Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 10:55 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,285 times

Advertisements

Great, I call people bro and I have NOT slept with them. Good thing I just got schooled!
These guys are people I saw as brothers! Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 11:01 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,819,676 times
Must a be highschool thing.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:22 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times
We need to be real about this..Many male so called friends are positioning themselves to be next in line whether it be for sex or dating.

They are waiting for her to become single, for her to have relationship issues, or for some other opportunity to sleep with her.

Sometimes he's waiting or her to get drunk. Hence the, "OMG I got drunk and slept with my male friend by accident!." That was no accident!

I guess it's harder for women to understand because sex esp nsa is so much more available to them

Old 06-17-2014, 01:12 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,771,168 times
I don't think that's true.. I joke around with my male buddies all the time, talking gangsta and calling them bro, bra, etc. and fist pumping and high fiving them.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:37 AM

398 posts, read 470,758 times
This is so stupid.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:06 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Just an FYI.

When a woman refers to a male friend as her "bro" or "big bro", there's a good chance they've slept together. The term "bro" is a cover for a FWB relationship because women don't want others knowing they're sleeping around. That word makes it appear plutonic. I know this because I've had a number of women refer to me that way publicly -- yet behind closed doors we've done it all.

So never trust a woman you're dating when she refers to her male friend as her big bro. And beware the woman with many bros.

Class dismissed.
The only woman who ever called me "bro" who I also slept with was someone I slept with many years ago. It couldn't possibly have any relevance to anyone she was dating now.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 AM

323 posts, read 308,266 times
While I've found some posts in this topic I agree with, I can't agree 100% with OP, simply due to the fact that the older of my two little sisters calls me bro, broha, or some other variation/word/whatever. I can't even tell you the last time she called me by my first name, which is good cuz I hate it anyway. Apparently she must feel weird calling me by my middle name, which is what I've gone by for close to 20 years. So calling me bro must be her way of finding some middle ground.

I'm cool with it.

And I've never slept with my sister. Nor would even if we weren't related.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:14 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Just an FYI.

When a woman refers to a male friend as her "bro" or "big bro", there's a good chance they've slept together. The term "bro" is a cover for a FWB relationship because women don't want others knowing they're sleeping around. That word makes it appear plutonic. I know this because I've had a number of women refer to me that way publicly -- yet behind closed doors we've done it all.

So never trust a woman you're dating when she refers to her male friend as her big bro. And beware the woman with many bros.

Class dismissed.
I am so out of touch if this is true (which I suspect it isn't).

Old 06-17-2014, 09:32 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,560,545 times
Actually, it doesn't sound that far-fetched because of the common usage. Its kind of a sly wink-wink-nudge-nudge if you happen to know the lingo; but, it sounds innocuous if you don't. Of course not all friends who use "bro" between them are FWB. However, its not that hard to believe that FWB will use "bro" to refer to each other, even around others.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:44 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
"Bro" just indicates comfort level.
Like calling someone "buddy" does it mean every girl who is comfortable with a man automatically has slept with them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships