Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 02:40 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,995,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamGT View Post
Not sure why they would, but if they are smart, which they probably seem educated on the food issues we have, it's both bad for your body(looks wise) and bad for your health(heart and everything else wise). Not to mention, the human body doesn't recognize most of it as food, but as an invader. This is the reason why so many have HBP and Diabetes. You may know know it yet, but the older you get, the more conscious you become about what you put it you body. I wish I would have known what they know at that age. I know now, and it's a good decision not to eat the stuff not matter how good it tastes. Just remember, it's chemically designed to smell and taste good. I like the taste and smell, but because I have done my research on the food industry(and drug), I will not put that stuff in my body.
I know PLENTY of people who drink all the time...get super smashed. Thats more acceptable than eating fast food. Why is that? Just as many calories and even more wear / tear on the body if you are puking / passing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 02:43 PM

29,785 posts, read 34,567,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I know PLENTY of people who drink all the time...get super smashed. Thats more acceptable than eating fast food. Why is that? Just as many calories and even more wear / tear on the body if you are puking / passing out.

Is it? Maybe if you're 22. Unhealthy things are unhealthy.

Maybe a better question for some of the more defensive guys on this thread is: why are you so pro-fast food? Tell us what's so great about it.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:43 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,230,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
Gender inequality is a topic for another thread. I'll just reiterate what I said pages before: if women were expected to pay half their way on every date, suddenly all their desire for fine dining would disappear. And eating at home or fast food wouldn't be such a big deal.

Didn't the vast majority of women who said they liked good food on this thread also say that they are perfectly happy to pay for it?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,238,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My thoughts exactly. Since when did drinking all the time become acceptable?

Quote:
Maybe a better question for some of the more defensive guys on this thread is: why are you so pro-fast food? Tell us what's so great about it.
I'd like to hear that as well!

Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,614,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Since when did drinking all the time become acceptable?
Drinking is definitely way more acceptable than fast food in my social circles. He has a point there. Or he would have a point if not for the fact that alcohol serves one very clear purpose that fast food does not. It is also served in much nicer atmospheres.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:53 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,230,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
The issue here is when we're going to get the vast majority of women to agree to half the meal. If we could, I wouldn't have to constantly meet women expecting me to pay.
No you don't. Just the ones you date. Or date people who like cheap food. Or like to do other things. Unless you are just another why I am too much of a loser to get dates whiner.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:54 PM

29,785 posts, read 34,567,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Drinking is definitely way more acceptable than fast food in my social circles. He has a point there. Or he would have a point if not for the fact that alcohol serves one very clear purpose that fast food does not. It is also served in much nicer atmospheres.
A glass of wine with dinner or having a beer or two is different than drinking until you puke. Outside of college that's not really acceptable behavior.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,238,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Moderate drinking - yes. Drinking copious amounts - not so much. But you're right about everything else!

Old 08-28-2013, 02:55 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,614,957 times
Quote:
A glass of wine with dinner or having a beer or two is different than drinking until you puke. Outside of college that's not really acceptable behavior.
I didn't realize we were discussing puking. That's a different story altogether. I'm used to people usually having more than one or two drinks when they go out, though, and I'm nearly two decades past undergraduate age.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:57 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,995,987 times
Quote:

I hardly drink. I get drunk like 5-6 times a year. I think getting drunk every weekend is more acceptable than eating fast food regularly. The "how do you eat that crap" attitude gets so old when fatter people say crap to me.

I'm not "pro" fast food. I don't see a massive difference between a restaurant and fast food. Is a $20-25 restaurant meal 4-5 more enjoyable than a $5-7 fast food meal? For me, its not. For most women, I think it is. For men, I have a feeling its 50/50.

Nearly every women on here says they don't eat fast food because its unhealthy. Do you ladies avoid everything thats unhealthy? Why is eating a cookie better than a fast food burger?

Its this bullcrap fast food stigma people have in this country. McDonald's in Europe and Australia don't have such a bad stigma, I've been there and I've ate in McDonald's there too. Most importantly, people in those areas aren't as fat as here. I never said I want to eat fast food daily. I said when I eat out, I prefer fast food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships