Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Every single items that is on a fast food menu tastes better when you make it at home... so how is my statement going too far???
I never said that your statement went too far, what I said was that I would not go as far as saying what you said that abandoning fast food for several weeks and then eating it again would make it taste bad. That is what I meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 12:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I never said that your statement went too far, what I said was that I would not go as far as saying what you said that abandoning fast food for several weeks and then eating it again would make it taste bad. That is what I meant.
I've never enjoyed it. Even as a child, I didn't like McD's. But there are exceptions - I will eat In 'N Out and Chick Fil A. However, when I lived near In 'N Out - during the ages when I went there the most with my friends, I was a vegetarian so I didn't eat much. I also don't live anywhere near either of those places now - and I'm glad!

Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've never enjoyed it. Even as a child, I didn't like McD's. But there are exceptions - I will eat In 'N Out and Chick Fil A. However, when I lived near In 'N Out - during the ages when I went there the most with my friends, I was a vegetarian so I didn't eat much. I also don't live anywhere near either of those places now - and I'm glad!
I used to go to Rallys but their burgers tear my stomach up so I don't go there anymore plus I believe I have irritable syndrome so greasy food hurts me so I don't eat much anymore plus I 43 so I need to watch what I eat , when I was 21 I could eat whatever I wanted but not anymore. Getting old sucks.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:20 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
The thing about fast food is that it doesn't even taste good... I mean you get rid of all fast food for several weeks and you go back to it and it tastes incredibly phony and nasty.....
If that were true then explain how fast food became so wildly popular in the first place. After all, it started with a consumer base that had been eating supposedly better tasting home made food. We see this effect in every population group all over the world, as fast food places expand into new markets. Peoples that had traditionally eaten healthy diets flock to fast food by the billions.

Some of you may truly dislike the taste of fast food but if this was the case with the majority of the population I don't think the fast food industry would have ever gotten off the ground. Same goes for the soda pop, cupcakes, candy, and other junk food industries.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
If that were true then explain how fast food became so wildly popular in the first place. After all, it started with a consumer base that had been eating supposedly better tasting home made food. We see this effect in every population group all over the world, as fast food places expand into new markets. Peoples that had traditionally eaten healthy diets flock to fast food by the billions.

Some of you may truly dislike the taste of fast food but if this was the case with the majority of the population I don't think the fast food industry would have ever gotten off the ground. Same goes for the soda pop, cupcakes, candy, and other junk food industries.
The fast food industry is definitely a powerful industry and it generates a tremendous amout of money and it is really hard to say how many customers are women but I can tell you for example this morning I overslept and ended up stopping at Mc Donalds fo breakfast which is not exactly my idea of a good breakfast but I was in a hurry and it is on the way to work and I counted 11 people including myself, 7 of them were women and 4 men, one was an employee probably in her 20's two other ones looked to be in their 60's or 70's ' another one maybe in her 40's was there with her mother I guess who was also an elderly lady and the rest looked like they were in their 30's. Two were white and the rest were African American so it was a quite a diverse crowd. In all fairness I must say that several of the women were overweight.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post

This always confounds me when I see people buying that coffee-colored drink at Dunkin Donuts. Dunkin Donuts call it "coffee" but I think they should be sued under fraudulent misrepresentaion. The most they do is show the beans to the water. I've tasted it on three separate occasions just to be sure. I have no idea why people buy it. Nevertheless, its hugely popular and makes me think I should bottle my dishwasher effluent for sale.
I can understand the McD's phenomenon more - it least it does stimulate the tastebuds and not just the sugar buds.

Disclosure: I'll have a fast-food burger once every month or two. Most expensive meal I've had - Per Se - over $700 for two (with wines), well worth it. Second most expensive, another NYC establishment I will not name - $400 for two, not worth it.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:14 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
It's safe to say that the handful of women on this particular board who don't do fast food do not represent all women. No one was ever trying to argue that or deny that many women out there in the universe have no problem with fast food, which is why you'll see them there. We're probably not the same people who go grocery shopping and load up the cart with Mountain Dew and Doritos and Entenmann's coffee cakes, either. Those women are out there, too.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-29-2013 at 03:25 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 03:23 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Like Julia said, FF tends to give people gas and it makes you fat. I stopped eating any FF for health reasons.

But that aside if we are going on a date, I want to go to a nicer establishment. IMO dates are suppose to be somewhat special, especially if you have been seeing each other for awhile. It doesn't have to be expensive but McD is not a "date". McD is what you pick up on the way home in a jam. If we are out and about and just need to eat, FF is ok.
One of my favorite sandwiches is an Arby's market fresh roast beef sandwhich on cracked, whole wheat bread. It's not necessarily what you eat, but where. We'd grab a couple and go out to the airport and park under where the planes take off and have a 'picnic' laying back on the hood of the car. We actually talked more about a plethora of things we wouldn't necessarily in a restaurant. In the winter - where it's buttass cold out, we'd order in maybe $10 of chinese delivery and have a carpet picnic in the living room. Don't get me wrong, I love a good steak and some upperscale places for their food, these are just some suggestions if you want to go the FF route.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:24 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
The thing about fast food is that it doesn't even taste good... I mean you get rid of all fast food for several weeks and you go back to it and it tastes incredibly phony and nasty.....
This from Mr. King Taco!

Old 08-29-2013, 03:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's safe to say that the handful of women on this particular board who don't do fast food do not represent all women. No one was ever trying to argue that or deny that many women out there in the universe have no problem with fast food. We're probably not the same people who go grocery shopping and load up the cart with Mountain Dew and Doritos and Entenmann's coffee cakes, either. Those women are out there, too.
Hahaha! Well, I do! But that's because my husband likes Mountain Dew (he said he's trying to wean himself off of it) and Doritos - and while I'm pregnant, sometimes I will indulge in some Entenmann's (although I haven't bought any for awhile - I think that was more in the beginning when their pecan danish was one of the few things that tasted good to me)! It always makes me laugh to look at my shopping cart, lots of fruits, veggies, organic foods, and then a whole bunch of Mountain Dew. I don't even like soda - I'm not a big fan of carbonation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships