Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,214,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It seems to be for the guys on this thread who are taking it personally that some people don't eat fast food on a regular basis.

That's the guilt of knowing you're loading your body up with garbage that will put you in an early grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,633,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Just because there are other unhealthy things - it doesn't make fast food/junk food any healthier.

And a frozen pizza or donuts from the grocery store still aren't as bad for you as a burger and fries.

Look - we all have preferences. Some people don't like fast food. You aren't going to make people like what they don't like.
I agree, all I am saying is that people who become unhealthy do it because of their eating habits, I believe any
food can be safely eaten as long as there is moderation. of course taste buds are different for everybody, and people should eat what they like but it is a good idea to be sensible about choices because in the long term it can have harmful consequences. I am not an advocate for junk food, I try to eat clean as much as possible but I don't mind some junk food occasionally.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,979,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
How old are you now? Junk food has a way of catching up with one day.

I'm 28 now, in the best shape of my life. My friends call me Benjamin Button. Had chickenpox a couple months ago. Still need to get my wisdom teeth taken out. And I haven't aged in the last 8 years. I was the kid in HS who looked 22 and I still look 22 now.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 AM

52,309 posts, read 52,771,567 times
The thing about fast food is that it doesn't even taste good... I mean you get rid of all fast food for several weeks and you go back to it and it tastes incredibly phony and nasty.....

Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The thing about fast food is that it doesn't even taste good... I mean you get rid of all fast food for several weeks and you go back to it and it tastes incredibly phony and nasty.....
That's definitely true. I don't eat much salt, so for me most fast food tastes like eating out of the Morton's salt canister with a spoon. It's gross.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,633,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well I wouldn't go that far but I can certainly understand this point of view. I have gone on vacation and my eating habits have been horrible and after the vacation is over I feel horrible because of all the junk food I ate but I don't blame the junk food for that I blame myself and my eating habits because that is what ultimately caused the problem. If I had been moderate and sensible about what I ate and kept my junk food consumption to a minimum I would have felt fine at the end of the vacation.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
We're talking about dating. You're not doing any cooking, domestic, and child care while dating, especially not on the first date.

Do women honestly look at every guy they date and think, "In the future, I'll be the one cooking, domestic, and child care. So he better start giving me free meals for work I haven't even done yet."?

Seriously? Wow. That's the definition of feeling entitled simply because you have a vagina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So much wrong with that...
Did you see the at the end. meaning joke, non serious, in jest.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:38 AM

52,309 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well I wouldn't go that far but I can certainly understand this point of view. I have gone on vacation and my eating habits have been horrible and after the vacation is over I feel horrible because of all the junk food I ate but I don't blame the junk food for that I blame myself and my eating habits because that is what ultimately caused the problem. If I had been moderate and sensible about what I ate and kept my junk food consumption to a minimum I would have felt fine at the end of the vacation.
Every single items that is on a fast food menu tastes better when you make it at home... so how is my statement going too far???

Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Nearly every women on here says they don't eat fast food because its unhealthy.
Do you ladies avoid everything thats unhealthy? Why is eating a cookie better
than a fast food burger?
Yes, mostly. I don't eat cookies either. But this is because I have changed my eating habits. When I was young like you I didn't worry about eating so healthy either. As others have said those days of bad eating habits have a way of catching up to you later in life.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,878,792 times
why hasn't this thread been moved to food and drink?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships