Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 01:44 PM

29 posts, read 43,683 times

Advertisements

Tall height attractive ?

Its a culture based thing I belive....beeing BALD and 6"2 tall with a solid frame makes me not attractive at all where I come from in Scandinavia ...but once I travel outside my country/region say to Russia I
become alot more approached by girls.

Most women in my country like the more metrosexual male ..which I have little in common with. So what happens then is that all my friends beeing 5"8-10 and averaging 170lbs get all the attention ..where I'm more popular other places like Russia

I would be interested to see how its like in the US ? To me at least over here there are alot more traits other than height that matters.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:47 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandinavian33 View Post
Tall height attractive ?

Its a culture based thing I belive....beeing BALD and 6"2 tall with a solid frame makes me not attractive at all where I come from in Scandinavia ...but once I travel outside my country/region say to Russia I
become alot more approached by girls.

Most women in my country like the more metrosexual male ..which I have little in common with. So what happens then is that all my friends beeing 5"8-10 and averaging 170lbs get all the attention ..where I'm more popular other places like Russia

I would be interested to see how its like in the US ? To me at least over here there are alot more traits other than height that matters.

Interesting, glad I don't live in your country! I'm 6' totally smooth bald (since mid 20s), third basemen build and do just fine here... you'd have no problems.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:50 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
I noticed there are a lot of 5'7" and 5'8" guys over there, and they're not at all worried about their height. I don't know how/where this obsession with height started here in the US (on the part of men, and some women). Height is irrelevant, imo.

Russia, hahahahahaha! Yeah, the "Russian mafia look" is popular over there. (Sorry, I'm not a fan.) But as long as you don't beat them when you get drunk, they'll like you.

Aren't you the guy who's coming to Vegas in the summer? That should work out well. Your height, as well as the bald schtick.

btw, I've always wondered: why isn't there more interest in Russia among Swedes? I mean, just as a vacation destination? St. Petersburg is practically right next door (I ALWAYS visit when I'm in Scandinavia!), and it's a beautiful city. Thoughts?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-29-2013 at 02:05 PM..

Old 11-29-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Interesting, glad I don't live in your country! I'm 6' totally smooth bald (since mid 20s), third basemen build and do just fine here... you'd have no problems.
I will be going on vacation to the US next summer, it will be interesting to see for sure

Old 11-29-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I noticed there are a lot of 5'7" and 5'8" guys over there, and they're not at all worried about their height. I don't know how/where this obsession with height started here in the US (on the part of men, and some women).

Russia, hahahahahaha! Yeah, the "Russian mafia look" is popular over there. (Sorry, I'm not a fan.) But as long as you don't beat them when you get drunk, they'll like you.

Aren't you the guy who's coming to Vegas in the summer? That should work out well.

btw, I've always wondered: why isn't there more interest in Russia among Swedes? I mean, just as a vacation destination? St. Petersburg is practically right next door (I ALWAYS visit when I'm in Scandinavia!), and it's a beautiful city. Thoughts?
You have good memory, judging by the amount of posts you have on this forum

I signed up for this forum to kinda learn and follow on "whats up in the US" ..through various topics and threads here.

Some cultures are more judgemental than others ...gotta know what I commit myself to

Actually I have too much of a social conscience to go with the "Russian mafia look" ...on the upside I can go pretty much everywhere without beeing bothered. But to initiate a conversation with a girl late saturday night outside on the street never works out in my favor ..lol

Swedes are much like Norwegians, very different culture than Russia. Few girls like the typcial Russian "look" and are very judgemental towards them. That`s why its almost impossible for me to get me a girlfriend here ..even though I'm a 100% Norwegian

Old 11-29-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandinavian33 View Post

Swedes are much like Norwegians, very different culture than Russia. Few girls like the typcial Russian "look" and are very judgemental towards them. That`s why its almost impossible for me to get me a girlfriend here ..even though I'm a 100% Norwegian
Oh, you're Norsk? For some reason I thought you were Svensk. I spent part of a summer working on a farm up in the north, a long time ago. Frankly, I didn't find people to be too friendly there. I had better luck next door, i Sverige.

But I still don't understand why no one's interested in Russia as a tourism destination. They travel around Scandinavia and Finland, but no one seems interested in popping into St. Pete's, or checking out Karelia, or anything. Maybe it's partly because the visa formalities are somewhat of an obstacle? Possibly the language barrier, too?

ok, I guess we're off-topic, now.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:28 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,929,115 times
There is a lot more sexism (against both genders, for different things) racism, ethnocentrism and judgmentalism in the U.S than in Scandinavia.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
There is a lot more sexism (against both genders, for different things) racism, ethnocentrism and judgmentalism in the U.S than in Scandinavia.
Are you sure about that? Sexism, I agree.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, you're Norsk? For some reason I thought you were Svensk. I spent part of a summer working on a farm up in the north, a long time ago. Frankly, I didn't find people to be too friendly there. I had better luck next door, i Sverige.

But I still don't understand why no one's interested in Russia as a tourism destination. They travel around Scandinavia and Finland, but no one seems interested in popping into St. Pete's, or checking out Karelia, or anything. Maybe it's partly because the visa formalities are somewhat of an obstacle? Possibly the language barrier, too?

ok, I guess we're off-topic, now.
I wish I was swedish ..I travel there alot because I like it alot more there. Swedes are alot more approachable and openminded. Only reason that I have not moved from Norway is because there is alot of good buisness to be made here.

When I sell my buisness I will look to move to somewere else and settle down.

I will buy an apartment in Sweden for sure ..but maybe try different places and see where I belong the most.

Which is what I'm in the process of figuring out now

Russia is interesting and I find it wierd also than noone else seems to recognize that ..but most people don`t do it because they are too judgemental in my opinion.

I have been wanting to interrail Russia for some time now ..but it will be a visit to the US first now.

You worked on a farm in the north? ..interesting, you know the name of the closest "big" city ..maybe it was Trondheim ?

Old 11-29-2013, 05:37 PM

On a broader on-topic note however ...

Its safe to conclude with that it varies depending on the culture, my understanding seems to be that height is alot more of a definitive dealbreaker in the U.S than in say Scandinavia.

Where over here its what makes people be judgemental about you that becomes the dealbreaker. You are alot better of with the girls beeing 5"9 tall, normal looking slim and looking like a Scandinavian.

Girls over here at least is very conscious about what kind of boyfriend its acceptable to have as a boyfriend. So breaking into social groupes at random looking like you`re from somewhere else is not easy normaly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.