Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 05:41 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandinavian33 View Post
On a broader on-topic note however ...

Its safe to conclude with that it varies depending on the culture, my understanding seems to be that height is alot more of a definitive dealbreaker in the U.S than in say Scandinavia.

Where over here its what makes people be judgemental about you that becomes the dealbreaker. You are alot better of with the girls beeing 5"9 tall, normal looking slim and looking like a Scandinavian.

Girls over here at least is very conscious about what kind of boyfriend its acceptable to have as a boyfriend. So breaking into social groupes at random looking like you`re from somewhere else is not easy normaly.

Just do not visit Seattle or taxifornia and you be just fine.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:06 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandinavian33 View Post
I wish I was swedish ..I travel there alot because I like it alot more there. Swedes are alot more approachable and openminded.
I have been wanting to interrail Russia for some time now ..but it will be a visit to the US first now.

You worked on a farm in the north? ..interesting, you know the name of the closest "big" city ..maybe it was Trondheim ?
haha, you call Trondheim "the north"?? I mean WAY north! I tried to get as close to the Russian border as possible, but they didn't approve my request for Kirkenes. So they placed me in the Troms district. Down the fjord from the city.

Interesting--I had the same impression of Swedes. Friendlier.

OMG! Russian trains!!! They're the BEST! It's a real experience!

Back to topic: I know the Swedish type you're talking about: sort of more delicate-looking. But they're not all like that.

I think your "look" will do just fine in the US. Do give us a full report after you return.

P.S. DO visit California! The beaches! The redwood forests! (There are nude hot springs hidden in the forests.) The wineries! Be sure to visit Yosemite National Park, if you possibly can (will you have a car?) Make a reservation for a tent or cabin well in advance. Breathtaking scenery!

Old 11-30-2013, 02:31 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,930 times
I've been told 6' to 6'5" is attractive. Once a man gets into the 6'6" and above range it becomes freakish and Lurch like.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,747,090 times
I am 5ft2in. I don't find tall men attractive and I would never date anyone more than 6ft. I prefer men around 5ft6-10.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:12 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Being tall doesn't make a man attractive...an attractive face/body/personality make him attractive. For me, if he has all that AND he's tall it's a bonus.

However, I know plenty of men that I would chase if I were single, and they are no where near 6'+

Old 11-30-2013, 03:17 PM

213 posts, read 377,093 times
I just like it when men are taller than me. I'm 5' tall! Men that make a lot of money are more attractive to me than tall men.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:25 PM

29 posts, read 43,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
haha, you call Trondheim "the north"?? I mean WAY north! I tried to get as close to the Russian border as possible, but they didn't approve my request for Kirkenes. So they placed me in the Troms district. Down the fjord from the city.

Interesting--I had the same impression of Swedes. Friendlier.

OMG! Russian trains!!! They're the BEST! It's a real experience!

Back to topic: I know the Swedish type you're talking about: sort of more delicate-looking. But they're not all like that.

I think your "look" will do just fine in the US. Do give us a full report after you return.

P.S. DO visit California! The beaches! The redwood forests! (There are nude hot springs hidden in the forests.) The wineries! Be sure to visit Yosemite National Park, if you possibly can (will you have a car?) Make a reservation for a tent or cabin well in advance. Breathtaking scenery!
THAT way north ? ..only interesting place that far up north is Svalbard where the polar bears hang out

Thanks for you kind tips of vacationing in the US ... I will do some research into what you`re mentioning here

A rental car getting me from A-B-C-D is a *must* I belive ..a really fast car crusing between the states

I really think it will be good to broaden my perspective and dont get too stuck and badly influenced by the judgemental culture over here...

The Russian trains is on my todo list definatly

I will surely take some time to experience the nightlife and drop in as many clubs/bars I can, see how I fit in ..lol

Old 11-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Being tall doesn't make a man attractive...an attractive face/body/personality make him attractive. For me, if he has all that AND he's tall it's a bonus.

However, I know plenty of men that I would chase if I were single, and they are no where near 6'+
That`s exacly like how most girls in Scandinavia would put it ...but by saying that its an expression to a preference of the metro-sexual male *look*. Nothing wrong with that ofcourse ...

Personality is what everyone should focus on developing for the better every day ..I think that`s universially accepted as attractive at least.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:36 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykatlady View Post
I just like it when men are taller than me. I'm 5' tall! Men that make a lot of money are more attractive to me than tall men.
haha I appreciate your honesty!

Old 11-30-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykatlady View Post
Well money is attractive to everyone ...same as saying "I will like you "no matter what" because you have money in your pocket".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.