Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:41 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,603,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
But I think you actually are pretty unique to that. Again, I'm quite certain most men on OKC want more than just friends with out benefits from women who post there.
Let's say you're right. (You may well be.) Now what? I don't really see what the problem is either way. People either find what they're looking for or they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 04:31 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,759 times
The reply I get so often is, "I'm just here to make new friends, not scope out guys." But then it also makes me wonder why hubby isn't enough as their best friend?

Old 09-10-2013, 05:39 PM

4 posts, read 15,541 times
I didn't get a chance to read through all these posts so forgive me if what I say is repetitive.

I think if by dating site you mean eharmony or some kind of paid dating site, this isn't normal and it's not ok. Most likely the husbands/bfs have no idea and these women was looking to cheat.

But if by dating site, you mean okcupid, then that's a different story. I think it's ok to look for friendships there because it's more of a casual site.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:08 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
Yes it's OKC, but the womens ads visible to men so it seems they are ok with being friends with men who are on an there. My point is I don't think many men are looking for women to be their friends unless they can get a little something extra.

I went and checked and I noticed that no where on there does it ask you to specify if you are single or taken. It also doesn't let you specify if you are straight, bisexual, or gay. What a shame!

Anyways, there are men there looking for friends, but I don't know if they are taken or if they mean FWB or platonic friends.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:46 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
The reply I get so often is, "I'm just here to make new friends, not scope out guys." But then it also makes me wonder why hubby isn't enough as their best friend?
If you get a reply like, " I'm just here to make friends, not scope out guys" She is saying no to you, letting you down nicely. She is looking for action on the side, possibly more. If it works out. Hubby is gone. Women want sex and will go after it just as much as guys do. They just go about it differently. Not to come across as easy or a s**t. Always remember. If they will cheat with you. They will cheat on you.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
Those women who say they're looking for friends likely put it there in case someone they know sees they have a dating site when its known they are in a relationship. No straight woman goes on a site to meet men to only have them be just friends, they're exploring the options. Then again some women on there really are losers looking for friends but aren't smart enough that its going to be all horny guys.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I went and checked and I noticed that no where on there does it ask you to specify if you are single or taken. .
On OKC? Yes it does, unless they've changed it recently. In fact, you're required to specify.

Quote:
It also doesn't let you specify if you are straight, bisexual, or gay.
It has you specify who you're looking for (women, men, or both), which for practical purposes is the same thing.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
On OKC? Yes it does, unless they've changed it recently. In fact, you're required to specify.
Oh right, it does, now that I look again. I only said that because just today someone asked me if I was taken. It's clearly written there that I'm single, like you said. Maybe they missed it too.

Quote:
It has you specify who you're looking for (women, men, or both), which for practical purposes is the same thing.
What you are looking for is slightly different than your sexual orientation. I'm only on there for friends and I put "Everybody" but I am not bisexual or pansexual or whatever you call it. I'm heterosexual.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
What you are looking for is slightly different than your sexual orientation. I'm only on there for friends and I put "Everybody" but I am not bisexual or pansexual or whatever you call it. I'm heterosexual.
If you're just looking for friends, who cares if people know you're heterosexual? You could mention it on your profile if it's that important of a defining characteristic for you, but I don't know why it would be. I still don't see what the point would be in listing orientation when you can already list what you're looking for, which is all that should matter to anyone.

Last edited by nearnorth; 09-10-2013 at 10:33 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
If you're just looking for friends, who cares if people know you're heterosexual? You could mention it on your profile if it's that important of a defining characteristic for you, but I don't know why it would be. I still don't see what the point what be in listing orientation when you can already list what you're looking for, which is all that should matter to anyone.
It doesn't matter to me at all (for the reasons you stated) but I realize that some people think friends means FWB and I especially don't want to deal with creepy guys who are expressly looking for bisexual women to have a 3-some with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships