Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 PM

7 posts, read 13,329 times

Advertisements

I've been doing that for 2 months now and none of them know each other. To be honest, I like that and want to keep it that way.

One of my dates has recently asked me about being his gf and I declined it, said I'll think about it. I don't want to because then that would be cheating and I wouldn't want that type of reputation nor feel responsible for hurting someone. I don't want to commit; I just want to have fun without them knowing this.

The only thing is it's getting a bit harder to keep in track. I have to sometimes invent an excuse when setting up a date with one of them and arrange it somewhere else, that way they don't bump into each other by accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 02:56 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Its no easy task dating multiple people

Old 10-21-2013, 02:56 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youseeya View Post
I've been doing that for 2 months now and none of them know each other. To be honest, I like that and want to keep it that way.

One of my dates has recently asked me about being his gf and I declined it, said I'll think about it. I don't want to because then that would be cheating and I wouldn't want that type of reputation nor feel responsible for hurting someone. I don't want to commit; I just want to have fun without them knowing this.

The only thing is it's getting a bit harder to keep in track. I have to sometimes invent an excuse when setting up a date with one of them and arrange it somewhere else, that way they don't bump into each other by accident.
Listen, if you are dating more than one person and none of them know it, you are already "cheating." That is to say, you are already practicing deception. I bet the only reason you want to "keep it that way" is because you know all hell would break loose if these guys knew about each other.

You are entitled to date more than one person if you like. But they have a right to know what the heck is going on. If they don't, you are taking away their right to choose.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
bet the only reason you want to "keep it that way" is because you know all hell would break loose if these guys knew about each other.
You're right, my fun would probably end and that would suck. I guess I like the thrill of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You are entitled to date more than one person if you like. But they have a right to know what the heck is going on. If they don't, you are taking away their right to choose.
If I tell them know, they would probably not want to keep dating me and I don't want to drop either of them. But will they really find out about this?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Its no easy task dating multiple people
No, it's not and one time I accidentally confused guy 1 for guy 3. I quickly invented an excuse and told him it was some cousin I was expecting a call from and kind of elaborated it.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:03 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:

So basically, you are lieing to three guys about what you are doing.
I would say then that yes, what you are doing is wrong and bad.

If you not exclusive, there's technically wrong with dating more than one person. But lieing to cover it up? That is wrong.
Ideally, you admit to all three guys you are seeing other people so at least they know the situation. 2 months into one guy is getting to be a while to date multiple people, unless a casual relationship has been predefined.
Such is life.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
If I tell them know, they would probably not want to keep dating me and I don't want to drop either of them. But will they really find out about this?
Are you a sociopath? Do you not understand that not everything is about you and your fun? Do you understand that you have to respect other people's rights, even if that doesn't benefit you? Jesus H. Christ, who raised you?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:07 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,090 times
There's nothing wrong with dating multiple people if you are single, but the way you worded this it is not clear if all the guys know you are not seeing them exclusively.

Do they each think that you're not officially bf/gf but you're not seeing anyone else either? If so, it's probably worth dropping during a conversation that you see other people. You don't need to go into detail, but you should be above board about it. Technically you don't owe anyone any explanations of you are not exclusive but IMO it's better to be safe than sorry.

BTW, men get in trouble with this all the time. This is how women end up crying, and the guy is all "I never said I was your boyfriend!" LOL. Don't play with people's emotions. Be upfront!

Old 10-21-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
There's nothing wrong with dating multiple people if you are single, but the way you worded this it is not clear if all the guys know you are not seeing them exclusively.

Do they each think that you're not officially bf/gf but you're not seeing anyone else either? If so, it's probably worth dropping during a conversation that you see other people. You don't need to go into detail, but you should be above board about it. Technically you don't owe anyone any explanations of you are not exclusive but IMO it's better to be safe than sorry.

BTW, men get in trouble with this all the time. This is how women end up crying, and the guy is all "I never said I was your boyfriend!" LOL. Don't play with people's emotions. Be upfront!
Thank you!

The thing you have to remember is that most people will assume you are exclusive unless you state otherwise. Frankly, I think most people know that. This OP is either a fake or a total narcissist.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
[/b]

So basically, you are lieing to three guys about what you are doing.
I would say then that yes, what you are doing is wrong and bad.

If you not exclusive, there's technically wrong with dating more than one person. But lieing to cover it up? That is wrong.
I think I got a bit carried away and the days went by quickly and I would forget to tell them I'm seeing someone else. I was going to tell them last month but forgot.

I guess I should inform them and hopefully they still want to see me but I don't know. The one that asked me to be his gf will sure be turned off completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships