Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:33 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times

Advertisements

In my opinion, anyone mentally agile enough to juggle three relationships at the same time wouldn't need to resort to asking for permission on an internet forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 04:39 PM

7 posts, read 13,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
It certainly is a blast dating multiple people isn't it? I don't blame you in the slightest. Try not to add anymore though, there were times times when I would be dating 6 women at a time and if you have a full-time job that can be damn near impossible.

It's really quite simple to ensure they never find out about eachother, just make sure that you keep telling them what they want to hear and never allow them to see your phone for any reason.
Wow you beat me. How you manage it with 6 at once? I thought it was already hard enough with 3 but 6 would be even more difficult.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:55 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youseeya View Post
Wow you beat me. How you manage it with 6 at once? I thought it was already hard enough with 3 but 6 would be even more difficult.
It was pretty easy since I had a lot more time back then. My only responsibility was school and my schedule was flexible as can be, so I was able to chill with women at various different times of the day. Thanks to that extra time, I was able to strategically date women that lived in different parts in the city, so getting caught up was damn near impossible.

Good times.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I'm sorry, but that is not the cultural norm. I am not talking about how it should be, but how it is. We have to live in the world as it is, not as we wish it was.

It is everywhere I have lived. Unless you have the conversation agreeing to exclusivity, you're not exclusive. Maybe you're not in the U.S.? Or you're in a Southern state? It may be different there, I don't know.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:28 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It is everywhere I have lived. Unless you have the conversation agreeing to exclusivity, you're not exclusive. Maybe you're not in the U.S.? Or you're in a Southern state? It may be different there, I don't know.
I am in the US, in Chicago, the 3rd largest city in the country. No, I am not in some backwater.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:31 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Well, I've lived in Chicago (early 30s) and I assure you, just because you went on a few dates with someone over weeks or a few months, there was zero assuming that you were exclusive. This was early 00s, not that long ago. Quite the opposite, Chicago was big into people dating around A LOT.

I moved there from Madison and being a smaller town people got exclusive quicker, but even then, it was never assumed.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:40 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
It was pretty easy since I had a lot more time back then. My only responsibility was school and my schedule was flexible as can be, so I was able to chill with women at various different times of the day. Thanks to that extra time, I was able to strategically date women that lived in different parts in the city, so getting caught up was damn near impossible.

Good times.
Sounds like too much work to me. I can't be bothered with consulting a spreadsheet to keep track like this.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, I've lived in Chicago (early 30s) and I assure you, just because you went on a few dates with someone over weeks or a few months, there was zero assuming that you were exclusive. This was early 00s, not that long ago. Quite the opposite, Chicago was big into people dating around A LOT.

I moved there from Madison and being a smaller town people got exclusive quicker, but even then, it was never assumed.
Well, what can I say? You live in a charmed word. I live in a mundane one.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:28 PM

393 posts, read 466,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You are entitled to date more than one person if you like. But they have a right to know what the heck is going on. If they don't, you are taking away their right to choose.
That's a "right" that, IMO, doesn't exist. Just because many people might not want to date you if they knew something about you doesn't mean you're obligated to disclose that information. If things were different, they wouldn't be the same.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:32 PM

393 posts, read 466,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
If you are having sex with more than one, then it would be unethical to expose any others to potential STIs without their knowledge and consent and they need to be informed
If you practice safe sex, I don't think the degree of risk is so great that you need to inform them. Anyone who has sex runs SOME danger of an STD. If you actually have a chronic STD, like HIV or herpes, then I'd agree you need to tell them about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships