Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 AM

393 posts, read 466,745 times

Advertisements

To the OP: Do what you want and what you're comfortable with. You can live your life the way you choose whether strangers on an Internet forum approve or not. As I once said elsewhere, if this site existed 50 years ago and someone asked if it was okay to marry someone of a different race, the vast majority of respondents would have said no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
And that right there the difference. You are up-front and honest, not playing games and being deceitful for your own pleasure, and everyone else's feelings be dam*ed.
I don't trust people who are so sanctimonious about honesty. I think they themselves are the most DIShonest.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:23 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
I am not a serial dater, and I do not date anyone who is. I expressly stated this in my profiles. It is simply not for me, but I don't give a rat's ass what other people do so long as one is forthright and upfront about the situation at hand.

Most of the men I have been involved with also desired exclusivity from the start. I desire the same, and would not tolerate anything less.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I am not a serial dater, and I do not date anyone who is. I expressly stated this in my profiles. It is simply not for me, but I don't give a rat's ass what other people do so long as one is forthright and upfront about the situation at hand.

Most of the men I have been involved with also desired exclusivity from the start. I desire the same, and would not tolerate anything less.

We each have to do what is right for us. But how do you know from date one that you want to be exclusive? Can you help me understand this way of dating ? I've never had a single date and then said, or implied, that we both need to not have any other dates from day one. I have no idea how that would work. You don't know each other after one date, so how can you make such an important decision?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:28 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
I don't trust people who are so sanctimonious about honesty. I think they themselves are the most DIShonest.
Whatever helps you sleep at night and justify your lack of morals.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Whatever helps you sleep at night and justify your lack of morals.
Whatever helps you feel like God's gift to the human race

Old 10-23-2013, 08:47 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youseeya View Post
I don't want a committed relationship and really don't care about this ''Oh will I find Mr Right'' thing (and never did). I don't like the idea of being stuck with one person for years. There's is too much responsibilities within a relationship.
OP, I really really hope you are not meeting these guy through online dating sites.
If you are meeting them OLD, then you ARE lieing to them, misleading them, manipulating them, and false representing yourself.

I highly doubt you are only meeting guys that are seeking 'casual dating' exclusively.
If their profile states they are seeking LTR, then you shouldnt be banging these guys.

I almost question the sincerity of this thread, but JUST THIS WEEK, i met a woman who is literally juggling, dating, and yes, even having sex with 3 different dudes. And yes, she is literally out with each of them separately in the same week. It does happen, even though the OP sounds extreme. And to top it off, the woman I know... you would NEVER know by looking at her that she dates around. Has a good job, takes care of herself, attractive, intelligent. If I didnt just meet her, I would have a hard time believing the OP. Sometimes 'you don't know what you don't know' . Supposedly, the woman I know, the guys all know about each other. But I kinda doubt that.

Sometimes these threads sound soooooooo far fetched, and then I meet someone IRL in a similar scenario and I go.... Some of those threads ARE real, even though it seems like they are not.

It sure is interesting out there.....

Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
And to top it off, the woman I know... you would NEVER know by looking at her that she dates around. Has a good job, takes care of herself, attractive, intelligent.

Wait, you seriously don't think good looking, professional, educated women don't date? Or that you can tell by looking at them what their dating practices are? Most people don't jump into instantly monogamous relationships after a few dates, and thinking you can tell that they do by looking at them is up there with being able to figure out if someone is gay or straight by looking at them.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:02 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wait, you seriously don't think good looking, professional, educated women don't date? Or that you can tell by looking at them what their dating practices are? Most people don't jump into instantly monogamous relationships after a few dates, and thinking you can tell that they do by looking at them is up there with being able to figure out if someone is gay or straight by looking at them.

Haha, thats cute.
Actually, I can usually tell within 5 seconds of meeting someone if they are gay. Especially if it's a guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but i CAN tell.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youseeya View Post
I've been doing that for 2 months now and none of them know each other. To be honest, I like that and want to keep it that way.

One of my dates has recently asked me about being his gf and I declined it, said I'll think about it. I don't want to because then that would be cheating and I wouldn't want that type of reputation nor feel responsible for hurting someone. I don't want to commit; I just want to have fun without them knowing this.

The only thing is it's getting a bit harder to keep in track. I have to sometimes invent an excuse when setting up a date with one of them and arrange it somewhere else, that way they don't bump into each other by accident.
As long if you're not exclusive than its ok to date and see multiple people. If your exclusive than its an issue. It looks like you are not ready for an exclusive relationship, or you don't know what type of guy you like or interest you or you may not find non of them physically attractive or domineering. You should be upfront with these guys that you are seeing other people and that were just friends at the moment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships