Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
[/b]

Haha, thats cute.
Actually, I can usually tell within 5 seconds of meeting someone if they are gay. Especially if it's a guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but i CAN tell.

Oh please, even the gayest of gay men don't have that type of gaydar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 09:34 AM

393 posts, read 466,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You should be upfront with these guys that you are seeing other people and that were just friends at the moment!
But she's not just friends with them.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:36 AM

589 posts, read 639,298 times
Quote:
[/b]

Haha, thats cute.
Actually, I can usually tell within 5 seconds of meeting someone if they are gay. Especially if it's a guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but i CAN tell.

No you can't. Even gay people can't always tell. Wentworth Miller, Jason Collins, Meredith Baxter. You're going to tell me you knew they were gay?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:36 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh please, even the gayest of gay men don't have that type of gaydar.
You don't have to agree. But lieing on this forum really does nothing for me. It's like like I have some huge following that I garnered with all my BS.

just understand the following; Just because you can't do something/understand something, doesn't mean no one can.

And I also disagree with your gaydar comment.... IME, gay men are VERY good at quickly determining someone's sexual orientation.
And yes, I have known gay men.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
And I also disagree with your gaydar comment.... IME, gay men are VERY good at quickly determining someone's sexual orientation.
And yes, I have known gay men.

They generally are, but they will admit they get it wrong a good percentage of the time as well. At least the ones out of their 20s do.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:01 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
No you can't. Even gay people can't always tell. Wentworth Miller, Jason Collins, Meredith Baxter. You're going to tell me you knew they were gay?
Alexander the Great....

Old 10-23-2013, 10:04 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We each have to do what is right for us. But how do you know from date one that you want to be exclusive? Can you help me understand this way of dating ? I've never had a single date and then said, or implied, that we both need to not have any other dates from day one. I have no idea how that would work. You don't know each other after one date, so how can you make such an important decision?
It depends on the individuals in question, really. I've been on many, dozens, of dates in my over two years in the dating scene. There were plenty dates that never went beyond the first date, most of which occurred in the early period of the dating scene when I was exploring and all that jazz.

What I discovered was, I am not into casual dating in the long term. I once did the "Go out with anyone who I am attracted to and is interested. Maybe there's some compatibility." This approach can become quite exhausting overtime. Exhausting and fruitless to go out just to go out. I then became much more selective in the process.

And when it concerns exclusivity, it isn't something expected on either end when/if there's no true connection or when/if the objectives vary. If the chemistry or attraction is not there then it's not even up for consideration. I've been on many dates where I had no interest beyond said date. However, those I have ended up involved or in an actual relationship with, exclusivity was desired from early on.

The men I have dated who were inclined toward exclusivity if they met the right match were those who had been in the dating scene for some time, explored plenty and were essentially "done" with the scene. These men were past the "dating just to date" or weren't inclined toward it at all. Perhaps it's also a generational thing in part, as those who desired something more serious after meeting someone with whom they connect with on multiple levels were in their late 30's to early 40's. They were more serious in finding and developing something more, well, serious.

My last two committed relationships were exclusive from the outset. I've been involved with/talked to men, in the earlier part of my dating adventures, who desired exclusivity from the start, but my situation at the time didn't quite allow for it. I was involved with a man early summer where we became exclusive from the beginning, and my current relationship, same thing.

However, exclusivity being mutually desired from the outset has applied to about a dozen prospective suitors out of several dozen. Everything has to "fit" right, the chemistry, attraction, and connection at multiple levels, etc., in order for that to apply.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Just because you can't do something, doesn't mean it's impossible.
C'mon people.

I dont make claims to date models and attract playmates. I am unskilled in attracting the typical 'model type' woman.
That doesn't mean I have no skills, and it also doesn't mean ALL of my skills are lessor than you or the next person.

TBH, most people are amazed at my gaydar. Thing is, with the metrasexual push the past 5 years, my gaydar is probably not as good as it used to be.
But I seldom am wrong about such things.

I bet you have a skill that I can't compete with. Perhaps you can calculate pi to the 21st digit in your head, or can make a ham sandwich like none I've ever had before. And me telling you on a forum that "no you can't" is just about as counterproductive as I can imagine.

Don't believe anything I say, I literally don't care.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:17 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Alexander the Great....

I called it on Alexander, years ago, it was so obvious. The way he killed people, I said if he was straight, he would have killed them and left the blood on his face, not wipe it off like a woman...he is definitely gay.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I called it on Alexander, years ago, it was so obvious. The way he killed people, I said if he was straight, he would have killed them and left the blood on his face, not wipe it off like a woman...he is definitely gay.
Good call! I didnt consider that one!

Me, I used the DeLorean and traveled back in time to figure that one out. I just HAD to see it once and for all.

I almost got stuck there too. The flux capacitor started acting up, but luckily I had a spare Canootzen Valve under the hood, and patched up my low gigawatt production issue.

Part of me considered staying back there, but I was afraid the butterfly effect may have deleted my existence, so I came back to city data.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships