Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:55 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,760,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sounds like you thought the 'relationship' was more serious than it was.

I don't see how it was a lie. A romantic interest can still be a friend, especially if it hadn't progressed to romance yet. Like I said, she wasn't that into you if she was still seeing other people. That's the important part.
I agree with what your saying in technological terms it wasn't a serious relationship so thus no responsibility. But i don't think that was the point of what op is saying. What he is saying is a humanistic point of view. There is nothing wrong with placing the welfare of others before your own once in awhile. The world would be a better place for it.

Some people believe that unless you have a ring on the finger you can do whatever you wan't without being concerned about others. But there has to be a line somewhere it can't be about one person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 07:58 PM

362 posts, read 560,338 times
The question on my mind, and I didn't see if anyone asked yet....

During this time you were non-exclusive with her, were you dating other women? If you were, what did you tell your non-exclusive girl, and the other women?

My guess is that you were less than honest with both. People usually bend the truth to suit their own needs, everything is open to interpretation.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:07 PM

I believe what people are tripping over is i and op (correct me if im wrong ok?) are not saying the girl doesn't have the right to date whoever or even to move in with a guy. What we are saying is its not right to treat people with such disrespect because she wantted to avoid a confrontation or was too selfish. We are saying contact, let a guy know, not ask for permission.

Is it that hard to be considerate of someone elses feelings?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times
Quote:
Absolutely. You should assume the other person is dating around until it's exclusive. When I was using OLD I fully assumed the guys I went out with were dating several other people at once and they didn't have to come right out and tell me. It's not deception, but it is stupid if you assume they're only dating you.
Quote:
When I started seeing my guy I deleted my account and ceased contact with the other 2 guys I was chatting with because I was only interested in him.
Jet, I may be reading this wrong, but it sounds like you have a double standard for you and the guys you date. It sounds like, if you like a guy you stop even talking to other potentials, but you assume he is dating others.

I also think you are still missing the OP's point. He did not assume anything. She lied to his face.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 PM

941 posts, read 3,912,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I also think you are still missing the OP's point. He did not assume anything. She lied to his face.
She did what she thought was the best for her. I mean, seeing as this thread is here...

Old 10-29-2013, 08:19 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
This is something that happened a while ago. I was casually dating someone. It had just been 1-2 months. She said that she sometimes meets other people online, but they were just dates, not anyone that she ended up being interested in dating again. So she said a friend was coming into town to visit for a week. She was new to the area, so it seemed very believable that a friend from another state would visit. About a month later the friend visited again for a week. So I asked for details, because it would be very unusual for an out of state friend to visit again after a short time. It turned out that it was someone from a dating site, who soon after moved in with her. I think it would be fine if she didn't tell me what was up the first visit, since you never know if you will actually like the person you haven't met yet. But for her to say, that it's a friend visiting the second time is a lie. What do you think?
well, obviously, she wanted to date around. It doesn't matter she lied or not, you need to figure out what exactly do you want from this woman.

You posted that you were "casually" dating someone, so it doesn't seem to ME that you are serious about her. Maybe your feeling for her has changed? Maybe you want a more exclusive one on one relationship with her. If this is the case, tell her.

You cannot change other people's opinion, or way of life. You can only change your reaction to other people's behavior. What is the point of asking internet strangers if she lied or not?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
Yeah, she should have been more honest. You probably dodged a bullet.

Only suckers believe that.
Really? Only suckers believe that?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, obviously, she wanted to date around. It doesn't matter she lied or not, you need to figure out what exactly do you want from this woman.

You posted that you were "casually" dating someone, so it doesn't seem to ME that you are serious about her. Maybe your feeling for her has changed? Maybe you want a more exclusive one on one relationship with her. If this is the case, tell her.

You cannot change other people's opinion, or way of life. You can only change your reaction to other people's behavior. What is the point of asking internet strangers if she lied or not?
The casually dating was the girl op was talking about hon

Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,747,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
The question on my mind, and I didn't see if anyone asked yet....

During this time you were non-exclusive with her, were you dating other women? If you were, what did you tell your non-exclusive girl, and the other women?

My guess is that you were less than honest with both. People usually bend the truth to suit their own needs, everything is open to interpretation.
I wasn't dating other women. If I were dating other women, I would talk about it at some point. If it were 1-3 dates, I don't see the point of bringing anything up. But I wouldn't try to make them think that someone I was dating, was really just a friend. The situation I was in was a little different, since the other guy was in another state. For someone to fly and stay for a week 2 times, is more than just getting to know someone.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 PM

By not telling op before the friend who wasn't came over that it could get serious is wrong. 1. Your robbing someone of there emotional security by providing a false front that he believed. 2. It takes away his right to decide what good for him in his life.

Is that your point op?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships