Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 AM

455 posts, read 900,665 times

Advertisements

If the OP thinks he's going to be bedding fit women for the rest of his life, then when he takes over the Playboy Mansion as Hefner's successor, I really hope he invites us for a sleep-over...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 AM

934 posts, read 1,943,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I guess I was being too rigid!

Saw what you did there...

Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM

11,831 posts, read 12,094,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
I don't think the OP is being shallow at all. I think he knows what he wants and doesn't want to waste anyone's time. Given this woman's past, he also understands that he must be kind in letting her go. He is being both respectful and understanding.

Should he not turn her down at all and just continue a relationship with her? Is that sparing her feelings?

People are allowed to like what they like and pursue their interests. Everyone is so willing to tell this person how shallow he is but if you were in a similar position, wouldn't you do the same?

If the OP were a woman, would you all feel the same? What if this woman were complaining about the man's penis size? The double standard here astounds me.
I agree that he shouldn't waste her time.

But I think most people are balking at having a great connection with someone, getting along well, finding her cute as a button, but then easily discarding her because you can't bounce quarters off her abdomen.

He's entitled to his preferences, I just think that a lot of people here think he's crazy to walk away from her over it.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,617,119 times
women "want" to have sex for various reasons and they are often not your reasons.
break up for guys means "confess" its all your fault and she is too good for you.
whoever coined the word "male ego" did not comprehend what happens in a divorce court that is the only place u will hear a true opinion of your value to her.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,780,890 times
Buddy, women are ten times more picky then anything you describe in your post! They dump men over every single conceivable issue. Height, status, money, small penis, not enough hair, eye color, a crooked tooth,........you name it!

In a sense women mislead and then judge and over react harshly when then truth is revealed. You said she looked great in clothing, makeup etc....Women put on layers of makeup, use pushup bras, wear heals, do unbelievable things to their hair, eyes, skin, etc, etc......all designed to attract men, then reality sets in when they're naked. WHAT DO THEY EXPECT MAN?

This why I date women who are secure with themselves. (funny how they always dish that out at us) and can dress casual, not wear makeup (or so much) wear flat bottom shoes and don't need their boobs pushed up to their throat with a fake bra. Natural looking genuine beauties is where it's at!

Don't feel bad for judging and having a preference!

Old 11-22-2013, 09:37 AM

39,380 posts, read 27,767,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking_Good View Post
She is 30, divorced with two kids. I am over 40, single, no kids.

We've only been on three dates but we both became very smitten pretty fast. After the second date she was texting me/contacting me every day.

On the third date there was alchohol involved and SHE asked to come over to my place. I initally said that was not a good idea. But she kept pushing me so I took her to my place. Sex was NOT in my plans as I didn't even have any condoms at home.

She proceeded to kiss me and pretty soon our clothes came off. Suffice it to say we did NOT have sex but she pretty clearly wanted to.

So why do I want to break it off with this otherwise sweet girl? I know this sounds (or is) shallow but I could not get into her once I saw her with her clothes off. Not to brag but I stay in very good shape and I like a hard (or harder) body. I can see that having kids will really take a toll on a woman's body.

Don't get me wrong, this gal looks great in a tight skirt and she is cute as a button. But even she said she'd like to get a tummy tuck if she could afford one.

The tragic part is shortly after our "sleeping" together episode without having sex she said, "I am afraid to get hurt again and after that night when we were naked togethter I thought I am not beautiful. He is going to change his mind about me."

I feel really bad. Of course, we've all been rejected so I've been there too. I just want to do it in a way that is nice and respectful. But also not too obvious.

Thanks for any input.....the fourth date is supposed to be this weekend.
So basically, you are not physically attracted to her. Do you think you can overcome this? If you cannot, break up with her now. She'll survive.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:39 AM

20,777 posts, read 20,071,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Buddy, women are ten times more picky then anything you describe in your post! They dump men over every single conceivable issue. Height, status, money, small penis, not enough hair, eye color, a crooked tooth,........you name it!

In a sense women mislead and then judge and over react harshly when then truth is revealed. You said she looked great in clothing, makeup etc....Women put on layers of makeup, use pushup bras, wear heals, do unbelievable things to their hair, eyes, skin, etc, etc......all designed to attract men, then reality sets in when they're naked. WHAT DO THEY EXPECT MAN?

This why I date women who are secure with themselves. (funny how they always dish that out at us) and can dress casual, not wear makeup (or so much) wear flat bottom shoes and don't need their boobs pushed up to their throat with a fake bra. Natural looking genuine beauties is where it's at!

Don't feel bad for judging and having a preference!

I so agree. Women can be pretty misleading through make up and clothes and little tricks here and there. It isn't bad that they (we) do that - but if you take it all off and the guy doesn't like what he sees - he shouldn't be blamed for walking off.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,116,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
If the OP thinks he's going to be bedding fit women for the rest of his life, then when he takes over the Playboy Mansion as Hefner's successor, I really hope he invites us for a sleep-over...

If he is fit himself, is there anything wrong with expecting that?

Now, if there is a double standard, that is delusional.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:24 AM

5,325 posts, read 6,118,168 times
While it sucks to be harshly judged by the majority of the opposite sex for something you have no control over thats how short guys feel but for some reason only mens physical preferences are awful and shallow

Old 11-22-2013, 10:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,116,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
While it sucks to be harshly judged by the majority of the opposite sex for something you have no control over thats how short guys feel but for some reason only mens physical preferences are awful and shallow

How is it something they have no control over though? They have complete control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships