Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 04:04 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,054,766 times

Advertisements

When I meet a guy, I know within 2 dates what he thinks about children.

There is ALWAYS an occasion where it comes up, where you can casually ask, without seeming too personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,597,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Just wondering. The chances of randomly meeting another childfree person in a normal social setting seem low.
Kind of like gaydar.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:18 PM

537 posts, read 1,248,126 times
I met my boyfriend online. We were online friends for about a year and knew that we didn't want children. It was definitely luck on my part.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:33 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,045,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Kind of like gaydar.
Well,actually - yeah

I did the dating thing, which lead to awkward conversation, which usually lead to me having to defend myself or hearing the guy express shock that there are women who *gasp!* "actually don't want kids?!" Every person I dated, eventually the conversation got around to kids, which lead to me not seeing the guy again.

After throwing my hands up and saying "oh f* it. I give up" I started hanging out with a guy from work. Took a couple of months to realize "hey, we're dating, aren't we?" another 6 months to realize "wow, I think I want to spend my life with you," THEN the kid conversation arose. In all the years knowing one another at work, then socializing, then dating, then becoming committed, we never discussed kids. Weird. I brought it up, after the rings were purchased and mutual family meetings adjourned

Me: "umm, there's one thing I think we need to talk about."
Future Spouse: "kids? you want 'em?"
Me: "no."
Future Spouse: "yeah, I didn't think so. I don't want 'em either. Hey, where do you want to go on our honeymoon?"

That was in 1985. Still together; the kid thing never came up again.

I think CF people do often simply "get" that another person is CF without there having to be a long conversation about it. We simply know.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:51 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,390,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Bottom line: online dating.
This^

Old 12-03-2013, 12:53 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,017,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
I think CF people do often simply "get" that another person is CF without there having to be a long conversation about it. We simply know.
Yes. And your story is beautiful .

Old 12-03-2013, 02:55 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,238,867 times
Start dating older men. If they have children they are usually grown and they aren't looking for another. I met one at a do it yourself carwash

Old 12-06-2013, 12:51 AM

2,758 posts, read 5,305,174 times
We met at a campground/bar/fireworks show on July 4th in a tiny Alaskan town basically in the middle of nowhere. Neither of us were from that town, we just happened to wind up standing next to each other, and wound up on a 4-wheeler ride up a mountain at 1am. We were Facebook friends for about 9 months, then met up again and hit it off, and I moved across the continent to his town. I don't remember when any sort of kids conversation came up, but we're on the same page. I think he could be convinced to have kids with the right woman, but I'm set against it and he's good with that. Though most of my friends do have kids, I know quite a few in their late-20s and older who aren't interested in makin' babies. They seem to find each other without much trouble. I think if your lifestyle, interests, worldview, or whatever isn't compatible with having kids you're likely to be drawn to similar people.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:31 PM

432 posts, read 492,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Bottom line: online dating.
If only it wasn't the most worthless method of meeting women.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:08 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,612,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
If only it wasn't the most worthless method of meeting women.
I'm curious-- what do you consider to be the best methods of meeting women to date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships