Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:40 PM

432 posts, read 492,978 times

Advertisements

You know what, I've given up on finding a childfree woman. The ones on OK Cupid and POF are all "too good" to reply to a guy like me (who ain't half bad, if I do say so), and I haven't the foggiest where else to filter for them.

Having no love life sucks so f___ it, I'm just looking for casual relationships, friends with benefits, or short term stuff. IMO, it's a waste even trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:58 PM

701 posts, read 1,099,838 times
Meetup.com. And it wasn't a childfree specific group.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:28 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,435,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Just wondering. The chances of randomly meeting another childfree person in a normal social setting seem low.
I have no idea. Through friends of friends? Or family friends? Or family? No clue. Since, most my relationships are usually from those relations.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:19 PM

24 posts, read 21,146 times
I have been online dating over 5 years and have yet to meet ONE truly CF woman within 100 miles.... I did meet one a little further away but she was eager to move out west and live the RV park lifestyle.... not my thing. I'm in southeast Alabama close to FL where it just seems impossible. I'm also looking for a non-smoker and preferably non-religious type too. I do find them on sites like OKCupid and POF, but can never get a reply back from any of them. I've been using craigslist lately... posting ads seeking a child-free non-smoker in every city within 150 miles. It's starting to work. I do get replies every day or two now. I use CF facebook groups too, but no one is in my area on any of them. Don't really have any other alternatives to find one.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:07 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,858,208 times
I put on my profile that I don't want kids.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:38 PM

474 posts, read 385,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I put on my profile that I don't want kids.
And that worked?

All I ever got was single moms and old ladies looking at my profile.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:40 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,124,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, rural anywhere stinks for dating. I had lots of success in Madison too, but that was in my 20s, it would be harder now.

I too, when I did OLD, received similar messages on my profile (I'm quite blunt about not being a foodie, not drinking wine, not interested in hosting dinner parties, and not being "laid back" which are two things that the vast majority of people want in a partner it seems.)
I always found rural was great for dating, just lousy for relationships.
especially those towns with zero population growth(because every time a baby is born a man leaves town).

Oh and the women seeking foodie, wine drinking, dinner party throwing types, is a materialistic woman's way to gauge wealth and social status.
Those aren't cheap hobbies.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:04 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,124,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
You know what, I've given up on finding a childfree woman. The ones on OK Cupid and POF are all "too good" to reply to a guy like me (who ain't half bad, if I do say so), and I haven't the foggiest where else to filter for them.

Having no love life sucks so f___ it, I'm just looking for casual relationships, friends with benefits, or short term stuff. IMO, it's a waste even trying.
As much as it pains me I am starting to think that's the way to go. I know a guy through DCU-Online who lives in my city who was looking for love, and like most of us went from one crappy relationship to another
after his last one he went through his 2 months moping in his bathrobe stage, then he said screw it, now he spends his days playing Xbox and PS4, and for sex he uses tinder and Craigslist intimate encounters.

Like me he would rather be in a loving relationship, but with all the women out there aren't looking for that, they want a corporate merger/business partnership.

So ya, you and him may have the right idea.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:20 PM

474 posts, read 385,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
, then he said screw it, now he spends his days playing Xbox and PS4, and for sex he uses tinder and Craigslist intimate encounters.
I sometimes think I'll end up here too.

Unfortunately, I'm too ugly for Tinder, apparently.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:21 PM

102,325 posts, read 108,528,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkw1957 View Post
I have been online dating over 5 years and have yet to meet ONE truly CF woman within 100 miles.... I did meet one a little further away but she was eager to move out west and live the RV park lifestyle.... not my thing. I'm in southeast Alabama close to FL where it just seems impossible. I'm also looking for a non-smoker and preferably non-religious type too. I do find them on sites like OKCupid and POF, but can never get a reply back from any of them. I've been using craigslist lately... posting ads seeking a child-free non-smoker in every city within 150 miles. It's starting to work. I do get replies every day or two now. I use CF facebook groups too, but no one is in my area on any of them. Don't really have any other alternatives to find one.
Move to the West Coast, or the Northeast. Bonanza!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships