Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 05:28 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,334,690 times

Advertisements

p.s. When us wimmins start talking about our hair looking "dead" or "blah" or "dull"?

Get ready for new hair color.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,694,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
p.s. When us wimmins start talking about our hair looking "dead" or "blah" or "dull"?

Get ready for new hair color.

lol or SOMEthing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 09:29 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,985,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
So for some reason my GF (of almost 5 years) decided to get highlights and lowlights in her hair. She said her hair had no life, so fine get a cut and blow dry. Her mother told her to do all these different things. I told her, and she knows I don't like light color hair and she knows I absolutely LOVE the way her hair is naturally. It's perfect! She comes in today with these highlights of a dark blonde I guess you can say. She even said it was more than she wanted but over a text she said "she thinks she likes it." Anyway, I'm not a fan of it. And it was very clear with my reaction. It's not like she looks awful or anything but I just don't understand why in the world she wanted to change the colors in her hair when she knew I thought it was PERFECT.

So now she's upset at me that I didnt say I liked it. What in the world am I suppose to do? Lie say I like it and have her continue to do this when I really don't like it at all. Her hair was perfect and now, it's just different with the colors. It's obvious I'm not a fan of it.

I'm hoping everyone else doesn't lie to her too/ or genuinely think it looks good. She's such a great looking girl, she did not need to change a thing!

What would you do? I'm telling her it doesn't look bad but I love the way her hair is naturally. Is that all I can do. I have no idea how long these things last.

I don't get women. They want me to love the way they are but when they change something I need to love that change?

Just read the highlights and lowlights last three months. Not so bad. Just don't want to lie to her to have her get it again.
Do you love HER or her HAIR?

Your call Bro.

Wait till her hair turns gray. Then what?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:07 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,490,638 times
Quote:
What in the world am I suppose to do? Lie say I like it and have her continue to do this when I really don't like it at all.
^^^^This. It's her hair. This is not a battle worth fighting.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,706,631 times
....but but wimminz don't like liars. that's what i thought?

Old 12-09-2013, 04:02 PM

5,206 posts, read 4,685,915 times
So you're overburdened by the need to be truthful and can't figure out how to act diplomatically? Like you said, ultimately what color her hair is is so unimportant. Just improve your skills at being diplomatic. If you ever find yourself coming to the conclusion that somehow you are just a very honest guy and can't behave otherwise without upsetting your girlfriend for minor issues like this, you are doing it wrong.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,244,843 times
Quote:
So for some reason my GF (of almost 5 years) decided to get highlights and lowlights in her hair. She said her hair had no life, so fine get a cut and blow dry. Her mother told her to do all these different things. I told her, and she knows I don't like light color hair and she knows I absolutely LOVE the way her hair is naturally. It's perfect! She comes in today with these highlights of a dark blonde I guess you can say. She even said it was more than she wanted but over a text she said "she thinks she likes it." Anyway, I'm not a fan of it. And it was very clear with my reaction. It's not like she looks awful or anything but I just don't understand why in the world she wanted to change the colors in her hair when she knew I thought it was PERFECT.

So now she's upset at me that I didnt say I liked it. What in the world am I suppose to do? Lie say I like it and have her continue to do this when I really don't like it at all. Her hair was perfect and now, it's just different with the colors. It's obvious I'm not a fan of it.

I'm hoping everyone else doesn't lie to her too/ or genuinely think it looks good. She's such a great looking girl, she did not need to change a thing!

What would you do? I'm telling her it doesn't look bad but I love the way her hair is naturally. Is that all I can do. I have no idea how long these things last.

I don't get women. They want me to love the way they are but when they change something I need to love that change?

Just read the highlights and lowlights last three months. Not so bad. Just don't want to lie to her to have her get it again.
Okay. I don't care if she shaved her head completely. I don't care if she dyed it green. I don't care if she has taken to wearing a feather in it.

When a woman returns from her hairstylist and asks, "Well, what do you think?" You simply say, "You look great." Leave the honest critiques to her girlfriends, unless you like sleeping on the sofa.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:51 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,891,531 times
FlyMIA...ask her what she did with that rock. When she says "what rock"...tell her the rock she combed her hair with! If that doesn't put a smile on her face nothing will!

Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,854,270 times
Quote:

I would dump her! Of course.

You deserve the absolute best and if a physical feature of somebody you are dating turns you off, move on to somebody better.

Nobody should have to date someone they are not attracted to!

Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,985,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
FlyMIA...ask her what she did with that rock. When she says "what rock"...tell her the rock she combed her hair with! If that doesn't put a smile on her face nothing will!

Oh! Oh!

And...

"Your hair is so nappy even Moses couldn't part it!"

Hee Hee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships