Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 08:43 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,455,376 times

Advertisements

Saying anything other than "I like it, it makes you even more beautiful and it makes me proud to be your fella" means that you are either an idiot, or looking for a new GF.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 PM

11,173 posts, read 8,028,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Saying anything other than "I like it, it makes you even more beautiful and it makes me proud to be your fella" means that you are either an idiot, or looking for a new GF.

El Nox
I am bettin he'd be in big trouble if she ever asked the " Do these pants make my butt look big" question.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:56 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. I don't care if she shaved her head completely. I don't care if she dyed it green. I don't care if she has taken to wearing a feather in it.

When a woman returns from her hairstylist and asks, "Well, what do you think?" You simply say, "You look great." Leave the honest critiques to her girlfriends, unless you like sleeping on the sofa.
I know this is an old post from 2013 and I could have said the same to many, but cpg is usually on point Except here. Are you kidding me? I will do no such thing.

This is tantamount to not telling someone they suck at singing only to let them go out in public and disgrace themselves. I will tactfully tell my wife it's not her best look, By Far. And thankfully she will do the same with relative ease.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickslane View Post
Yeah i made the mistake of calling blonde highlights orange. Big mistake! Now im in the doghouse. And shes upset at me.
I don't understand the bickering over something so silly. If you like it then why bother asking for our opinion. Especially, when you don't want the truth. She needs to grow up.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:

El Nox
LOL Actually the opposite is true. Saying something other than the truth makes you an idiot. Why will I lie to my Mrs? I don't like this particular hairstyle love. What is so scary about being honest with your spouse? The rubbish some of you accept is sad.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
LOL Actually the opposite is true. Saying something other than the truth makes you an idiot. Why will I lie to my Mrs? I don't like this particular hairstyle love. What is so scary about being honest with your spouse? The rubbish some of you accept is sad.
You sir are lucky. Some of us have paid the price for honesty once and have no need for remedial training. It's just like the guy whose wife tells him he's the boss. Yeah right ... the sofa and porridge get old really quick. I say again, YOU SIR ARE LUCKY.

El Nox

Old 04-28-2016, 02:14 AM

Quote:
You sir are lucky. Some of us have paid the price for honesty once and have no need for remedial training. It's just like the guy whose wife tells him he's the boss. Yeah right ... the sofa and porridge get old really quick. I say again, YOU SIR ARE LUCKY.

El Nox
Lol, just as we teach our daughters to stand up for themselves and not put up with losers or accept mediocrity, we should also teach our sons their self worth. My parents certainly did. Why will I be sent to the couch like a dog? For what? Telling my wife I'm not a fan of the new hairstyle she's spotting? may be its luck or may be it has to do with the fact that I understand boundaries. I set the tone for how people treat me. I wouldn't do anything to others that I can't handle myself.

We are talking about our significant other here. I cherish my wife because she's the one I chose to be my life partner. If I can't be candid with her over something as trivial as hair color or clothing she's wearing, especially when my opinion is being sort after, then clearly I have not chosen wisely. Btw she does the same to me, and I really appreciate it.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:27 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,370,934 times
Quote:
I know this is an old post from 2013 and I could have said the same to many, but cpg is usually on point Except here. Are you kidding me? I will do no such thing.

This is tantamount to not telling someone they suck at singing only to let them go out in public and disgrace themselves. I will tactfully tell my wife it's not her best look, By Far. And thankfully she will do the same with relative ease.
Letting someone know they cannot carry a tune to spare them from possible humiliation when they try to audition for American Idol is NOT in the same league as telling someone you don't like their hair color. The OP's (yes, this thread is old) GF (who probably is either his wife now or long done dating him) just got a few blonde highlights.

Nobody is going to suffer public humiliation over blonde highlights.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Lol, just as we teach our daughters to stand up for themselves and not put up with losers or accept mediocrity, we should also teach our sons their self worth. My parents certainly did. Why will I be sent to the couch like a dog? For what? Telling my wife I'm not a fan of the new hairstyle she's spotting? may be its luck or may be it has to do with the fact that I understand boundaries. I set the tone for how people treat me. I wouldn't do anything to others that I can't handle myself.

We are talking about our significant other here. I cherish my wife because she's the one I chose to be my life partner. If I can't be candid with her over something as trivial as hair color or clothing she's wearing, especially when my opinion is being sort after, then clearly I have not chosen wisely. Btw she does the same to me, and I really appreciate it.
I say again, YOU SIR ARE LUCKY.

El Nox

Old 04-28-2016, 05:48 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,964,235 times
Continue to tell her the honest truth. If you have a relationship that lasts, then she'll know you'll always tell her the truth. BTW, I'd keep an eye on her. It could be she's just bored with her hair and wants a change. Or it could be she fancies someone else and is trying to get his attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships