Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 05:15 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I don't get women. They want me to love the way they are but when they change something I need to love that change?
That would be a yes. A lot of them like a different look now and then with the color and the cut and the nails, etc. She's probably mostly doing it for herself, but she wants to look hot for you too...so roll with it and appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 05:44 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You say - and realize - that it's her hair and she can do anything she wants to it. Because it's her hair and she can do anything she wants to it.
Best answer!

You sound like a prince.

Make sure you ask her if she liked you better when you had more hair before the bald thing, and before your beard started to go grey.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:10 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
I don't get women. They want me to love the way they are but when they change something I need to love that change?
No, but you can be diplomatic and accept it.

Women are constantly exposed to changing styles. I noticed that this year the "bob" is in. Young women who once had flowing hair have whacked it off -- see Jennifer Lawrence. To remain fashionable (those that care for such things) women have to practically throw out their entire closet each season.

Your girlfriend has probably seen this new style and thought "hmm, I wonder how that would look on me?" She may be bored with her current style, no matter that you prefer it. She may be rebelling against your inferred attitude that she should only be draped in a fashion that you like.

It is a natural characteristic for most woman to want to change their style. Sometimes the change is good, sometimes it's a disaster. Soon enough, women reach an age when about the only thing they do with their hair is perm it into a puffball and get blue rinses every six weeks

If your GF notices that not only you, but other folks, don't compliment the new style, it's likely she will change it. But you have to be prepared to face the fact that she may not go back to her old style but will try something else.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:27 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Well, I'd say she needs to get over the fact that you don't like it. If she likes it, she doesn't need approval from others. I can't even understand why she is upset over this.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:31 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
If your biggest problem is that your girlfriend changed her hair, you live a pretty charmed life.

Most women like to change their "look" from time to time, in my experience. If you want someone who looks the same forever, date a blow-up doll.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:39 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Id say "it looks hot, huny"

hey man, you got stoke your woman's ego every so often; keeps you from posting your frustrations on an online forum.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:44 AM

818 posts, read 916,916 times
You could say ,How much do you charge ? or where is your pimp ? THEN she can be mad

My old "go to" was this - it looks great ! then a few days later I would say , you know what ? I think I like your old style better

Old 12-07-2013, 09:15 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
People and their looks, including their natural hair color, change over the course of her life anyway.

You are entitled to your preference, but really, this should be very quick and easy to move on from. In what will seem a very short period of time, her hair will grow, change, get cut, maybe colored differently again... this is not a life sentance of blond highlights.

The beauty of it is that she is still the same person you presumably love regardless of her current hair style.

You do not have to tell her you like it. Just tell her you prefer her natural color on her, that you love her anyway... and move on.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:19 AM

706 posts, read 1,204,980 times
Quote:
So for some reason my GF (of almost 5 years) decided to get highlights and lowlights in her hair. She said her hair had no life, so fine get a cut and blow dry. Her mother told her to do all these different things. I told her, and she knows I don't like light color hair and she knows I absolutely LOVE the way her hair is naturally. It's perfect! She comes in today with these highlights of a dark blonde I guess you can say. She even said it was more than she wanted but over a text she said "she thinks she likes it." Anyway, I'm not a fan of it. And it was very clear with my reaction. It's not like she looks awful or anything but I just don't understand why in the world she wanted to change the colors in her hair when she knew I thought it was PERFECT.

So now she's upset at me that I didnt say I liked it. What in the world am I suppose to do? Lie say I like it and have her continue to do this when I really don't like it at all. Her hair was perfect and now, it's just different with the colors. It's obvious I'm not a fan of it.

I'm hoping everyone else doesn't lie to her too/ or genuinely think it looks good. She's such a great looking girl, she did not need to change a thing!

What would you do? I'm telling her it doesn't look bad but I love the way her hair is naturally. Is that all I can do. I have no idea how long these things last.

Just read the highlights and lowlights last three months. Not so bad. Just don't want to lie to her to have her get it again.
It's a good thing it's not on your head then. I'm kind of along the lines of who cares, as long she likes it that's all that's important. If she wanted to get a supper short cut, it's her hair.

How about "what ever makes you happy makes me happy"

Old 12-07-2013, 01:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Just lie and say it looks fine. I see women many times color their hair and I think it looks like azz. But it's a phase, soon they will change it then when it actually looks good I will make a big fuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships