Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 06:47 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,165,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffy2shoes View Post
An acquaintance I know from HS is coming home for Christmas and I'm 99% sure she wants to have sex. I live with my parents and I really don't want to try anything there. I'm thinking about a dinner date and then heading to a hotel to drink some wine.

How do I bring it up to her? I'm very socially awkward and I don't want to blow it.

"let's go drink some wine" or something along the lines of that..? the less I say the better, right?

I don't want to make her feel like a smelly pirate hooker, but at the same time I want to make it clear that I'm down for fun.
Take her to one of those hourly motel rooms, she'll get the hint real quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 11:12 AM

154 posts, read 215,953 times
Someday you'll look back on this and it will all seem funny.

Get a room in a decent place, and comment on the boob photo.

Have a nice time.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:27 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,566,446 times
I assume you'll be talking to her again. If she takes the conversation towards wanting you, throw in how you'll be ready with the hotel key in hand. See what her reaction is to that. If the conversation doesn't go that way, just be prepared for it with a hotel lined up and condoms available. I don't know how much privacy your parents give you, but she may be happy with your bedroom or your car for that matter.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffy2shoes View Post
An acquaintance I know from HS is coming home for Christmas and I'm 99% sure she wants to have sex. I live with my parents and I really don't want to try anything there. I'm thinking about a dinner date and then heading to a hotel to drink some wine.

How do I bring it up to her? I'm very socially awkward and I don't want to blow it.

"let's go drink some wine" or something along the lines of that..? the less I say the better, right?

I don't want to make her feel like a smelly pirate hooker, but at the same time I want to make it clear that I'm down for fun.
Make a date somewhere that is 1+ hours from your house (a concert? quaint tourist town?). Then suggest you could get a hotel room together, so you don't have to drive home late - she will get the drift. Guys have been taking girls "away for the weekend" for millions of years...

Old 12-18-2013, 02:21 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,994,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
In the old days, men were motivated to move out of their parents' house so they could have wild private sex in their own homes. Guess guys are not into sex as much as they were a decade or so ago?
That was part of my motivation for moving outta Mama's house in 2003.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:59 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,515,635 times
Smelly pirate hooker? Funny stuff. Anyway, on a more serious note... I think there are 4 options, 1. Rent a room for the night and cross your fingers knowing you may lose that money. 2. Rent the room and bring up at the beginning of the date that you rented a hotel room for the evening so you and her could have some quiet time alone, as opposed to a noisy restaurant, to drink some wine and have some food. 3. Before she even leaves to come visit contact her and tell her you are considering renting a hotel room but do not want to offend her, and see what she says. 4. Treat your parents to a nice dinner and movie out together on you (in other words get them out of the house).

Old 12-18-2013, 09:33 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,446,893 times
Just don't get her pregnant! the world isn't ready for puffy2shoesJnr yet!

Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,272,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
In the ancient days, people just did it in the car.
In the ancient days, cars had big, long, bench seats.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:21 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,446,893 times
ancient days? still action to be had in vehicles

Old 12-18-2013, 11:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,694,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
In the old days, men were motivated to move out of their parents' house so they could have wild private sex in their own homes. Guess guys are not into sex as much as they were a decade or so ago?
They're not. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships