Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:08 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
If he's looking for something and I have it in my purse I'll tell him to just go in and look for it. Most of the time he brings the purse to me so I can find it. LOL
Mine does the same thing. I find it amusing. I can tell him "you can just go in and get it" and I can even tell him "It's in the zipper pocket inside" and he'll STILL bring my purse to me.

I think he's afraid he'll get sucked into the bag, never to be seen again. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 09:11 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Mine does the same thing. I find it amusing. I can tell him "you can just go in and get it" and I can even tell him "It's in the zipper pocket inside" and he'll STILL bring my purse to me.

I think he's afraid he'll get sucked into the bag, never to be seen again. LOL
Same here! The scariest thing I have in there is a few tampons. LOL

Old 01-30-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Same here! The scariest thing I have in there is a few tampons. LOL
LOL...yup. And even those are in their own little case!

His backpack is a DISASTER though. OMG I had to get a flashdrive out of his bag and I thought I would find a dead body in it. Seriously.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LOL...yup. And even those are in their own little case!

His backpack is a DISASTER though. OMG I had to get a flashdrive out of his bag and I thought I would find a dead body in it. Seriously.
I'm not that organized.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I'm not that organized.
LOL
I change my bags out very frequently and I never carry a purse to work so I need everything in my purse to be portable. I just pluck everything out, put it in my work bag and then at the end of the day, toss everything back into my purse if I'm going out.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:46 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
^^ jumping on the derail bus a little too

wry's sister and her sister's husband reading each other's emails is a ****ed up way of resolving their insecurities. Wry is right, there is a certain amount of privacy expected. What if her sister secretly recorded every conversation and played it back for her insecure prick of a husband? Is that OK? I just can't imagine that husband continuing to read those emails knowing full well it had nothing to do with what was purported to be the problem between that couple. If I were in wry's shoes, related or not, that would be the last I would speak to either. I have no need for people that I can't trust.
Couples who share email, facebook accts etc are not "insecure"

Clearly some of you just have no idea how some people in solid, strong marriages do things.

If the relationships you have with those you truly love are so disposable I feel really sorry for you.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:54 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
i dont care, that said my wife never would do any of those things

Old 01-30-2014, 10:55 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Clearly some of you just have no idea how some people in solid, strong marriages do things.

If the relationships you have with those you truly love are so disposable I feel really sorry for you.
This isn't about a couple that share an email address. It is about a couple that is insecure about their infidelity and to resolve that, they read each other personal emails. Even to the point when the reader knows the content has nothing to do with infidelity. That does not make for a "secure" relationship. That makes for a "trust but verify" relationship. No thanks.

I don't consider someone related to have special privileges. Perhaps that is where we differ most.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

They may or may not be insecure. Personally, I find that type of thing annoying. It comes across as needy to me, like they can't even be separate enough to have their own account. To each their own, though. Maybe I just value my individuality more than others. I was my own person before I got married, and now I'm my own person who is a contributor to a pretty great partnership.

As for family relationships, blood is not always thicker than water. Sometimes those relationships do end up being disposable and it's better to recognize that than try to force something that shouldn't be forced.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
They may or may not be insecure. Personally, I find that type of thing annoying. It comes across as needy to me, like they can't even be separate enough to have their own account. To each their own, though. Maybe I just value my individuality more than others. I was my own person before I got married, and now I'm my own person who is a contributor to a pretty great partnership.

As for family relationships, blood is not always thicker than water. Sometimes those relationships do end up being disposable and it's better to recognize that than try to force something that shouldn't be forced.
Perhaps my perspective is colored by the way I use e-mail. There is absolutely no sensitive, personal information in my e-mail box. It's a repository for community, corporate, and scholastic newsletters, notifications, appointment reminders, etc.

Occasionally, we also receive e-mails from friends and acquaintances, but they're all aware that it is a family account, and it almost always revolves around, "Hey, you guys wanna come over and watch the Super Bowl? Bring guacamole!"

I don't believe our approach is an indication of insecurity, but a reflection of the open and casual environment of our home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships