Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 05:36 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,437,330 times

Advertisements

^^ Are you a lawyer or something? I've been thinking all day that you should write the fine print in commercials. lol

Old 02-02-2014, 05:39 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
^^ Are you a lawyer or something? I've been thinking all day that you should write the fine print in commercials. lol
Nope I'm just quite lacking on the emotional side (some say frightening lack of compassion, empathy, and sympathy) and more into logic and rationality. LMFAO though I have been sought advice on logistic/legal fine print.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:43 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Nope I'm just quite lacking on the emotional side (some say frightening lack of compassion, empathy, and sympathy) and more into logic and rationality. LMFAO though I have been sought advice on logistic/legal fine print.

Well, at least you have some level of self-awareness. That's always a good thing.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Hilarious lol

Old 02-02-2014, 06:01 PM

37 posts, read 42,780 times
Quote:
I don't do 'ok' or 'not ok' unless it pertains to harming children/animals and I tend to logically default to legality. This isn't harming children/animals and isn't against the law so I'm cool with it.

Meh I don't see how whether I want others to make choices for me has no relevance here as I generally don't get emotional or project my desires into logistics so this seeming ploy on my emotions won't have work. Though so you don't think I'm evading I don't want others to make choices for me though I don't go it's 'not ok' when they do rather I react how I want to when they've made a choice for me such as when guys approach me choosing to not let me have my choice of space.
You are starting to get really out there in your points now.

As you only do 'OK' or 'not OK' with children or animals, do you believe it is then OK to do adults, as long as its legal wherever you happen to be?

Do you know what logistics means?

I'm not trying to appeal to your emotions. Where you got that from I have no idea. It's completely logical to realize that no adult wants decisions made for them, and that anyone wanting to use logic to solve a problem needs to know all the facts about the issue. Otherwise, how can they come to a logical conclusion?.

When a guy is approaching you he is giving you an option on whether to take him up on his offer or not. There are no misconceptions here, you know what your choices are, how is that comparable to situation in which a person has to make a choice based on incomplete or false information.

I do agree with you in a way though, we are all responsible for our own lives, and our own happiness. The fact that he took her back after she basically broke up with him for something that he knew he didn't do should have been a gigantic red flag to him. In the end both he and she will learn from it, or won't.

C'est la vie.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:01 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,759 times
I still think that if she feels "justified" because they were taking a break, she should tell him. You can't act like it was OK because of the circumstances and then not tell your SO. The two don't jive. Whether he forgives (or even cares) is a moot point. She feels guilty because she knows she was wrong.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:03 PM

My money says her friend with the big mouth and the bad information ratted her out already anyhow.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:27 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,166,714 times
Truth be told, most men have a away of sensing these things. Well smart ones anyways.

Her over compensating is always the dead give away, classic guilt complex.

Like most girls (the ops maturity level is clearly not that of a woman) she sees her guy as an accessory.

How can he be the one for you, when he does not even know the whole picture? Beyond selfish.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:23 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign1 View Post
You are starting to get really out there in your points now.

As you only do 'OK' or 'not OK' with children or animals, do you believe it is then OK to do adults, as long as its legal wherever you happen to be?

Do you know what logistics means?

I'm not trying to appeal to your emotions. Where you got that from I have no idea. It's completely logical to realize that no adult wants decisions made for them, and that anyone wanting to use logic to solve a problem needs to know all the facts about the issue. Otherwise, how can they come to a logical conclusion?.

When a guy is approaching you he is giving you an option on whether to take him up on his offer or not. There are no misconceptions here, you know what your choices are, how is that comparable to situation in which a person has to make a choice based on incomplete or false information.

I do agree with you in a way though, we are all responsible for our own lives, and our own happiness. The fact that he took her back after she basically broke up with him for something that he knew he didn't do should have been a gigantic red flag to him. In the end both he and she will learn from it, or won't.

C'est la vie.
I already stated I don't do 'ok' or 'not ok' so asking me do I believe it is then ok to do to adults suggests a lacking reading comprehension. My attitude is either indifference of as I stated cool with it as long as it doesn't harm children/animals and is legal I don't apply judgement of bad/good, right/wrong, ok/not okay.

I'm using what seems to be the second common definition meaning the process of planning, implementing, and controlling the effective and efficient of an operation. The operation I'm implying in my decision making process and thinking.

I got that you may have been trying to appeal to my emotions with the ''Do you want others making choices for you question'. I thought I was quite clear on that when I stated "whether I want others to make choices for me has no relevance.... so this seeming ploy on my emotions won't have work".

The misconception seems to be you overlooking that actually when a guy is approaching me he's taking away my choice to not be approached and taking away that choice and deciding for me is the comparison I was making.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:57 PM

37 posts, read 42,780 times
Quote:
I already stated I don't do 'ok' or 'not ok' so asking me do I believe it is then ok to do to adults suggests a lacking reading comprehension. My attitude is either indifference of as I stated cool with it as long as it doesn't harm children/animals and is legal I don't apply judgement of bad/good, right/wrong, ok/not okay.

I'm using what seems to be the second common definition meaning the process of planning, implementing, and controlling the effective and efficient of an operation. The operation I'm implying in my decision making process and thinking.

I got that you may have been trying to appeal to my emotions with the ''Do you want others making choices for you question'. I thought I was quite clear on that when I stated "whether I want others to make choices for me has no relevance.... so this seeming ploy on my emotions won't have work".

The misconception seems to be you overlooking that actually when a guy is approaching me he's taking away my choice to not be approached and taking away that choice and deciding for me is the comparison I was making.
The reason I asked was for clarification, not because of any issues with reading comprehension.

If you truly believe that its alright to do whatever you want to others as long as its within the bounds of the law, no matter how vile, then we have nothing further to discuss, because I don't have that belief and nor will, and you clearly will never believe that treating people with respect regardless of the law makes a difference one way or another.

Also a choice is a decision. Not wanting to be approached by people is not a choice, its a desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships