Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 12:14 PM

14,255 posts, read 14,777,637 times

Advertisements

At my age she can take me as is or do not bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2022, 02:11 PM

1,702 posts, read 786,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Yo bro, do you not want to be increasingly attractive to your own wife! Maybe rethink that!
A person who’s been married since 1972 (50 years) , like the person you quoted, is likely well into their 70s possibly 80s. Outside of personal hygiene and like light exercise if they’re even able to do it, not too much an elderly “bro” or “sis” can do. Maybe consider that

Old 12-19-2022, 02:49 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,133,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I agree re: fitness although there’s a difference between working out for health vs. (those who want) chiseled abs. That said, how we dress and groom ourselves has much more to do with attraction (or a professional standard, for that matter) than it does about ‘feeling better’. We can feel just as good sans shaving/showering while in the wilderness for three days, but we wouldn’t go on a date in such a state.:-)

This amounts to insecurity (the same as spending too much time trying to be attractive to women, per the thread) i.e. why are you worried about who ‘looks down on you’?
I dress professionally because of work.

For being looked down on if I didn’t have the job that I have:

People are competitive, generally. If I had a low-level job, then it would limit my dating prospects. It would also limit the pool of people that I could be friends with, and relatives would also give me grief. There’s no insecurity in that; it’s just a desire to avoid limitations and uncomfortable situations.

Old 12-19-2022, 05:45 PM

8,714 posts, read 3,896,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
I dress professionally because of work.
As do many of us - in the same way we dress well/attractively for women/dating.

Quote:
For being looked down on if I didn’t have the job that I have:

People are competitive, generally.
Sure, people are competitive in sports or in our professional lives; but Renee/Afrique NY brought up this same point already. I don’t consider competition to be a part of healthy dating; it’s a simple matter of finding women who think similarly or complement us i.e. a genuine connection/mutual physical attraction.

That said, if women look down on you based in re: your job, why would you be interested in them? The answer is you wouldn’t, if you had self-respect and confidence enough to be yourself - rather than feel pressure to have any certain type of job or emulate someone else.

Quote:
There’s no insecurity in that; it’s just a desire to avoid limitations and uncomfortable situations.
If you experience ‘uncomfortable situations’ relative to how others perceive you, that’s the epitome of insecurity.

Old 12-20-2022, 03:27 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,133,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
As do many of us - in the same way we dress well/attractively for women/dating.

Sure, people are competitive in sports or in our professional lives; but Renee/Afrique NY brought up this same point already. I don’t consider competition to be a part of healthy dating; it’s a simple matter of finding women who think similarly or complement us i.e. a genuine connection/mutual physical attraction.

That said, if women look down on you based in re: your job, why would you be interested in them? The answer is you wouldn’t, if you had self-respect and confidence enough to be yourself - rather than feel pressure to have any certain type of job or emulate someone else.

If you experience ‘uncomfortable situations’ relative to how others perceive you, that’s the epitome of insecurity.
Nope. I disagree. But I’ll let you engage in this discussion with others.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:49 AM

2,047 posts, read 861,626 times
Without question due to the age of the Internet, social media inflating of the female ego and such, you have to be in that top 20% if you want any kind of consistent pooling regarding dating. This is not a bash on either sex it’s just the way the current environment is. It baffles me that men and women in their own rights are equally as attractive. An average looking man is an average looking man, just like a woman is. If you’re a six, you’re a six. Whether it be a man or a woman. The problem is the level 6 woman these says with NEVER even look at, much less notice the guy who is a 6. This is because the men who are eights, nines, or tens, in the top 20% are getting all the action. They’re going on multiple dates, they’re having multiple sex partners, they’re reaching out to more and more of these women. As a skewed result women have a very flawed perception of what their true market value is. I consider myself well into the top 20%. Even though I’m getting older now. So I don’t have a problem with this. But yes original poster I spend a large majority of my time, If not indirectly all of it related to being more attractive towards the female population. It’s how men are hardwired. It’s how we are supposed to be. That’s how we’ve always been. Basically everything we do in life is about the Nookie. That’s just brutal honesty. If you want dates in America today, you have to improve yourself to the best of your ability. Financially, your physique, your prowess, your ability to shag, all of it has to be spot on. Or your life will consist of a dark basement, a couple of gaming stations and a bag of Doritos.

Old 01-04-2023, 10:28 PM

8,714 posts, read 3,896,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
An average looking man is an average looking man, just like a woman is. If you’re a six, you’re a six. Whether it be a man or a woman. The problem is the level 6 woman these says with NEVER even look at, much less notice the guy who is a 6. This is because the men who are eights, nines, or tens, in the top 20% are getting all the action. They’re going on multiple dates, they’re having multiple sex partners, they’re reaching out to more and more of these women.
Hilarious. You’re (nonsensically) assuming a ‘level six’ woman won’t give a ‘level six’ man the time of day, presumably because she is too busy receiving attention from eights, nines, and tens. Why would an ‘eight, nine, or ten level’ man waste his time with a ‘six’ (or below), particularly one who is only looking for (and already receiving) ‘lots of action’ from other eights, nines, and tens - lol.

Old 01-05-2023, 07:00 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,124,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
For me, I'd say that most of my life is based around trying to be more attractive to women.

I want a good career because I want women to view me as smart and successful.

I want to break 4 minutes in the mile because it's an accomplishment that my future s.o. could brag about to her friends.

I sit in the sauna every day because it gives me good skin, which makes me more sexually attractive to women.

I wear nice clothes because they make me look better to women. Otherwise I would sweat pants every day, becuase they're far more comfortable.

if women didn't exist, I would be far less motivated in life. I'd be perfectly content if I made $45k/yr, since I don't have any expensive hobbies. The only reason I want to make 6 figures or more is because it would give me more dating options and thus ultimately lead to a happier life.

Zero. You either like me or not as who I am. I spent the earlier part of my life trying to be someone that I thought others (parents including) wanted me to be. It caused a lot of personal problems later in life. It also begs the question, how long are you going to keep this up? How long after you finally met someone and started a relationship? Finances is especially important. What happens after you marry this person who knows you as the 6 digit earner and the lifestyle it affords but decide it is time to downscale because you don't like it?

Basically a form of catfishing... it doesn't work in the long term.

If anything many of those things listed are actually very good for you personally. You should do them for yourself not for anyone else.

Old 01-05-2023, 06:38 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,764,634 times
Never take your foot off the gas fellas.

Old 01-06-2023, 02:34 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,109,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Never take your foot off the gas fellas.
Or, if you prefer to keep life simple, don’t get in the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships