Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2022, 03:15 PM

29,763 posts, read 34,474,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
But this OP, am I the only one who read his post to mean something along the lines of, "I go to all these great lengths for women, if only women did not exist I would be FREE! And I would so wear sweatpants!" Like first of all, what? And secondly, I hope that since then he's stumbled upon the "grey sweatpants" talk online and I wonder what he thinks of that. He's probably mad that women didn't tell him sooner that sweatpants can be attractive. He could have been wearing them all this time! Damn evil wimminz...
Oversized cargo shorts, on the other hand... If guys were so bent on impressing women these would not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 03:40 PM

20,420 posts, read 14,729,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oversized cargo shorts, on the other hand... If guys were so bent on impressing women these would not exist.
Now see, I actually LIKE those.

To the point where I have appropriated this fashion for myself. I picked up a couple of pair from the men's section at Target one day. They do look a bit strange, but damn I'm 43 and married, I don't have to impress anyone.

But being a woman, at the self checkout with those shorts, I wanted to shout out loud, "I am buying these for MYSELF! And NO ONE CAN STOP ME!! Look! LOOK!! Behold the pocket space! They say that this power is reserved for men, well, NOT TODAY!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!"

Felt like I was sowing social chaos like an unstoppable fashion villain. It was great. I wear them hiking.

Old 12-05-2022, 04:11 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,110,505 times
I would say the extra grooming/working out stuff I do is to eventually try to become attractive enough to women I’m actually attracted to.

I do think balance is the key but most of us so think about sex/women pretty often if we’re being honest

Old 12-05-2022, 04:25 PM

17,413 posts, read 22,168,513 times
OP disappeared in 2014. I'm thinking he needs more self confidence.

Go to any bar/restaurant in an affluent town, you will see beautiful women hanging on TROLLS! Why? Its the dollars.

I've got an older friend, yachts/jets/multiple homes and a wife that is a smoke show. If you saw him at the grocery store you wouldn't look twice, you would probably look away! She is 50's and has a body of a 30 year old.

Old 12-05-2022, 04:37 PM

8,739 posts, read 3,914,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I would say the extra grooming/working out stuff I do is to eventually try to become attractive enough to women I’m actually attracted to.

I do think balance is the key but most of us so think about sex/women pretty often if we’re being honest
I think there’s a difference between thinking about sex at appropriate times (seeing a girlfriend or significant other in the evenings or waking on a weekend morning) vs. thinking about it ‘all of the time’. It’s not as if women are completely innocent in the matter.

That said, I agree re: grooming/workouts; but again, women are just as likely to do that as well. Confidence in our appearance (and feeling physically healthy) has a positive effect on our professional lives and psychological health as well. It’s not all about women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
This instance occurred many years before I ever encountered the term, "misandrist"...it was a matter of a 19 year old boy 'splaining how the world worked (according to him lol) to my then 14 year old self.
Heh, fair enough; most everything a nineteen-year-old kid says (especially to a fourteen-year-old girl) is going to be nonsense.

That said, based on other posts in this forum, I assumed it was a woman (or a man who identifies as a female) who would come up with such gibberish to essentially (find yet another way to) bash men/masculinity, as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I’m done trying to make anyone see my value and if they can’t overcome the wrapper I come in, not my problem.
I think the point is to simply know one’s value (and character) rather than try to ‘make’ anyone see anything; it’s relative to men and women. No one can see that which is not developed; if it’s there, it will be seen sans forcing the issue.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:00 PM

32,151 posts, read 34,817,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Go to any bar/restaurant in an affluent town, you will see beautiful women hanging on TROLLS! Why? Its the dollars.
That's not what I see. I usually see beautiful women with men who have some above average combination of looks/height/build/charisma/social status.

Money is a bit overrated in attracting women. There's not much of a difference between a guy earning 80K and a guy earning 400K in terms of attractiveness to women, IMO, and the lesser earning guy can often beat out the richer guy if he has better physical qualities, more charisma and/or higher social status (i.e., a job that puts him around local celebrities and politicians). The only time money really becomes a trump card is when you earn a whole lot of it, probably 700K+ minimum, and most men will never make enough to be appealing to attractive women on the basis of their money alone. There are plenty of guys making 150K to 200K who are in their feelings because they thought the 8s and above would be chasing them down but they're with the cool and attractive guys instead.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:38 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,943,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's not what I see. I usually see beautiful women with men who have some above average combination of looks/height/build/charisma/social status.

Money is a bit overrated in attracting women. There's not much of a difference between a guy earning 80K and a guy earning 400K in terms of attractiveness to women, IMO, and the lesser earning guy can often beat out the richer guy if he has better physical qualities, more charisma and/or higher social status (i.e., a job that puts him around local celebrities and politicians). The only time money really becomes a trump card is when you earn a whole lot of it, probably 700K+ minimum, and most men will never make enough to be appealing to attractive women on the basis of their money alone. There are plenty of guys making 150K to 200K who are in their feelings because they thought the 8s and above would be chasing them down but they're with the cool and attractive guys instead.
You must be in NYC (or SF or LA). 200k is the top 11% of households, so 400k is a lot. 700k is pretty close to the top 1%.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:49 PM

17,227 posts, read 57,166,366 times
Quote from J. Robert Oppenheimer, from Wikiquote:

"Everyone wants rather to be pleasing to women and that desire is not altogether, though it is very largely, a manifestation of vanity. But one cannot aim to be pleasing to women any more than one can aim to have taste, or beauty of expression, or happiness; for these things are not specific aims which one may learn to attain; they are descriptions of the adequacy of one's living. To try to be happy is to try to build a machine with no other specification than that it shall run noiselessly."

Old 12-05-2022, 06:21 PM

6,896 posts, read 4,914,965 times
Do any women actually like their men to use Axe body wash? Good hygiene is important but I can't find a nose holding emoji to express how I feel about Axe body wash. Just ick.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:45 PM

20,420 posts, read 14,729,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Do any women actually like their men to use Axe body wash? Good hygiene is important but I can't find a nose holding emoji to express how I feel about Axe body wash. Just ick.
Husband told me that he went on forums ages ago, and asked women if they liked Axe products. When dozens of them piled on to tell him NO, they hated it, he threw his away.

Their advice to him at that time, was to be clean and natural. Nothing stronger than a decent deodorant is necessary, and he listened and went with that. And since I really like the way he smells (mostly just his own natural scent) I have to agree. I've encountered the occasional cologne out in the wild that I liked, but it's very hit or miss. And anything that is too strong will give me a headache.

I do recall a boy I dated in high school who wore something called "Preferred Stock" AND a leather biker jacket and those two scents together were pretty amazing. Well. I remember liking it a lot then anyways. But a nice leather jacket smells pretty wonderful all on its own. Usually. One boy I knew made the mistake of wearing his to his exciting new job at Fuddrucker's burger restaurant and hanging it up in the back room during his shifts. It absorbed the rancid odor of butter and grease and stank so bad. I felt really sorry for him, he was so proud of that jacket when his Mom gave it to him for his birthday. Poor dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships