Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to date someone who insists upon waiting until marriage before having sex?
Yes 25 26.88%
Yes, but only in certain cases/circumstances 13 13.98%
No 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 01:05 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,673,749 times

Advertisements

Probably no. Based on my experience, noone is THAT special so it's likely I can probably find someone with similar qualities who has no qualms about sex before marriage.

5,899 posts, read 5,797,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This. Plus, we wouldn't know if we were compatible.

You can teach people sexual actions, you cannot teach them passion and drive.
To be fair, though, one can have sexual passion and drive without actally having sex, right?

After all, abstinence doesn't completely remove all sexual outlets.

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
No. I don't want to marry again but I do insist on the sex!

Old 03-13-2014, 01:06 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,791 times
Many factors go into this, such as age, etc. I have no issue with people who choose to wait. It's a noble thing, really. But it's also very rare in today's world. At my age and probably most on here, it's not really reality. but if you're young and have an idea of meeting one special person, getting married and spending you life with them (as in 1950's style) then go for it.

I have a niece who did just that. She waited and this was actually the idea of her fiancé. Her friends admired him and many said they wished they could meet a guy like she had. They are both 20 and waited. The guy is good looking, going to college and firmly believed in his morals. I actually admire him for standing up for something that is considered weird and unpopular today.

Could I do it? Probably not. But then again, I'm 40. LOL.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:07 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
To be fair, though, one can have sexual passion and drive without actally having sex, right?

After all, abstinence doesn't completely remove all sexual outlets.
Agreed. And if someone cannot tell if the other person is passionate without having sex then they either don't know much about what signs to look for OR they jump the gun so quickly in all their relationships that they have just never learned.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Futurist,
I'm already married, so this is my hypothetical take.. Yes (I would definitely have dated a woman waiting for marriage.) To me, that shows restraint & principle.. Two things that will probably be assets in a good spouse. But who knows?
Yes, if you are already married, then I am asking this in a hypothetical sense for people such as yourself.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:

They can have it, but I wouldn't be able to really see it. And there are people that appear to be highly sexual and passionate through their body language / flirtiness, etc, but then you find out they're uptight prudes when you actually get into it. I've gotten better at weeding these people out as I get older, but every once in awhile signs can be missed. There are other times (I had one recently) where we were both highly sexual and horny, but plain just not compatible in bed and we weren't going to be. We gave it a couple of goes and decided, yup, not a match and we moved on. Great lady, it just wasn't there.

Sexual compatibility is a huge deal and you better be damn sure I'm going to know it's there before I make a commitment.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
They can have it, but I wouldn't be able to really see it. And there are people that appear to be highly sexual and passionate through their body language / flirtiness, etc, but then you find out they're uptight prudes when you actually get into it. I've gotten better at weeding these people out as I get older, but every once in awhile signs can be missed. There are other times (I had one recently) where we were both highly sexual and horny, but plain just not compatible in bed and we weren't going to be. We gave it a couple of goes and decided, yup, not a match and we moved on. Great lady, it just wasn't there.

Sexual compatibility is a huge deal and you better be damn sure I'm going to know it's there before I make a commitment.
Well, there is mutual masturbation and whatnot. Then you'll be able to see it.

I do get and understand your overall point here, though.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
Quote:

I do get and understand your overall point here, though.
That's not sex? Hmmm ....

Old 03-13-2014, 01:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:

Yeah, right. If you're going to do that, why the hell would you not just have freaking sex. There isn't anything wrong with doing so. It's actually rather fun, but if I recall, you've never had sex, so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships