Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 05:54 PM

589 posts, read 639,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I do not want a roommate I am 30 you cant have a roommate for the rest of my life. If i was not in college i would be working two jobs 60 to 80 hours a week.

Woman want guys that have goals, ambitions and an education it is a most. Working retail is a job not a career.

You can have a roommate at any age. Plenty of cops, firemen, and garbage men have no goals, ambitions, or education yet they do just fine. Anything can be a career if you're good at it and are dedicated. Sell cars. That's retail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 06:03 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,807,257 times
Yeah, I sometimes do. I was also very shy... and it just seemed that guys didn't like me. If I totaled up all the time I was in relationships (aside from my marriage), it doesn't amount to much. I had one boyfriend for a few months in high school (before he went off to college) and I didn't date anyone from the time I was 19-25 (not by choice either. Although the stupid thing, I later found out during this time there were at least two men who had a crush on me). Then I met my now ex, he swept me off my feet and I fell in love with him, I was married--but that was all messed up because he turned out to be gay.

And now I am back to dating again--but I have very little experience. I feel like I am still 18-19 and trying to date with all the nervousness and such. Ugh

Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
You can have a roommate at any age. Plenty of cops, firemen, and garbage men have no goals, ambitions, or education yet they do just fine. Anything can be a career if you're good at it and are dedicated. Sell cars. That's retail.
I need something to work towards I done every thing you can do in retail . It not worth it giving a company every thing now days.

Also I don't want to be putting boxes on shelves for the next 35 years . I need more out of life than a job i can do in my sleep.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 PM

589 posts, read 639,410 times
Quote:
I need something to work towards I done every thing you can do in retail . It not worth it giving a company every thing now days.

Also I don't want to be putting boxes on shelves for the next 35 years . I need more out of life than a job i can do in my sleep.

You don't give everything you got, you're unemployed. That's even worse than your current situation. Job security is a thing of the past.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
You don't give everything you got, you're unemployed. That's even worse than your current situation. Job security is a thing of the past.
I meant by giving a company every thing is giving them 80 hours a week and being on call 24/7 and having to go to work no matter what your doing . Being an assistant manager or manager is not worth it . They will give you the crappy store with no help and have the big wigs will call you a POS . On top of that you have to do everything and i mean everything. So you have to work 80 hours a week for years and years then you step down . this happen all the time at are company i work for . They just can not figure it out why people do not want to be a manager or assistant manager.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:34 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,732 times
Quote:
lets just say one paycheck goes to rent and the rest goes to bills and paying for college.
Dude, you're paying your way through college, and you call that "not having it all together"? There are a lot of people out there who'd kill to be you. You're living their dream! What did you say your problem was, again? I'm not seeing it.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I meant by giving a company every thing is giving them 80 hours a week and being on call 24/7 and having to go to work no matter what your doing . Being an assistant manager or manager is not worth it . They will give you the crappy store with no help and have the big wigs will call you a POS . On top of that you have to do everything and i mean everything. So you have to work 80 hours a week for years and years then you step down . this happen all the time at are company i work for . They just can not figure it out why people do not want to be a manager or assistant manager.
What do you care? You're gonna be outa there as soon as you get your degree. Just tell them, Sayonara, and see how long it takes them to find someone to replace you. I know someone who had to quit a job just like that, for health reasons, and the only people who applied for the job were ex-cons and druggies. Be glad you're in school. That's your ticket to better options.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 PM

Ok back on topic I think guys are behind the curve when it comes to relationships . Woman seem to have more experience with relationships and dating them most guys do.

I am willing to bet there are way more 25+ year old guys with little to no dating experience then there are woman 25 and older with little to no dating experience.

It just makes me kind of sad that at my age of 30 i look back and say what in heck happened ? I have no long term relationships , the same kind of job i did in high school , and nothing to show for it .

I am doing everything i can to make something of myself it will not fix every thing but it a darn good start.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:43 PM

OP, so many people are behind the curve, they've made their own curve! Forget the curve, just be you. The curve is irrelevant. There's only Now. Be Here Now, and don't worry about what other people are doing.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, you're paying your way through college, and you call that "not having it all together"? There are a lot of people out there who'd kill to be you. You're living their dream! What did you say your problem was, again? I'm not seeing it.
At my age I tough i would have a career , wife and kids by now. What i do for a living defines who i am. As a man I feel the need to make a fulfilling, meaningful contribution to our world.

That is why i can fail at school now i have to much riding on this . If i fail there goes ever meeting a girl and having kids and going on family vocations and there goes retiring some day i have to wait until 80 years old to stop working if i work retail for ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships