Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Wish I would've started dating around 17-20 like normal people! I'm having a good time now and I don't really regret my past, I had a blast.. However, I wish I was more confident back then when it came to dating!

Looking back, I'm not sure why It never happened.. I am painfully shy but I was also very popular in my late teens to my mid twenties. Mostly with other dudes at the ski resorts though, I had women flirt with me a lot back then but I'd stupidly grin and look for a exit due to my fear of talking to women. Only time I could ever follow through with women is when I was completely loaded..

My 23 year old Nephew has more dating experience than I do.
Get counseling to help you with your fear of talking to women.

I know quite a few people who didn't begin dating until after college, closer to their mid-20's. It's not a big deal, OP. Don't blow it up into a huge thing in your mind. Just move forward with your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 03:15 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Wish I would've started dating around 17-20 like normal people! I'm having a good time now and I don't really regret my past, I had a blast.. However, I wish I was more confident back then when it came to dating!

Looking back, I'm not sure why It never happened.. I am painfully shy but I was also very popular in my late teens to my mid twenties. Mostly with other dudes at the ski resorts though, I had women flirt with me a lot back then but I'd stupidly grin and look for a exit due to my fear of talking to women. Only time I could ever follow through with women is when I was completely loaded..

My 23 year old Nephew has more dating experience than I do.
i'm 26, although I've been on dates just never had a girlfriend

Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,365 times
"I see twenty something couples everywhere. I see a twenty something guy with a nice twentyish young women. I think those years slipped right by for me. Why should I continue another 20+ years alone?" I got that quote from someone, he made perfect sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships