Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 11:28 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,165,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Single moms go date single dads. Problem solved.

They really should have a dating site for you all, get you both off the regular ones.
Exactly! Instead of whining about the lack of men who don't want to date you, focus on people who are in the same boat as you. If I was a single dad I would have no problem dating single moms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 12:59 PM

12 posts, read 16,000 times
Interesting vantage points here.
Can I chime in with a question?

A woman in her late 30s (namely 38), with a 18 yo child who is going away to college. Is she considered a single mother in the context of dating?

Old 03-30-2014, 01:04 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,081,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Incognita View Post

A woman in her late 30s (namely 38), with a 18 yo child who is going away to college. Is she considered a single mother in the context of dating?
In my case, this wouldn't bother me at all. I'm not financially responsible for her child and the child has already grown up. I would have to make sure she is not interested in having any more children, and I am not interested in having children.

Of course I've never been in a relationship and probably never will be...

Old 03-30-2014, 01:08 PM

957 posts, read 1,062,573 times
Quote:

This wouldn't bother me at all, but I'm only 30!

If I was in my late thirties forties I wouldn't care at all.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:15 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,827,498 times
Quote:

Technically, yes but this situation I wouldn't be turned away by her having a kid. The kid is pretty much an independent adult so essentially the kid would not interfere in the relationship.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:16 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,165,950 times
Quote:

Im not old enough to be dating women who have grown children, unless I'm going after cougars.(although I'm not too much younger than you.) But yeah I wouldn't consider a woman who has grown kids who are out of the house a "single mom".

Old 03-30-2014, 01:23 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,253,146 times
Quote:

Not really, BUT she'd be too old by then /I want a family of my own/

Old 03-30-2014, 02:14 PM

625 posts, read 954,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Single moms go date single dads. Problem solved.

They really should have a dating site for you all, get you both off the regular ones.

^^^^THIS^^^^

This actually is the solution. Single moms should just date single dads. But in my opinion, most single moms don't even want to date single dads. My girlfriend who has 4 kids was concerned about dating single dads because it would add more kids to their relationship.

In such a scenario, not only would there be more kids involved, but the single mom knows that the single dad would put his kids first over her. After all, she is putting her kids first over him. Not only that but most of his time and money would just go to taking care of his kids anyway. I honestly think that is why most single moms prefer to date men who don't have any kids!

Old 03-30-2014, 02:15 PM

26 posts, read 25,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
^^^^THIS^^^^

This actually is the solution. Single moms should just date single dads. But in my opinion, most single moms don't even want to date single dads. My girlfriend who has 4 kids was concerned about dating single dads because it would add more kids to their relationship.

In such a scenario, not only would there be more kids involved, but the single mom knows that the single dad would put his kids first over her. After all, she is putting her kids first over him. Not only that but most of his time and money would just go to taking care of his kids anyway. I honestly think that is why most single moms prefer to date men who don't have any kids!
Less wallet and other resources to drain ....

Old 03-30-2014, 02:50 PM

599 posts, read 694,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What I don't get is why there is a stigma associated with single moms, yet not with single dads. We see them all the time, single moms are trash, they slept around, etc but how often do we see this with single dads? The fact of the matter is some single parents are trash, just like some childless, etc. I have come across more than my share of trashy single dads on dating sites yet they probably don't experience this hatred many women do.

I will say though that some parents really don't get it when it comes to why some childless reject them. The hatred I have gotten on dating sites has been out of control at times when it shouldn't be. If a childless person doesn't want to date a parent, the parent should look at other options. Look at this way, if someone is dead set against dating them, does it make sense to hope they will change their mind instead of pursuing someone else?
First of all, i'm not begging for a childless man to date me. They can clearly see on the dating website i have a kid and I am upfront and honest about it. My thing is why even approach me or contact me if you don't like kids anyway, knowing that I have a kid. And i'm tired of hearing most men saying that single moms are undateable, sluts, trashy, loose, financially unstable, looking for a meal ticket, pump and dump and just undesirable. I think those views influence other men not to date single moms when in fact they have no clue about what kind of person I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships