Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 02:05 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,644 times

Advertisements

You really can call someone subhuman filth without knowing their circumference? Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 02:07 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,073,220 times
Single moms are never filth. The people who refer to them as filth are themselves filth.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:13 PM

432 posts, read 492,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I wish I knew. Things were a poppin during Clinton. I think the economy really has done a number on everything.
REALLY trying to not crack any Lewinski / BJ Jones here. Must. Resist. LOL!

I can't speak for the economy though. It didn't technically tank until mid-2008, and even then, many weren't aware until a year later of the breadth of the situation. The resurgent rage of 24 year olds pooping out babies goes back a good bit before that. Furthermore, studies have shown dating, coupling, marriage, and sex went down during hard times. Then again, birth control and abortions cost money (less than unwanted babies, but people are dumb, what can I say). Who knows.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Single moms are never filth. The people who refer to them as filth are themselves filth.
Sorry, having a baby isn't a get-out-of-being-a-crappy-person free card.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Sorry, having a baby isn't a get-out-of-being-a-crappy-person free card.
And not having a baby doesn't mean that one isn't a crappy person.

And being a single mom doesn't mean one is automatically filth--the fact that you'd use that type of language and blindly label a large group consisting of individuals with various situations and circumstances is very interesting. I do hope that you know that your sh*t probably stinks just as much.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
And not having a baby doesn't mean that one isn't a crappy person.
I never said anything of the sort. It's called reading comprehension, try it.

And, again, same goes for guys. Being a single dad doesn't make you crap either (nor does it absolve). Two of my closest friends are single dads, both fantastic people. Both ended up with their kids because the mothers were irresponsible trash. It just depends on the situation.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:29 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,073,220 times
Being a single mother is admirable. With all the inequalities faced by women, and just because they are doing it by themselves, they often have to make great sacrifices for their kids.

I can't believe anyone would judge single mothers negatively.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times
Quote:
Being a single mother is admirable. With all the inequalities faced by women, and just because they are doing it by themselves, they often have to make great sacrifices for their kids.

Not every single mother is created equal . I have more resppect for the good single moms vs the ones that just wanted a kid to have one or some one to love.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:

Oh, you are a sweetheart. <3

Old 03-31-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
I never said anything of the sort. It's called reading comprehension, try it.

And, again, same goes for guys. Being a single dad doesn't make you crap either (nor does it absolve). Two of my closest friends are single dads, both fantastic people. Both ended up with their kids because the mothers were irresponsible trash. It just depends on the situation.
I read it, and you weren't specific about which subgroup of single moms you were referring to when you called them filth. I never said being a single dad meant you were crappy either. In fact I haven't commented at all on single dads. I have no judgement about single dads, because IMO as long as they are taking care of their children and helping financially and emotionally they are doing just what they are supposed to and need to be doing(no different than single moms). Single dads don't get bad reps, it's DEADBEAT dads that do. And in my eyes as a single mom, any parent(single mom or dad, or married parents, etc) who strive to take care of their children, learn, and progress as parents, and raise great children that go on to do great things are fantastic people. Many people can make babies, but it takes a lot for someone to raise a baby to become a good, successful, intelligent, hardworking person. Single parents who are able to do this--without the help of another parent, to me are in fact "super-people". They made some very good lemonade out of sour lemons and that is commendable. On the other hand those that do everything right and can model that for their children and are able to give their children the best of both words are also equally commendable for making the very best decisions and keeping their children at heart.

I could go on and on, but you get my drift. I think far too many people cast single parents aside as welfare, horrible, selfish neglectful people, and we are individuals just like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships