Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: To all the women, what do you think of womanizers and playboys?
I find them incredibly attractive 5 14.29%
They disgust me 22 62.86%
Nothing much, boys will be boys 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:48 AM

306 posts, read 299,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Doesn't matter to me how many women some jock can scoop up at a bar. Odds are, she is just as self centered, and low on grey matter as he is if "Hey baby, want to ****?" gets him in her pants.

I consider that a bullet dodged.
Just because a women dates a player it doesnt make her a bad person my best friend is dealing with three girls right now. Even though he cheats on them and and they know about each other they stay I think there stupid but not bad people. Its not our place to say who people should like but I wouldnever do asomething like that but could never get a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 11:32 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,253,334 times
A true alpha male always knows how to get different types of women interested. I once met an established, bright eyed and assertive woman who was interested in philosophy. I recommended the book Being and Time (original german title Sein und Zeit) by Martin Heidegger. She wanted to introduce me to her father who is a prominent academic persona at Columbia University. At that point i knew it was once again time to move on to new challenges.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 AM

408 posts, read 723,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Make fun of? How about stating the obvious? It's astonishing to me that a forum dedicated to people discussing intimate relationships is filled with so many people who've never had relationships, don't desire them and/or fear them.
Well I think a poster made it clear that your comment made her laugh. So I guess making comments causing other people to laugh at other poster= making fun of.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
A true alpha male always knows how to get different types of women interested. I once met an established, bright eyed and assertive woman who was interested in philosophy. I recommended the book Being and Time (original german title Sein und Zeit) by Martin Heidegger. She wanted to introduce me to her father who is a prominent academic persona at Columbia University. At that point i knew it was once again time to move on to new challenges.
Why? lol

Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 AM

663 posts, read 778,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Doesn't matter to me how many women some jock can scoop up at a bar. Odds are, she is just as self centered, and low on grey matter as he is if "Hey baby, want to ****?" gets him in her pants.

I consider that a bullet dodged.
Yes a virgin dodged that bullet...in fact he dodged every bullet coming his way.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
That's cool and all but I don't necessarily see what that has to do with the topic at hand.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Yes a virgin dodged that bullet...in fact he dodged every bullet coming his way.
sometimes you just gotta take one for the team

Old 04-08-2014, 12:09 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,287 times
All the terms beta/alpha/player/womanizer are pretty stupid. Not many guys would really refer to themselves as being the last 3. If a guys is "player":

1. He doesn't have to tell people he associates with, they already know.
2. He doesn't tell women this, because it will typically hurt his chances.
3. He doesn't try to come off like this, because again, it will hurt his chances.

The reason a "player" can walk in a bar and approach women and succeed in getting dates, numbers, or taking them home that night, is because he knows exactly what to do, he's done it hundreds of times before. Women don't think "hey, this dude slays in the dating scene," but they are attracted to his confidence, his conversation, his looks, and the basic vibe he gives off as a person. When I was going out several nights a week to bars and clubs for many years, I knew exactly what to do to approach most any girl I wanted. Of course, the majority of the time it turned into nothing, like most any guy. But after doing it enough you at least have the courage to do such without it being awkward, and to keep moving. When I was in college, I'd go out with a buddy, we'd walk into the bar, and basically meet up a few times during the night, but the majority of the time was spent going from group to group talking to various people.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

The reason a "player" can walk in a bar and approach women and succeed in getting dates, numbers, or taking them home that night, is because he knows exactly what to do, he's done it hundreds of times before. Women don't think "hey, this dude slays in the dating scene," but they are attracted to his confidence, his conversation, his looks, and the basic vibe he gives off as a person. When I was going out several nights a week to bars and clubs for many years, I knew exactly what to do to approach most any girl I wanted. Of course, the majority of the time it turned into nothing, like most any guy. But after doing it enough you at least have the courage to do such without it being awkward, and to keep moving. When I was in college, I'd go out with a buddy, we'd walk into the bar, and basically meet up a few times during the night, but the majority of the time was spent going from group to group talking to various people.
This is pretty much exactly what I said earlier. It's not like a guy walks into a bar and he's got some sign on his head that says "player". Upon getting to know them, a player could have the same exact personality traits as a great guy who is a real catch. When you meet someone new, you don't know if they're going to turn out to be good people or bad people. You only go by the information you're given.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
What's wrong with that ? What difference does being a virgin make? Maybe they were all bats--t crazy in his estimation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships