Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: To all the women, what do you think of womanizers and playboys?
I find them incredibly attractive 5 14.29%
They disgust me 22 62.86%
Nothing much, boys will be boys 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 01:22 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
That's what I'm saying. Point being, why would a female US Marine want to be with an alpha male? Wouldn't it make more sense for her to be with a beta male? Marines are selected for aggression and trained to be more aggressive. In other words a female Marine is dominant.

Navy is better of course, since Navy is the best branch, and the Marines are part of the Department of the Navy, I digress but thought I'd throw it out there lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 01:23 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,071,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Egh it seems more like you can observe the kind of person that is encouraged by the gals you encounter. I doubt you've been to the vast majority of high schools and bars to make a general claim that it's evident in high school and in bars so it's likely more of it's evident in the high school and bars you've been to.
Let me put it this way, who gets more dates. Womanizers, aka alpha males, or the nice guys, aka beta males?

Clearly the womanizers aka alpha males get more dates.

Who got more dates in high school, the quarterback or the scrawny geeky guy?

Old 04-06-2014, 01:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Let me put it this way, who gets more dates. Womanizers, aka alpha males, or the nice guys, aka beta males?

Let me ask you this - what is more important to you? Quality or quantity? True nice guys aren't envious of womanizers because they get a lot of dates.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:26 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:

who get more dates after college nerd with PhD or the ex high school quarterback running a trophy shop still rocking he's Letterman jacket.?

: think:

Old 04-06-2014, 01:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
Quote:

In my experience that depends on the environment and who asks more.

Likely for the quarterback and the scrawny geeky guy whoever asks more and is what I find to be realistic about what gal they can get will get more dates. I've known scrawny geeky guys that got more dates than the quarterback because they were realistic about their options while the quarterback held out for an idealized barbie.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me ask you this - what is more important to you? Quality or quantity? True nice guys aren't envious of womanizers because they get a lot of dates.
Different opinions as I find nice guys also desire to be womanizers hence the envy/jealous it seems nice guys just want to be able to treat gals as womanizers do or get as much gals as womanizers do and are frustrated that they can't.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Different opinions as I find nice guys also desire to be womanizers hence the envy/jealous it seems nice guys just want to be able to treat gals as womanizers do or get as much gals as womanizers do and are frustrated that they can't.
Which would mean that they aren't really all that nice.

I prefer good men - not bad boys or nice guys.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not talking about envy, I'm talking about what women encourage.

So you admit that alpha males get more dates. That proves women prefer the alpha males.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Different opinions as I find nice guys also desire to be womanizers
Nope. If they're a womanizer they are not a nice guy.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:40 PM

330 posts, read 545,258 times
They tend to be very charismatic and charming. They are masters at seduction, telling women whatever they want to hear.
So, if you are too naive to read his intentions, have low self esteeem and don´t know the game, you will probably get caught up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships