Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 02:39 PM

22,572 posts, read 47,641,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
First when I arrived, she was like " it is so nice to finally meet you". I was like "she must like what she sees". Then while we conversed at the table she was smiling and asking questions about what I like and then we hugged at the end. She told me to text her when I got home and I sent a text on friday, and called and left a message last night

No response to text
No return call yet.

She should be in the movies because that was some wonderful acting. Lol

What?
Why would you assume she was acting?

It IS possible to be glad to meet someone but not want to be romantically involved with them.
It is possible to smile and ask questions, and even hug... but not want to date.

You should see it as a nice night out with a nice person.... because that is all it was (based on what you said here).
And there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:43 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Got to act good if she's to have free meals, lmao
Unfortnately that is the risk us men have to take which is why I eliminated dinner a long time ago

Old 06-09-2014, 02:50 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
It's possible to have a pleasant time with someone, but not be interested in seeing them again. Though I think she should have responded to your text or call and told you so, it was only one date.

I am not trying to make excuses (well maybe I am a little), but it's hard when someone puts you on the spot at the end of the date to flat out tell them you don't want to see them again. I'm sure a lot of people are guilty of brushing someone off later because it was awkward to do it in person.
This.

Women in general have a hard time hurting a guys feelings so when they aren't interested some prefer to do the fade away thing. They think it hurts a guys ego less and are truly trying to be kind.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:54 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Meh...I wouldn't take it personal. A lot of people can enjoy your company and conversation at the time, and just leave it at that, and it is nothing more to them.

If she is playing silly little head games, I don't think you should give her a second thought. Like all the others have said, she probably just enjoyed that "one" night and it was nothing more than that to her. Don't worry about it.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:00 PM

836 posts, read 1,031,796 times
Quote:
Unfortnately that is the risk us men have to take which is why I eliminated dinner a long time ago
lol that's sad. So what date options do you choose for your dates then?

Old 06-09-2014, 03:04 PM

836 posts, read 1,031,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This.

Women in general have a hard time hurting a guys feelings so when they aren't interested some prefer to do the fade away thing. They think it hurts a guys ego less and are truly trying to be kind.
Agreed. I'd rather act interested on the date and then later be like "no thanks" rather than act distant, cold, awkward on the date. I guess it's not nice either way, but I would just give it a few dates.

Just please don't do what my roommate (who's 37) does. He text girls over and OVER again. I always tell him communication is a two-way street but he always tries to find a way to defend it by saying things like, "Well I just wanted her to know I was thinking of her," "I just wanted to see how her day at work was today," "I just wanted to know if she was feeling better..." Like he's a 14 year old boy. He texts repeatedly and adds the emoticons lol.

People before me gave some sound advice. Just wait a few days and check up. If she is non responsive then on to the next one (for your non-dinner date)!

Old 06-09-2014, 03:12 PM

774 posts, read 906,379 times
Quote:
First when I arrived, she was like " it is so nice to finally meet you". I was like "she must like what she sees". Then while we conversed at the table she was smiling and asking questions about what I like and then we hugged at the end. She told me to text her when I got home and I sent a text on friday, and called and left a message last night

No response to text
No return call yet.

She should be in the movies because that was some wonderful acting. Lol
Could be one of hundreds of different reasons:

Maybe she liked you then she changed her mind for no reason (some women can be fickle)

Maybe you said or did something she didn't personally go for but she never let on.

Maybe she mentioned you to one of her friends and got a bad report.

Maybe she was using you, hoping you like her to build her own ego.

Maybe she underestimated your intelligence/awareness and thought it would be "nicer" to reject you by making you think she liked you.

Maybe she's busy, she'll get in touch with you soon.

Could be anything. Do you have to know why(if she rejected you). I could probably reduce it to the twenty most likely reasons if I knew the whole story.

You did your best, you texted her and you called her. She knows. Now its her move.

Nothing else you can do. As a man, I'm proud of you for trying.

Last edited by Simtropico; 06-09-2014 at 03:25 PM..

Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
I did think it was a bad sign that after the bus she was waiting for rode pass us by a accident, instead of her waiting for the next bus she waved down a cab. Lol

I guess that was a clear sign right there. Lol

Old 06-09-2014, 03:28 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
I did think it was a bad sign that after the bus she was waiting for rode pass us by a accident, instead of her waiting for the next bus she waved down a cab. Lol

I guess that was a clear sign right there. Lol
Speaking about busses: they'll be another one coming soon.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 PM

774 posts, read 906,379 times
Yeah, they always seem to give a contradictory sign if they are acting.

She's in NY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships