Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 10:48 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times

Advertisements

Why are you moving the conversation to money? The issue you bring up is that women want you to pay $$$ for dates. You made relationship a money issue, so now it's being discussed in terms of $$$. That's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
But why does that equate to money? So do men value or hold in high regard prostitutes and strippers since they spend money on them as well?

Old 06-18-2014, 10:50 AM

Yup! I agree. Let me put it this way: treat us like a dude, and we'll be your dude-pal and that's all we'll ever be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is more like care and (paying) attention. Just make us feel special via words and actions and we will get it. But if you treat us like one of your bros, that is what we will assume the relationship is.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:52 AM

A lot until women satisfy the cheapo men by saying, "Ok ok fine, we'll make all the sacrifices and you don't have to make any at all."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
How many beatings is this horse supposed to take?

Old 06-18-2014, 10:52 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
What? A women is not into a man because she doesn't call me by a pet name?
It's an analogy... and yes, most women in time give a pet name like "sweetie" "dear" "love" or "tiger" or something. Now, not all women give pet names... which is why I said "probably." Which is the point in paying for dates. If a man never pays and never treats his girlfriend to a date, he is probably not into her. I didn't say it means he's not into her. It's just my experience that he's probably not.

How many men are into a woman, want her to stick around, want to show they care, and never treat her on a date... not even a $20 lunch? Heck, I treat friends (and people I've just met) to meals because I wanted their company. I can't imagine loving someone and suddenly insisting on everything always being divided equally (or sitting there and doing math figuring out who ordered what and what the tax and tip are on each item because, what if you ordered a $10 cocktail and she just had water? Or you ordered a $30 steak and she got a $20 salad? If you just split the check, suddenly you would be expecting her to pay half of your cocktail and more expensive meal, right?). Ridiculous? Yes. But that would be "fair" and not very romantic for a first date.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:53 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is more like care and (paying) attention. Just make us feel special via words and actions and we will get it. But if you treat us like one of your bros, that is what we will assume the relationship is.
Very succinct. Do you guys get it now?

/thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:55 AM

It is ridiculous. They want the best of everything, but not be required to make any effort whatsoever. Kinda like a little boy expecting his mommy to do everything for him. Very infantile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It's an analogy... and yes, most women in time give a pet name like "sweetie" "dear" "love" or "tiger" or something. Now, not all women give pet names... which is why I said "probably." Which is the point in paying for dates. If a man never pays and never treats his girlfriend to a date, he is probably not into her. I didn't say it means he's not into her. It's just my experience that he's probably not.

How many men are into a woman, want her to stick around, want to show they care, and never treat her on a date... not even a $20 lunch? Heck, I treat friends (and people I've just met) to meals because I wanted their company. I can't imagine loving someone and suddenly insisting on everything always being divided equally (or sitting there and doing math figuring out who ordered what and what the tax and tip are on each item because, what if you ordered a $10 cocktail and she just had water? Or you ordered a $30 steak and she got a $20 salad? If you just split the check, suddenly you would be expecting her to pay half of your cocktail and more expensive meal, right?). Ridiculous? Yes. But that would be "fair" and not very romantic for a first date.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:55 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
But why does that equate to money? So do men value or hold in high regard prostitutes and strippers since they spend money on them as well?
It doesn't equate to money. You keep saying it equates to money, but it doesn't, for many women. For some, apparently, it does. But you seem to be ignoring the posts that clearly state it doesn't have to have anything to do with money. Why is that?

Does anyone hear the sound of an axe grinding?

Old 06-18-2014, 10:58 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I just read your response on another post, stating that you're not looking for a relationship, so you might not be the appropriate one to respond to this.

Only if you think that either a) I've never been looking for a relationship and/or b) that despite doing so, I don't know how to manage one. And as always, people are free to believe what they want.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:59 AM

So why argue something to death that doesn't apply to you, and you have no experience with? LOL Wow. Work must be slow where you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Only if you think that either a) I've never been looking for a relationship and/or b) that despite doing so, I don't know how to manage one. And as always, people are free to believe what they want.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:01 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Why are you moving the conversation to money? The issue you bring up is that women want you to pay $$$ for dates. You made relationship a money issue, so now it's being discussed in terms of $$$. That's why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It doesn't equate to money. You keep saying it equates to money, but it doesn't, for many women. For some, apparently, it does. But you seem to be ignoring the posts that clearly state it doesn't have to have anything to do with money. Why is that?

Does anyone hear the sound of an axe grinding?
I know, I brought it up earlier that the "dinner date" is just an easy date that men will often ask a woman out on. It's easy because most people like eating. But it's a costly option. A man could show a woman values her even more by paying attention and doing something more romantic based on what she likes... and I even gave a great example that is 100% free. It just takes effort.

But it keeps going back to the dinner date (which is costly). And guess what, those dinner dates are costly for women too. Women spend a lot of time, money, and effort to look their best for the date (and women's drycleaning, haircuts, etc all cost more than a mans--look at prices next time. Women are charged more). Like I said, maybe what they spend in terms of money for the date isn't as much as the man, but they still spend money and put an effort in. So the guy picking up the tab for the date is generally his effort because he's not getting his hair done, wearing expensive makeup to look hot, or he's wearing pants and a shirt and not a dry clean only dress that shows off his body to his date. Sure, it's not 100% equal or fair... but like I said, a lot in life isn't fair and there are plenty of unfair things in life for women as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships