Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:07 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Dunno. I've always said not to date people who don't seem courteous and not to spend big money on early dates. You like to talk about showering the woman with flowers/jewelry/gifts/vacations, not me.
This. The guys who make the axe-grinding noises are the ones who ignore the women who post that men shouldn't spend money on dates in the beginning (or at all, if they can't afford it). They shouldn't be buying expensive gifts or paying for vacations. Who are all these guys who can afford to pay for a gf's vacation, anyway? Why aren't they dating women who can afford to pay for their own vacations?? It really doesn't make much sense.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:08 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
The point of the thread isn't about what men should or shouldn't do or should or shouldn't pay for... the question is, if a guy never offers to pay for a date/never treats you to a date, does he not like you much?" It's not about what the man should or shouldn't do, it's what it means when he does or doesn't do something.
This bears repeating.

Quote:
The point of the thread isn't about what men should or shouldn't do or should or shouldn't pay for... the question is, if a guy never offers to pay for a date/never treats you to a date, does he not like you much?" It's not about what the man should or shouldn't do, it's what it means when he does or doesn't do something.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-18-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Where did you meet these women? The Jerry Springer Show?

Too much mental energy, I'd rather focus on having fun: free, cheap or otherwise.

If a guy takes me to a chain restaurant it is a pretty good sign he has spent zero time listening to what I've told him about myself. It's a bad fit.
True, good point. Besides, I don't know what a chain restaurant choice has to do with spending money. There are lots of small, neighborhood restaurants that would cost the same or less than a chain. It's not even relevant to the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408;
I don't think I know many people, women or otherwise who would balk at an ice cream date. Really, just the Paleo people. For everyone else it sounds like a fun time.
HOORAY for the Voice Of Reason on the ice cream date issue!

lol! It sure is crazy what people get into fights over, here on C-D, sometimes.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:

It a man never offers to pay, some people have said it means he sees you as a friend.
Right, and the question that springs from the OP title, is: if he does like you that much, but he doesn't want to/can't afford to pay, how could he show his interest? What are the appropriate alternatives to paying for meals?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:24 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
When I was married I bought my guy gifts. Is that what you're talking about? That you feel women don't give you enough gifts? LOL You're sounding like a little boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
My attitude? You mean it is wrong to be with a woman who ALSO likes to treat her guy and romance him?

If that is so, I'll take a wild guess that you enjoy leeching off guys? Then again, that is not really a wild guess. You have made it clear .

Old 06-18-2014, 02:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
That's because they have "issues," or they belong to some of those loser men's "rights" laughable groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. The guys who make the axe-grinding noises are the ones who ignore the women who post that men shouldn't spend money on dates in the beginning (or at all, if they can't afford it). They shouldn't be buying expensive gifts or paying for vacations. Who are all these guys who can afford to pay for a gf's vacation, anyway? Why aren't they dating women who can afford to pay for their own vacations?? It really doesn't make much sense.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
My attitude? You mean it is wrong to be with a woman who ALSO likes to treat her guy and romance him?
Many women, if not most, do reciprocate, onihC. Women love to treat their guy and surprise him with gifts.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-18-2014 at 02:37 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 02:36 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
When I was married I bought my guy gifts. Is that what you're talking about? That you feel women don't give you enough gifts? LOL You're sounding like a little boy.
You waited until you got married to get him something?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:38 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Many women, if not most, do reciprocate, onihC. Women love to treat their guy and surprise him gifts.
That's right. There are some women out there who do reciprocate since the very beginning instead of waiting until a few months down the road, until they are committed to each other, and so on. Surprises, gifts, dinners, and what not .

Old 06-18-2014, 02:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
This thread is getting really pathetic. There are dates that can be done with little money. For example I love hiking dates where we hike. Second, I am offended by this idea women are con artists. Men can be con artists too, I got scammed by one years ago. He expected me to help pay for him because he claimed not to work which was a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships