Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 11:05 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times

Advertisements

Absolutely. If a man has no money, but is romantic and awesome, the lack of money doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I know, I brought it up earlier that the "dinner date" is just an easy date that men will often ask a woman out on. It's easy because most people like eating. But it's a costly option. A man could show a woman values her even more by paying attention and doing something more romantic based on what she likes... and I even gave a great example that is 100% free. It just takes effort.

But it keeps going back to the dinner date (which is costly). And guess what, those dinner dates are costly for women too. Women spend a lot of time, money, and effort to look their best for the date. Like I said, maybe what they spend in terms of money isn't equal, but they still put an effort in. So the guy picking up the tab for the date is generally his effort. Sure, it's not 100% equal or fair... but like I said, a lot in life isn't fair and there are plenty of unfair things in life for women as well.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:14 AM

5,134 posts, read 4,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
It is ridiculous. They want the best of everything, but not be required to make any effort whatsoever. Kinda like a little boy expecting his mommy to do everything for him. Very infantile.
^^^^ Yes.

The woman is supposed to be pretty, slim, shapely, smart; have a decent job (no gold diggers need apply); approach the man for a date; go dutch on dates; not be upset if he doesn't want to show her that he appreciates and values her; not be concerned if he's unemployed/underemployed/broke; not be concerned if he's in debt up to his eyeballs; have sex with him asap--even if she's not ready; not expect marriage any time soon; if and when they get married, she's supposed to continue to work a F/T job, keep an immaculate home, cook the meals, and be an excellent mother. Oh, AND be ready for hot sex whenever he's ready!

Yeah, keep on dreaming.

You attract what you are.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:14 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Absolutely. If a man has no money, but is romantic and awesome, the lack of money doesn't matter.
The funny thing here is it's not like a guy is forced to go to a restaurant and pay. He chooses to go on that date. Sure, he can split the bill each time and not use that as his way of showing he values the woman he's with... instead he can do romantic and awesome other things to show he values her. But the guys here are thinking the only date is a dinner date (because every time other options are brought up, they go back to that). Fine, if that's the only date you are going on, then how do you show her you see her in a romantic light or that she's special to you? the answer is, of course, be imaginative if you want to keep money in your pocket. But if you can't be imaginative and you never do anything special or different for her than you wouldn't do for just anyone, the woman is probably going to assume she's just anyone to you and you aren't all that interested. That's the whole point!

Old 06-18-2014, 11:15 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
How many beatings is this horse supposed to take?

Ooh, bella, thought you'd never ask!

How do you like it, how do you like it, more more more ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJGrIyt-X8&feature=kp

Old 06-18-2014, 11:17 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

LOL... the horse is now liquified it's been beaten so much

Old 06-18-2014, 11:19 AM

Love that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post

You attract what you are.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:20 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
The funny thing here is it's not like a guy is forced to go to a restaurant and pay. He chooses to go on that date. Sure, he can split the bill each time and not use that as his way of showing he values the woman he's with... instead he can do romantic and awesome other things to show he values her. But the guys here are thinking the only date is a dinner date (because every time other options are brought up, they go back to that).
Why do these guys lack imagination?

Yup. Like little whiny boys: "MOMMY, I WANT EVERYTHING!!!!"

Quote:
The funny thing here is it's not like a guy is forced to go to a restaurant and pay. He chooses to go on that date. Sure, he can split the bill each time and not use that as his way of showing he values the woman he's with... instead he can do romantic and awesome other things to show he values her. But the guys here are thinking the only date is a dinner date (because every time other options are brought up, they go back to that). Fine, if that's the only date you are going on, then how do you show her you see her in a romantic light or that she's special to you? the answer is, of course, be imaginative if you want to keep money in your pocket. But if you can't be imaginative and you never do anything special or different for her than you wouldn't do for just anyone, the woman is probably going to assume she's just anyone to you and you aren't all that interested. That's the whole point!

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Funny thread ... I don't have this problem when dating because I'm a generous person and expect (and want) to pay for all my dates each and every time.

But, carry on ...

Old 06-18-2014, 11:28 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,240,868 times
Quote:
LOL... the horse is now liquified it's been beaten so much
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJGrIyt-X8&feature=kp
Quote:
Funny thread ... I don't have this problem when dating because I'm a generous person and expect (and want) to pay for all my dates each and every time.

But, carry on ...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships