Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 02:31 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyj34 View Post
i can't say i have. But maybe i should have taken a set of yearly penis pictorials starting at age 20 so that i could more closely document the occurrence of any penis skin atrophy.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
The trend right now sweeping this great nation is something most here won't comprehend after reading the many posts here. That trend is young women dating older men. Much older!
Really? I hadn't noticed that anywhere. Where'd you notice this trend?

Old 07-01-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
That's all well and good, as long as you know that you don't represent all women. There are always exceptions out there.
Absolutely. There are exceptions to everything in this universe.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Really? I hadn't noticed that anywhere. Where'd you notice this trend?
Probably on television.

Depends on what you mean OP by much younger and why you want younger. If you are one of those guys who is mid 30's and above and thinks you deserve a 20 something but you bring little you won't likely have luck. The amount of these men who think they deserve younger astounds me.

However, my boyfriend is 9 years older but it's not because of his age. We happen to have a lot in common. We didn't meet online though. When I did online men who were much older (usually 10+ years)who contacted me because I was younger were deleted.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:02 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,320,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Probably on television.

Depends on what you mean OP by much younger and why you want younger. If you are one of those guys who is mid 30's and above and thinks you deserve a 20 something but you bring little you won't likely have luck. The amount of these men who think they deserve younger astounds me.

However, my boyfriend is 9 years older but it's not because of his age. We happen to have a lot in common. We didn't meet online though. When I did online men who were much older (usually 10+ years)who contacted me because I was younger were deleted.
Actually, if you look at the history of male/female marriages over the last several centuries, you'd find that, until relatively recently, much older men marrying much younger females was commonplace -- it certainly wasn't rare. It was only until more modern times that older men-younger women pairings were viewed as being weird, or gross, or inappropriate. I do realize that everyone has their own opinions on what is appropriate or desirable in terms of age discrepancies between mates -- but I wanted to point out that older men-younger women pairings were not viewed with the level of disgust as they often are today until relatively recently.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Probably on television.

That's true! On TV and Hollywood movies the male actors continue to be hired, and no matter how old they get, they keep being coupled with female actors that are the same age as they ones they were coupled with when the male actors were in their 20s.

Look at Harrison Ford, Richard Gere and Sean Connery and the females they and other old actors are coupled with on film. Really old farts who belong with older women as their movie mates are not being coupled with women their age. Why not? Because males their age watching the movie don't want to see that. They want to imagine that at their ages they still deserve women 20-something.

Last edited by Saritaschihuahua; 07-01-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old 07-01-2014, 03:10 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:
Younger men have more attractive everything than older men, including those areas. They are also more firm. All bodies undergo a deterioration process. Even the skin on the penis looks less beautiful as it gets older.
Physically, I'd generally agree with you. But people are often quick to point out that physical attraction isn't AS important to women as it is to men. In those other, non-physical regards, older men are generally more sought after....maturity, culture, financial stability, etc.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:11 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,320,260 times
Quote:
That's true! On TV and Hollywood movies the male actors continue to be hired, and no matter how old they get, they keep being coupled with female actors that are the same age as they ones they were coupled with when the male actors were in their 20s.

Look at Harrison Ford, Richard Gere and Sean Connery and the females they and other old actors are coupled with on film. Really old fart who belong with older women as their movie mates are not being coupled with women their age? Why not? Because males their age watching the movie don't want to see that. They want to imagine that at their ages they are still deserve women 20-something.
Those guys have fame and fortune, and in a lot of cases, they are married to much younger women -- in real life, not just in reel life. So obviously, much younger women can, obviously, stifle their urges to gag while getting it on with older, saggier, wrinklier men ( if they are as unattractive as you say) as long as the guys' bank account and social status are lofty enough.

And a lot of the younger girls obviously think they 'deserve' an older rich guy? Why? Why don't they stick to guys of comparable ages?

Old 07-01-2014, 03:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Actually, if you look at the history of male/female marriages over the last several centuries, you'd find that, until relatively recently, much older men marrying much younger females was commonplace -- it certainly wasn't rare. It was only until more modern times that older men-younger women pairings were viewed as being weird, or gross, or inappropriate. I do realize that everyone has their own opinions on what is appropriate or desirable in terms of age discrepancies between mates -- but I wanted to point out that older men-younger women pairings were not viewed with the level of disgust as they often are today until relatively recently.
It's because women weren't able to support themselves so they looked for a man who could. Now women work so they go by attraction. Women didn't marry older because they are interested in them.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:

Look at Harrison Ford, Richard Gere and Sean Connery and the females they and other old actors are coupled with on film. Really old fart who belong with older women as their movie mates are not being coupled with women their age? Why not? Because males their age watching the movie don't want to see that. They want to imagine that at their ages they are still deserve women 20-something.
Or because if males of any age are going to be looking at a woman for ~2 hours, they'd prefer a 20-something to a woman of Sean Connery's age. If people don't like age discrepancies, they're welcome to vote with their wallets...and they do. If the aforementioned actors and actresses didn't bring in numbers, they'd stop getting work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships