Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
That's a broad statement. You don't speak for every young woman. Some women are repulsed by older men; others are attracted to older men. People have difference tastes. That's why restaurants have menus.
Hmmm... you're right. There are exceptions. But exception is called that because it's not the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 01:11 PM

1,383 posts, read 1,563,482 times
Newly single at the age of 38, I've only been getting offers from women no less than 10 years younger than me. They sure do a good job of acting shocked/surprised when I do tell them my age [they couldn't possibly be missing the grey in my hair].

Old 07-02-2014, 04:22 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
On which galaxy do people without rights have any options to pick a mate from a selection, are allowed to make any decisions of any sort, or to seek the attentions of anyone, or to make choices?

::::he's trippin'!!!!:::

Methinks you've been reading too many hot and steamy supermarket trash novels. You know, the kind in which a slave girl winks at a mean pirate, who subsequently kidnaps her, falls madly in love with her and they have wild, prostitutional sex behind a pirate's gold chest, followed by him becoming an executive in a shipping company, her his very wealthy wife, and they live happily ever after having wild hairy sex.
You're still historically incorrect. While women didn't have rights they still mostly married men they both loved and were attracted to. I do not read any of that trash but it sure seems you do. Your immaturity is definitely showing when you choose foolish attacks over reasoned rebuttal.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,320,260 times
Quote:
Hmmm... you're right. There are exceptions. But exception is called that because it's not the norm.
Maybe. But since when is being outside the norm an automatic negative? And it would be difficult to determine when and where much younger marrying much older was only the exception and not the norm. In certain cultures, ethnic groups, and in certain countries, big age-gap relationships are common, if not the norm. And you'd have to ask each younger woman married to an older man if she was/is attracted to her older mate, or if she married for other reasons. Personal bias and personal taste don't prove or disprove anything.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:00 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Find a naive, insecure, low self esteem, mental issue young hottie?
Not is all cases. A couple of years ago when I just turned 40, a 22 yo old woman contacted me on a OLD site, and asked if I was willing to lower my 32 yo age limit in her case. I responded, and seriously asked "What the hell do you see in an old guy like me?". She responded that she thought I was attractive and she was sick of dating young broke guys and she was looking for someone more established. I still said no as she was young enough to be my daughter. Variations of the same theme have happened since, but too young is too young.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
You're still historically incorrect. While women didn't have rights they still mostly married men they both loved and were attracted to. I do not read any of that trash but it sure seems you do. Your immaturity is definitely showing when you choose foolish attacks over reasoned rebuttal.
I think you're dreaming. A woman with no rights would be FORCED to marry because without marriage she was a rightless individual. That's not a choice. That's a necessity.

Picture yourself a male with your legal rights suddenly stripped from you. In such a situation would you have a choice as to love? I doubt it. You'd be scrambling, desperate to find a wife to provide for you, hoping some woman show an interest in you, would like you, would ask for your hand in marriage, and you'd be trying to make yourself look really good because if no woman took you in, you'd be s.o.l. in life.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Maybe. But since when is being outside the norm an automatic negative? And it would be difficult to determine when and where much younger marrying much older was only the exception and not the norm. In certain cultures, ethnic groups, and in certain countries, big age-gap relationships are common, if not the norm. And you'd have to ask each younger woman married to an older man if she was/is attracted to her older mate, or if she married for other reasons. Personal bias and personal taste don't prove or disprove anything.
I merely said it was outside the norm. And yes, for example, in countries where women have no rights, even old men can have young girls to marry. Less rights means more miserable life and more willingness to endure bad stuff.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:44 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Not is all cases. A couple of years ago when I just turned 40, a 22 yo old woman contacted me on a OLD site, and asked if I was willing to lower my 32 yo age limit in her case. I responded, and seriously asked "What the hell do you see in an old guy like me?". She responded that she thought I was attractive and she was sick of dating young broke guys and she was looking for someone more established. I still said no as she was young enough to be my daughter. Variations of the same theme have happened since, but too young is too young.
Of course, it isn't, Juan. Ive been hit on by 19-23year olds the past year- most recently a 20 year old (bakery gal) at a grocery store a couple weeks ago (im in my mid 30's btw)

I agree, too young is too young. The typical 19-23yrold has really nothing significant to offer me, other than the obvious. But man.......that bakery gal had a taut petite body on her Lol

Old 07-02-2014, 07:00 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,320,260 times
Quote:
I merely said it was outside the norm. And yes, for example, in countries where women have no rights, even old men can have young girls to marry. Less rights means more miserable life and more willingness to endure bad stuff.
Your opinion is that it is only younger women without rights and/or the means to support themselves who marry older, and presumably, less attractive mates. Or that it's the majority of those types of women who do. I say that's an overreaching analysis. Maybe you are right -- but how can you prove it? It's fine to believe that, but a belief is not a concrete truth. But I may look askew when an 80+ yr.old guy like Donald Sterling has a 30 yr.old girlfriend or wife: I think gold digger!! But what if the age difference is 10-15 years? I don't think it's outside any norm for a person to be very attracted to someone that much older, male or female.
And when talking about optimal attractiveness. I think most people would prefer to marry someone with all-star looks -- but how often does that happen? So even young, supposedly hot people have to settle eventually. So preferring x,y, and z is fine and all but that doesn't mean you will get it -- regardless of the ages involved.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Your 9 to 5 cube dwelling, docker sportin, average Joe isn't pulling down women 15-20 yrs younger than him.

At least not in my experience.

How easy is it?? I don't know... I supposed you'd have to hang out in some place that caters to women with daddy issues????

Most women, I think, for the most part, want to be with men in their same basic range, maybe a little older, but certainly not Anne Nicole Smith age differences......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships