Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 09:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,113,778 times

Advertisements

I'd drop this guy like a hot potato. He isn't all that into you or the relationship you both have.

Honestly, I'd fade out while he was on vacation. Move my crap out and find someplace else to live and just be gone by the time he got back and not respond to his calls. You need to trim the fat from your life.

I can guarantee you he won't care. It's likely that is what he is hoping will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 09:16 PM

102,300 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Too bad the OP relocated from another city/state and job for this guy. But maybe she'll manage to make lemonade out of lemons, and will find a truly great guy!

Old 07-08-2014, 02:07 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,690,970 times
You should just comes to grips with the fact you will never be able to control him. I imagine you two have different definitions of exclusivity. Perhaps this is something you should discuss at some point.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:19 PM

11,414 posts, read 24,520,275 times
I don't think it matters whether he plans to cheat or anything of that nature. He simply doesn't want her to be part of this trip.

She's not his top priority.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,517,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opiniongirl View Post

On one hand, I understand the need to maintain one's identity and integrity when in a couple, as previous heartbreaks taught us both the hard lesson. But then again, how do you hold back when you love, as a close relationship requires vulnerability? And how do I get over this issue of him and his female friends? I do not want to become the 'drama queen'. Do I accept it and work through managing my anxiety (that would probably involve me booking a trip with my male friends for a childish revenge ) and self confidence, or should I demand of him to respect my feelings- or rethink the relationship?
Go on your own vacation. Alone or with others - it doesn't matter. Live your life. And, that will build self-confidence.

[that would not be childish]

Old 07-08-2014, 06:21 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,293,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You know, it's interesting, the way that some guys think it's fine for them to exercise their options, and hang out with, or go on vacation with, female friends. My observation is that as soon as their gf decides she'll do the same, and starts spending time with a guy friend, all hell breaks loose. Some men seem to think they have this right but take for granted that their gf doesn't have any single guy friends, or won't attract the attention of other guys. Those are the types who need to have their bluff called. It would be interesting to see what happened if the OP were to go on vacation with an old bf or other male friend while her guy was in Italy.
Or better yet, while he waited for her at home, like she is being expected to do.

Total game playing......But, as you get older you realize that all these games are a total waste of time. That if you are in a relationship with someone that simply doesn't give a care about your feelings, you are already investing in a poor relationship.

Why waste time on someone so cavalier that he would BS you with that "list" of reasons.....non of which make any sense at all. Honestly....If these girls were on the up and up.....and they would be, if he had been honest about what you mean to him....They would have invited you to come as well.

I call BS on this whole situation.....If I were your Mom. I'd be telling you to move home......You deserve someone that at the least looks out for you emotionally. Ppl can say, oh....partners can tak seperat vacations, you should let him do his thing........But.....he seems so indifferent to your feelings.....I do not thik he cares enough for the scarifices that you've made.....You teach ppl how to treat you. That is the truth.....If someone treats you like you don't matter in the beginning of a relationship, when usually folks are putting their best face forward.....Then, he'll never treat you better. Good luck to you....

Old 07-08-2014, 06:23 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,293,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I don't know really what to say in your situation, however in mine, hubby used to take small trips with a female friend of his prior to our dating, but that stopped after we started dating. I didn't ask him to, he just did. He told me he felt it was disrespectful to consider doing that, that it wouldn't send the right message.

Besides that, when you only get 3 weeks vacation in a year, it would never occur to either one of us to spend that time with someone other than each other.
Your hubby has his priorities straight. Good for you two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships