Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 09:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times

Advertisements

Read it. It's short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 09:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
This is exactly how I feel towards everything.

Relationships in particular. Things are drilled into our minds from the time we were kids about relationships. "You need to do this by a certain age, you need do that in order to get a guy to like you, you have to look this way, ect., ect."

I am actually still trying to "unlearn" these things I was "taught" about relationships.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:56 PM

377 posts, read 533,261 times
I used to think a crazy bi###, was a woman, who would scream in an argument....back in the day, when I didn't want to really deal with an issue, I would try to maintain a civilized environment, by talking in a calm voice, whenever I had a yelling female arguing with me. I knew that the demeanor would push buttons, but they were the crazy ones, because they would yell so loudly, the kind of frustrating yelling that neighbors can hear. As I got older, I realized that my passive aggressive behavior, was manipulative. Refusing to discuss some issue they had, by turning my back and ignoring them. All passive aggressive behavior. This is something I worked hard on, and have made a positive change about 10 years ago. I actually am friends with a few of those women, and 10 years ago, I reached out and apologized for my behavior....they all dropped their jaws in disbelief..lol

Whenever you do those things to a woman who is mad, you are telling them to ****, that they aren't important, and you dont care what they have to say...it's a big FU, so how else are they going to get your attention? You pressed all the buttons for detonation.... At least in my experiences the crazy women, were made that way because of my actions....I'm betting that's the case with many who have been called crazy.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:04 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
That's not at all a short article.

I wonder how many women here have actually heard those words applied to themselves or other women. I never have. Some of this stuff is Jerry Springer Show material. And I didn't think the word "crazy" was gender-specific. It can apply to men, too. But usually only to bona fide mentally ill men or the guy in the news who murdered his wife, or whatever.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:07 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It's called gaslighting.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:08 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's not at all a short article.

I wonder how many women here have actually heard those words applied to themselves or other women. I never have. Some of this stuff is Jerry Springer Show material.
I'm wondering the same thing. Ive label a few women crazy, but never have voiced it in their presence.

Well, I did call a couple women on here crazy, Lol

Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
I thought gas lighting was teenagers eating too many bean burritos with a penchant for lighters.....

Old 07-06-2014, 10:41 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. Ive label a few women crazy, but never have voiced it in their presence.
This was my thing too. Unless we're fighting or something, I'm not going to label a woman crazy to her face, but I'll definitely think it. And sure, it can come in both male and female flavors, but "traditional" crazy is more the female domain, in my experience. By "traditional" crazy, I mean the kind of crazy that isn't against the law...generally speaking.

As a friend of mine puts it: women are crazy, men are stupid. Sure, both genders can be both, but I think the aforementioned takes the lion's share.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 PM

818 posts, read 917,880 times
Its all pretty simple, DONT ACT CRAZY ! and you won't be called crazy. Whats so hard to understand.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
The article is not about how women act. It's a man writing about something he figured out about himself, how he was holding himself back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships