Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Anytime someone says that women are more emotional than men, or that women act on or express their emotions more, I feel like I don't live on the same planet as the person saying that.

To me, men seem far less in control of their emotions. I see men getting angry when someone cuts them off in traffic. I see male politicians starting wars and refusing sensible policies because of their emotional attachments to looking tough and driving big trucks and hating poor people. I see female politicians staying calm and building consensus.

In the relationship department, I see men pushing for poly/open relationships because they want to feel like studs, and then, six months later, pushing to return to monogamy because they cannot handle their jealousy (when their female partner has no trouble handling hers).

On this forum, I see guys ranting about how women are evil... and I see women who can't find dates asking what they can change about themselves, not blaming men.

And I don't think any of this is hardwired, or men's fault. I think sexist society teaches men that their emotions cannot be controlled, they have to only be either suppressed or erupt violently. I see adult men who don't have the self-regulating skills of a 10 year old girl. But I sure wouldn't say men are not emotional.
This is so true. Men are far more emotional than women. I think what men actually mean to say when they say, "women are more emotional" is, "women's emotions are a bit different from ours, and we wish women had emotions exactly like ours." Of course, if women behaved like men did, men wouldn't be very happy at all!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 08:56 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
Women pass out and faint over the Beatles and get physically violent over Cabbage Patch dolls...lol. Sounds pretty emotional to me. Usually the "crazy" label only comes out when every possible rational and respectful solution has been offered to resolve conflict up to and including complete acceptance and acknowledgment of wrongdoing by the man and yet it isn't sufficient.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:07 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Women pass out and faint over the Beatles and get physically violent over Cabbage Patch dolls...lol. Sounds pretty emotional to me.
And men practically get aroused, scream, or actually cry when watching sports. I will never cry over some man or woman failing to kick, catch, or carry a little ball in a court or field of some sort.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:21 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
And men practically get aroused, scream, or actually cry when watching sports. I will never cry over some man or woman failing to kick, catch, or carry a little ball in a court or field of some sort.
Yeah, the ball goes up, the ball comes down . . . Whatever.. and I never have gotten excited over a cabbage patch baby either, except my own little one that had the CPB look. So cute.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:21 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
And men practically get aroused, scream, or actually cry when watching sports.
Here in America, women do that too. Like this woman and several others who cried after the Superbowl loss, just like me :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2EF362Q0k

Old 07-12-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
True, and I agree with you. It's just a silly game to me.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
True, and I agree with you. It's just a silly game to me.
No its not . Without the NFL, life would be so bland. Nothing better than a Pats Vs. Broncos playoff game in subfreezing overcast cold. The intensity just runs through your veins. How could you not feel this stuff man.

Also, learn that you can meet a lot of exciting hot chic's at sports bars. That's where I get the cheers from women, calling plays .

Old 07-12-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
No its not . Without the NFL, life would be so bland. Nothing better than a Pats Vs. Broncos playoff game in subfreezing overcast cold. The intensity just runs through your veins. How could you not feel this stuff man.

Also, learn that you can meet a lot of exciting hot chic's at sports bars. That's where I get the cheers from women, calling plays .
Oh, I like sports all right, I'm just not a fanatic much anymore. Instead of jumping out of the recliner like I just won the lottery it's more like "meh, that was cool". I did enjoy Florida whipping Ohio State in the NC a few years back. I guess I've mellowed with age.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Oh, I like sports all right, I'm just not a fanatic much anymore. Instead of jumping out of the recliner like I just won the lottery it's more like "meh, that was cool". I did enjoy Florida whipping Ohio State in the NC a few years back. I guess I've mellowed with age.
"Can Dolphins make the playoffs with Tannehill ? What else do they need to complete the puzzle. "

These are questions I sometimes ask chic's in sports bars, and you will be surprised with the spectacular level of in depth analysis some of these young women do regarding team dynamics. My point is that cheering for sports is not a male only thing.

Women do it too, and I consider it a turn on. As long as they dont support the giants or jets, its .

Old 07-12-2014, 10:00 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
This is so true. Men are far more emotional than women. I think what men actually mean to say when they say, "women are more emotional" is, "women's emotions are a bit different from ours, and we wish women had emotions exactly like ours." Of course, if women behaved like men did, men wouldn't be very happy at all!!!!
There's that chip showing again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships