Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 03:59 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,692 times

Advertisements

I like this Dr. Nerdlove...reading more of his stuff now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 05:00 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
An older woman I know that works with several young girls, has noted to me how often she sees the problem is that they are bipolar.
I don't fully know that much about being bipolar except that they seem to be raised with out much discipline or it is a mental disorder genetically handed down, mostly among females.
Women do pass down their behaviors to their babies before they are born, not necessarily genetic .
Fearful mothers have fearful children, courageous mothers have brave children.
It's learned in the womb .
Some of the problem I THINK is that so many women read romance novels and develop irrational expectations of men because of them.
Guys haven't read the books, so they don't know their part of the script.
My advise ,girls , if you want to know what a guy thinks ,be honest about things you believe, not saying things you think he want's to hear. that's his que your serious about getting strait answers about what he feels.
Guys , think about what your going to say, and where she is at the moment emotionally.
Girls , pick your battles . don't make fights over things that really don't matter ,honestly. like the color of a room , it can be changed later on.

I digress.
Every one is challenged some how ,
In my particular environment and circumstances , the women I meet most of the time, need money.
I am not a sugar daddy. I like friends, I don't have wealth, and no horsing around, they are not interested.
I don't call them crazy , but they are desperate .

Old 07-07-2014, 05:04 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,692 times
Huh? Romance novels. Does anyone really have time for that drivel? I get all of my drama fix on city data, who needs tv or novels.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:55 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,857 times
Women use douche

Men use crazy

Both offensive

So what's the problem?

Old 07-07-2014, 06:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
This guy is minimizing and not accepting blame. He is saying his actions, what he was doing, isn't about him. He is saying all men, or lots of men, do this to control women. Horse hockey. Big, giant load of manure. He is just making his crummy, pathetic actions seem more reasonable or common in order to minimize the personal responsibility he will take.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 AM

283 posts, read 349,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1w0n View Post
I used to think a crazy bi###, was a woman, who would scream in an argument....back in the day, when I didn't want to really deal with an issue, I would try to maintain a civilized environment, by talking in a calm voice, whenever I had a yelling female arguing with me. I knew that the demeanor would push buttons, but they were the crazy ones, because they would yell so loudly, the kind of frustrating yelling that neighbors can hear. As I got older, I realized that my passive aggressive behavior, was manipulative. Refusing to discuss some issue they had, by turning my back and ignoring them. All passive aggressive behavior. This is something I worked hard on, and have made a positive change about 10 years ago. I actually am friends with a few of those women, and 10 years ago, I reached out and apologized for my behavior....they all dropped their jaws in disbelief..lol

Whenever you do those things to a woman who is mad, you are telling them to ****, that they aren't important, and you dont care what they have to say...it's a big FU, so how else are they going to get your attention? You pressed all the buttons for detonation.... At least in my experiences the crazy women, were made that way because of my actions....I'm betting that's the case with many who have been called crazy.
not true at all
when something is bothering a woman and there is merit to her point she will explain herself well in a relatively calm manner. when there is no merit to what she is saying she will fly off the handle, ranting and raving like a lunatic.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:48 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
I have never been called crazy in a bad way by a guy, but I am sure some of them have called me b****.

I have been told that I am mean a long time ago. I was really defensive because I was angry and frustrated a lot of the time, and I took it out on everyone else. I didn't know how to deal with my feelings and keeping them inside. So when I am angry or upset I don't talk to anyone. I just close myself off because I am not fun like that.

Some people still call me mean, when really I am just extremely and sometimes brutally honest.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:16 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I thought gas lighting was teenagers eating too many bean burritos with a penchant for lighters.....
Gaslighting is a term for mental abuse and mental manipulation. The term comes from a very famous film called Gas Light. In the film, the husband (a sociopath or psychopath - not sure which but someone here will probably be better able to say), sets things up to convince his wife into believing she's insane or crazy. She will notice something different, and he'll assure her it's not so, that she's crazy. He does this over and over.

Example for the sake of discussion: A man gets home late because he's cheating, and he's wearing different clothes. The wife says, "Where were you???? You're wearing different clothes! Are you cheating?" He says, "You're CRAZY! You need to go see a shrink!"

I used that example because men who are cheating use gaslighting on women all the time.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:23 AM

305 posts, read 655,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylonggamer View Post
not true at all
when something is bothering a woman and there is merit to her point she will explain herself well in a relatively calm manner. when there is no merit to what she is saying she will fly off the handle, ranting and raving like a lunatic.
Uhm, no.....people fly of the handle when they are triggered beyond their capacity to self regulate. That has nothing to do with whether they have a point or not but is about one's personal vulnerabilities. For example someone who has been raped might have a stronger reaction to being called a **** than someone who hasn't been raped.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:11 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1w0n View Post
I used to think a crazy bi###, was a woman, who would scream in an argument....back in the day, when I didn't want to really deal with an issue, I would try to maintain a civilized environment, by talking in a calm voice, whenever I had a yelling female arguing with me. I knew that the demeanor would push buttons, but they were the crazy ones, because they would yell so loudly, the kind of frustrating yelling that neighbors can hear. As I got older, I realized that my passive aggressive behavior, was manipulative. Refusing to discuss some issue they had, by turning my back and ignoring them. All passive aggressive behavior. This is something I worked hard on, and have made a positive change about 10 years ago. I actually am friends with a few of those women, and 10 years ago, I reached out and apologized for my behavior....they all dropped their jaws in disbelief..lol

Whenever you do those things to a woman who is mad, you are telling them to ****, that they aren't important, and you dont care what they have to say...it's a big FU, so how else are they going to get your attention? You pressed all the buttons for detonation.... At least in my experiences the crazy women, were made that way because of my actions....I'm betting that's the case with many who have been called crazy.
Gawd, thank you for this. Sounds just like the dynamic I had with my ex. I've always had weak vocal chords anyway and when we got in a disagreement he could sound perfectly reasonable and rational while I'd have to raise my voice higher and screechier to be "heard." I always did wonder whether it was conscious on his part, and got my answer just last year when we were in a public place (post divorce) and he was trying desperately to engage me in an argument but I knew what he was up to--he wanted to get me screaming in front of our friends so they would turn against me and think i was crazy. I didn't. What's ironic is that he'd say the most irrational things in a calm voice, but like you he was passive aggressive, and unlike you, he never seemed to gain any insight into that. I guess he came by it honestly bc the whole family was like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships