Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 05:09 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoMan View Post
No but with me it would go so wrong it would be humiliating.
When you're ready, you'll be motivated (it happens naturally), so nothing will go wrong. Nature will take over.

But you're getting WAY ahead of yourself! You haven't even been on a 2nd date with her yet. You haven't even texted her after the event! You don't even know yet if you like her, if your posts are to be believed. First you have to figure out if you like her. That will take a few dates, to scope out her personality, values, and interests. You don't need to think any farther ahead than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 05:19 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
ThermoMan, you're probably feeling anxious because this seems to be too good to be true: a cute lady you find attractive took the nerve to hit on you by suggesting you go get coffee, together.

Here's living proof, man: Not every woman wants a bad boy.

I'm assuming she likes something about you, about your innocence? I personally dig shy guys myself so maybe she finds your quietness kinda cute. And, you sit with her in class.. she probably can't help but to notice what a cutie she finds interesting! Sheesh.

Have FUN. And, please go with the groove. Don't listen to the neggers on here (who will suggest she's a ho). She likes YOU! Enjoy!! and, keep us posted, k? :thumbs up:

Old 07-13-2014, 05:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoMan View Post
If she invites me again, I'll accept it. If not, I'll let it stay as it is.
We might as well close up the thread, she's likely not going to ask again since it doesn't seem you are particularly interested.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
ThermoMan, you're probably feeling anxious because this seems to be too good to be true: a cute lady you find attractive took the nerve to hit on you by suggesting you go get coffee, together.

Here's living proof, man: Not every woman wants a bad boy.

I'm assuming she likes something about you, about your innocence? I personally dig shy guys myself so maybe she finds your quietness kinda cute. And, you sit with her in class.. she probably can't help but to notice what a cutie she finds interesting! Sheesh.

Have FUN. And, please go with the groove. Don't listen to the neggers on here (who will suggest she's a ho). She likes YOU! Enjoy!! and, keep us posted, k? :thumbs up:
My guess, too, is that she found him to be pretty smart during their class project. And the fact that he's not cocky or arrogant.

Look at it this way; you two have something in common--you both place a lot of importance on personality and character. What's not to like?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My guess, too, is that she found him to be pretty smart during their class project. And the fact that he's not cocky or arrogant.

Look at it this way; you two have something in common--you both place a lot of importance on personality and character. What's not to like?
ruth and kat have said the same thing i have been telling you, so if you dont want to listen to me, listen to them. after all they are the correct gender to give you better insight than i can

so OP, what are you waiting for, an engraved invitation? you want her to drop to her knees and beg you? like they said, you havent even gone on a second date yet, and already you are thinking about sex, so at least you have some interest in her if you are thinking that far ahead.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
We might as well close up the thread, she's likely not going to ask again since it doesn't seem you are particularly interested.
True. OP, you may well have given her the idea you're not interested. Congrats--you may have brought about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:08 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
If you will learn to turn any situation around and make it backfire on the offensive person, this will never happen to you.. My instincts say she just found you to be a nice person and wants some conversation... I would go and enjoy the coffee..

Old 07-13-2014, 06:12 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
True. OP, you may well have given her the idea you're not interested. Congrats--you may have brought about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I have faith and confidence that posters like Ruth and I will somehow help to make a difference!

We'll call ourselves unPUAs, and we solicit our materials for free. How about that for sincerity? And, no please don't go listening to so-called (s)experts who claim to want to help you, yet steal your money like a bunch of crooks!

We are here to help, mister!! (And, I totally agree- the part where he seems humble and smart, I mean, some girls love the really shy laid-back intelligent guys, and guys like Thermo have no clue!!)

Old 07-13-2014, 06:13 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
The sad thing is that so many guys would kill to be in this guy's position right now, lol. OP is completely blowing this opportunity.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so OP, what are you waiting for, an engraved invitation?
This is exactly what he's waiting for. Or for a blimp to pass overhead with the invitation trailing behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships