Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 08:02 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Grow a pair and ask the girl out,obviously she sees something interesting in you to have asked you out in the first place,whats the worst that can happen?
Good question. OP, what's the worst that can happen if you call her and ask her out? What's the worst that could possibly happen on date 2? A conversation? Is that so terrifying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 08:05 AM

45,404 posts, read 60,592,880 times
As an aside, most of the men on here would be rounding third base on the way to home with this woman in the time it's taken for the OP's angst to play out.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good question. OP, what's the worst that can happen if you call her and ask her out? What's the worst that could possibly happen on date 2? A conversation? Is that so terrifying?

I don't get the mindset of so many people here on this. Geeze, lets say you get rejected or it doesn't work out at all 90% of the time (which is super high in reality).... 9/10 nothing happens, 1/10 there is awesome conversation, companionship, doing fun things, kissing... more... well shoot, if I was going to weight those things, the potential benefits WAY outweigh the potential negatives. It isn't even close!

Old 07-14-2014, 08:12 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoMan View Post
Even if for some miracle things developed between us, it would be very awkard to me to deal with stuff like kissing and sex. No way I'm going through such an hummiliation.
Maybe you could benefit from some professional help.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:13 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
As an aside, most of the men on here would be rounding third base on the way to home with this woman in the time it's taken for the OP's angst to play out.
Or they'd be trying to. But maybe what she likes about the OP is his shyness and nerdiness. Maybe she figured out he wouldn't be able to put any moves on her anytime soon, and that suits her. She may be one of the ones that like to take it slow.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:23 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
I had this assignment in a class (in college) where I didn't know anyone but it was supposed to be in pairs. A girl asked me if I wanted to pair up and I said no problem. The assignment is done and the class is over.

Yesterday she invited me for coffee this Saturday and I told her I would have to check my schedule. I find it very suspicious because no girl has ever invited me to such a thing. Apart from that, she's incredibly beautiful whereas I'm average. I think she might be wanting to make fun of me or laugh in my face if I accept, like "How did it ever cross your mind I would go out with you?"

What do you think I should do?
Are you kidding me?? She is only asking for coffee, I would go for it, what do you have to lose? Especially if you think she is out of your league. Maybe she likes you for who you are? There are still people like that.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:23 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Quote:
She showed no indication we were to see each other again so, no.
Did you watch her body language? How did she behave? Did YOU make it known that you were interested? Not in an overbearing, moving-too-fast way, but did you even ASK her what she was doing next weekend or anything?

Old 07-14-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I've always managed very well on my own, thank you very much. I pity those who always need to have someone else around, that surely isn't healthy.
You're introverted, I get that. I tend towards being that way myself, but you know what? I met a woman whose company I enjoy and married her. She's more introverted than I am, but it doesn't mean we don't enjoy each others company, emotionally, physically, and sexually, it simply means we're not the type to enjoy large crowds or parties. We both enjoy SMALL get-togethers but not clubs, bars, or large parties all that much (once in a blue moon is fine).

We also have our alone time and time with other friends, that's all normal...but don't mistake your own introversion for never needing to have another person's company. I made that mistake at one point in life. I like to think of it as being more selective with whose company I wish to be in.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Who said we were going out on a romantic date?
She did. By her actions.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You don't act like you're into women. You keep wanting to friendzone this classmate who you say is gorgeous, and a nice person. And into you.

Nobody does that, if they're into women.
They can, if they refuse to believe any truly beautiful woman would be interested in them.

I was at that point years ago. I intentionally dated women who I found only barely attractive (even considering my own somewhat "quirky" tastes in women anyway) because I though any moreso and they wouldn't be interested, no matter what signs I saw.

I had to improve myself in other ways to get past it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships