Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoMan View Post
I don't know if I like her or not because our contact has been very superficial. I would have to get to know her better. I just find it impossible to believe she's into me. I see what type of guys girls go for and I don't fit into the model.
Dude, THERE IS NO MODEL!!!!!

Yes, there is a stereotype of "hot guy" and a lot of women like that type. A lot don't, or, at least, see things in other guys that are attractive as well even if they don't "fit the bill".

Yes, some women only date guys who look like George Clooney (or whoever). Just like some guys are PUA d-bags who only date "10's".

However, men too have different tastes - I like women who have a bit of a quirky, offbeat personality and looks - not "ugly" by anyone's standards, but beautiful in a way different than what Hollywood or the Internet says are hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I don't know if I like her or not because our contact has been very superficial. I would have to get to know her better. I just find it impossible to believe she's into me. I see what type of guys girls go for and I don't fit into the model.
Your own assumptions about her type of guy are going to ensure you never have a real relationship.
What you think you see and what you actually see can be two completely different things because your vision of yourself is skewed by your own insecurity.

If you want to know if she is wanting more than being colleagues or friends give a call and ask her if she would like to take a walk in the park then stop for an early supper.

You really don't know if you fit into her model for men she is attracted to or not.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:04 AM

108 posts, read 131,883 times
I won't be contacting her any further, so case closed I suppose.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
If you don't want to, then don't, there's nothing wrong with that...but what I don't understand is, why put forth all these concerns if you don't like her anyway? Why take the time to write up your original post, and reply, only to do nothing anyway in the end?

Old 07-14-2014, 09:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Whew what a relief that must be for you.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Sh*t, if I weren't married, I'd call her MYSELF to ask her out, just to see what the deal is!

Old 07-14-2014, 09:21 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't get the mindset of so many people here on this. Geeze, lets say you get rejected or it doesn't work out at all 90% of the time (which is super high in reality).... 9/10 nothing happens, 1/10 there is awesome conversation, companionship, doing fun things, kissing... more... well shoot, if I was going to weight those things, the potential benefits WAY outweigh the potential negatives. It isn't even close!
exactly. i was in the exact same position the OP is in, when i was his age. i was painfully shy, and i had been rejected so many times, that if baron von ricktoven had as many air victories as women had rejections with me, germnay would have won world war one. but by the same token, had a girl asked me out, i would have gone, and if i had the time the OP had, i would be asking her out again.

Quote:
well that is your choice obviously, but i think you are being a complete idiot, and you are going to relegate yourself to the ash heap of single hood for a very long time.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:32 AM

108 posts, read 131,883 times
Thanks everyone for the answers.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the answers.
*sigh*

I hope we were not wasting our time with them.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:00 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
*sigh*

I hope we were not wasting our time with them.
that depends on how you look at it. we at least got him to go out with this girl, even though he is being a complete idiot and not going out with her again, someone else in a similar situation might be reading this advice, and choose to go for it, and make the second date, and a third, and eventually marry the girl of his dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships