Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 10:48 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,320,272 times

Advertisements

Not sure what the patterns are, but I'm bored as heck in this forum. I am interested in sexual details, fetishism, and intimacy, but this forum only features amateur questions and topics for tame individuals. Not sure why I am here, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 10:51 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
What's funny, is in your effort to pick apart my example (because that's what I was showing, myself as an example of a woman who had a rough time dating her her 20s) you are proving my point. You find it almost impossible to believe that a woman in her 20s could have any problems dating at all... they are in their prime and wanted by all. And hence, if you don't have dates as a woman in her 20s... it's her fault and something is wrong with "her." She's doing something wrong. A man in the same position... well, it's rough, dating is rough, women can be picky, don't worry about it, etc, etc. It's "not" his fault.

My point was less women will complain about it because society (And they) tend to blame themselves and they will quietly introspect to figure out what "they" are doing wrong. Look at any post here by a young woman who complains about dating being hard for her? It's always filled with "are you fat" "you must be ugly because even an average woman can get a date" "you must be too picky" etc. There is a stigma.
Of course these myths are ridiculous. They're just cliches. They have nothing to do with many womens' real lives.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Not sure what the patterns are, but I'm bored as heck in this forum. I am interested in sexual details, fetishism, and intimacy, but this forum only features amateur questions and topics for tame individuals. Not sure why I am here, yes.
Didn't you have your own thread on this topic yesterday or the day before? Didn't people tell you you need to search out a different website? So if you're bored and C-D doesn't offer the topics you want, why are you still here, and complaining? Who's to blame if you're bored on this forum, yet you still hang around?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:54 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
This post needs comparison pictures.
I look the same... just older and 10 pounds heavier now. I mean, I didn't have plastic surgery or anything and I didn't look old and grow younger like Benjamin Button.

It's not about my looks, I am older. It's about my personality. Like I said, I came out of my shell. I went form shy and low self esteem to outgoing and confident.

When you are a 20-year-old woman and everyone is telling you "this is when you will look the best" "this is when dating is easy for women" "this is when men will like you most" and you get NO attention from the opposite sex, it really does a number on you. It did me. And like I said, man or woman, low self esteem is opposite sex repellent.

Being in a marriage with a man who turned out to be gay was rough, but I grew stronger emotionally and I no longer have those issues I once had. I like myself now.. no matter what.. Flaws and all. I have confidence. And that comes through I think and acts as opposite sex attractors.

If I had been this outgoing and confident in my 20s, who knows.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
When you are a 20-year-old woman and everyone is telling you "this is when you will look the best" "this is when dating is easy for women" "this is when men will like you most" and you get NO attention from the opposite sex, it really does a number on you. It did me. And like I said, man or woman, low self esteem is opposite sex repellent.
Some women don't look their best in their teens and early 20's. Some women bloom later. It can be very damaging to spout these meaningless cliches and erroneous beliefs to young women. People really need to get a clue.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
1. I just simply clicked on a couple of links and noticed the pattern so I brought it up.

I noticed most threads were young guys under 30.

Then many respondents here at the usual suspect...females over 30/35.

2. As for quoting past posts...I believe in being consistent. I don't care the viewpoint as long as you are consistent.
If you hold inconsistent views, then I will point it out.

For example, a guy goes out and says, "I bought this $70,000 BMW because I am a car fanatic and I don't use it to attract women!"

Then somewhere in another thread, he replies to another guy, "Haha when girls ride in the passenger side, I always manage to score!"

that is inconsistent and I will happily point it out.
I am curious, are you saying I was inconsistent (I may be reading too much into this). Because I don't see it. Comparing my 20s to my 30s, dating is easier now in that it's easier to get dates. Sure I have dating issues... but that's because I am getting dates now, lol. You quoted my decision to stop online dating and join a book club to make new friends and maybe meet men that way. I am not sure how my quitting online dating in favor of offline only or joining a book club to meet people are inconsistent with this observation in my life. I just didn't like online dating for a variety of reasons and since I can get dates offline (albeit less dates, but in my opinion better quality) I decided to go that route only.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:05 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Do you get off on that stuff? It's kind of a weird thing to be looking for here when so many other "speciality" forums exist on the web.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some women don't look their best in their teens and early 20's. Some women bloom later. It can be very damaging to spout these meaningless cliches and erroneous beliefs to young women. People really need to get a clue.
This is true. Although, with me, I really think it was the shyness and low self esteem more than anything.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
This is true. Although, with me, I really think it was the shyness and low self esteem more than anything.
Yes. That can affect the dating life of even very attractive women. Confidence is an amazing thing. It can change someone's life radically.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:59 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,792 times
Confidence, this could be a WHOLE other thread, why don't you start one Ruth, I would really like to discuss that topic more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships