Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Oh I know what it's from. Just didn't think people still used that term after color blocking and Cross Colors went out of style.
Ouch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 AM

663 posts, read 778,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I agree... this is a big part of it too. Although I've known men who are very happy single as well. But overall, it seems to be that women tend to like it better. And I am very content now. I've said it before, this is the happiest, least stressful time in my whole life. I love it. (although I did have a weird and loveless marriage... I should qualify with that).

Yes, I would like the "luxury" of having a man in my life too. I love men. It would be icing on the cake! But I don't "need" it... not having a man in my life would add to it, but not having a man doesn't take away from it.

Maybe we are wired that way due to biology? Like I said, typically women live longer than men... so maybe, in some weird way, since nature knows most women will be on their own (usually in old age) we are wired differently to cope. Or it could just be social... women tend to have more social support like you said. Or maybe even both! Who knows.
Ok if you are perfectly content, and men is a "luxury"...then why date online?

There was a period which you dated online and met many "weirdos". About 7? So why did it take 7 weirdos for you to finally say, "ok no more online dating."

Why not just live your life, and if you happen to meet a guy...great! If you don't, well you are pretty happy as is.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Ouch!

Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM

I just find it very interesting that there are women who claim "I don't need a man in my life!"

and then in another thread they say "why are there so many weirdos in online dating!!!!" or "Why do weirdos keep messaging me!"

"Why do I always meet up with weirdos in online dating???"

That's like me saying, "I don't need to take the bus! Sure, having a bus is nice and all but I don't need it!!!"

and then in another thread I start complaining "Why is the bus always late!!!!!"

Old 09-05-2014, 11:33 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Ok if you are perfectly content, and men is a "luxury"...then why date online?

I'm seeing someone now and haven't done OLD in about a year (mainly to save money and work on some projects), but for me the answer is: Because dating is fun.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:37 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm seeing someone now and haven't done OLD in about a year (mainly to save money and work on some projects), but for me the answer is: Because dating is fun.
This. It answers your post above, too, techcrium.

No one really needs anyone to be happy, but it's fun to spend time with a sexy someone. I enjoy my time to myself, but I also enjoy having someone to spend time with.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
According to Jillabean and the number of weirdos she's met online and the amount of posts she mentioned about it....it's obviously NOT fun for her. So that brings us back to the question: Why date online if you are perfectly content with not needing a man?

Old 09-05-2014, 11:39 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
According to Jillabean and the number of weirdos she's met online and the amount of posts she mentioned about it....it's obviously NOT fun for her. So that brings us back to the question: Why date online if you are perfectly content with not needing a man?

Simple answer to that. She tried it. Found out she didn't like it; that is wasn't fun for her, then stopped doing it.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:40 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
I just find it very interesting that there are women who claim "I don't need a man in my life!"

and then in another thread they say "why are there so many weirdos in online dating!!!!" or "Why do weirdos keep messaging me!"

"Why do I always meet up with weirdos in online dating???"

That's like me saying, "I don't need to take the bus! Sure, having a nice is bus and all but I don't need it!!!"

and then in another thread I start complaining "Why is the bus always late!!!!!"
Just because you don't NEED a person doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to find someone.

Regarding the thread topic, I date more in my 30s than I did in my 20s, so for me personally, my situation was not any better in my 20s. The main issue now is that I have to be aware that time is running out to have chiłdren, so that makes things more urgent. Not that I'm looking to have a kid immediately, but I need to meet someone, get married, and have sex before that can happen which could take years, so it's a concern.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:41 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Also, the fondness of her most recent ex plays an emotional blocking game too. In the end, she subconsciously likely wasn't ready to date and her results proved that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships