Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 07:37 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Be careful. A lot of the down on their luck guys seem to be the same people posting repeatedly under new screen names to ask the same questions again.

Troll threads aside, I think young guys tend to need some advice more, as they are the pursuers and are trying to figure things out.
I always viewed it as a lot of people over 30 (both men and women) and then a lot of guys under 30 with the only demographic missing is women under 30... but they come and go and don't stick around. I also think Checkered24 is right, a lot of the posts are the same person posting under new screen names a lot. I am also under the impression that most of the women here are married (at least more so than the men). But I never counted.

Also, I think lovesmountains is right too... women talk about this stuff to girlfriends... they read realtionship books, etc. How often do men do that? Do men really sit around talking about girlfriend woes to each other? I have guy friends and I've never seen them do that (but they will talk to me in private about such stuff). It just seems to be something most men don't do for whatever reason. The forum is a great place for guys to come and talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 07:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Be careful. A lot of the down on their luck guys seem to be the same people posting repeatedly under new screen names to ask the same questions again.

Troll threads aside, I think young guys tend to need some advice more, as they are the pursuers and are trying to figure things out.
And also, because sadly, too many of them don't seem to have Dads in their lives to teach them the kind of stuff they need to know

Old 09-04-2014, 07:58 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:

Some young women have a ton to figure out, too. "Why do the guys come onto me sexually?" "Why are they so aggressive/in-my-face?" "Where are the nice guys"? "Why does everyone ignore me?" "What can I do to get him to like me?" "I'm not pretty enough. What can I do?" "The guys are bullying/teasing me at school. What should I do?" "My mom says I can't get implants, but I get ignored by the boys. What can I do?" "I don't know how to talk to boys. I'm shy." "This guy I kinda like looks at me a lot, but never talks to me. What does it mean? What should I do?" "How can I get the guys' attention? I never get asked out. They don't know I"m alive." "How can I be one of the popular girls?"

I could go on. You get the picture.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:07 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,367,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I think it may be because women in general have real life girlfriends to talk about this stuff with whereas the younger guys don't have those kinds of friendships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Also, I think lovesmountains is right too... women talk about this stuff to girlfriends... they read realtionship books, etc. How often do men do that? Do men really sit around talking about girlfriend woes to each other? I have guy friends and I've never seen them do that (but they will talk to me in private about such stuff). It just seems to be something most men don't do for whatever reason. The forum is a great place for guys to come and talk.
^These.

Not that women don't also have plenty of questions,
just that it seems females have more other opportunities/outlets for asking/discussing (whatever the reasons).

Old 09-04-2014, 08:12 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times
Because those are the worst times in dating for both genders. There's a reason why you never see any under 25 year old woman saying she has problems getting dates

Old 09-04-2014, 08:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
^These.

Not that women don't also have plenty of questions,
just that it seems females have more other opportunities/outlets for asking/discussing (whatever the reasons).
Exactly

Old 09-04-2014, 08:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Because those are the worst times in dating for both genders. There's a reason why you never see any under 25 year old woman saying she has problems getting dates
You do if you actually know any women under 25!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
My observation is that guys under 30 today are generally incompetent with women.
An alarming number seem outright scared of them.

They need all the help they can get but mostly they need experience.
Neither will be found here.
---

As for the women over 30... Not gonna touch that Q.
Just for that you can't lick my sweat.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:48 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Just for that you can't lick my sweat.
OK. But I'll start with the under boob sweat.
Then I'll can move over to the underarm sweat.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Lol, that's nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships