Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 PM

807 posts, read 1,354,305 times

Advertisements

I think this thread is a cry for attention imo. No matter what we say or whatever advice we give, she will probably do the opposite.

To the OP. You got some honest and reputable advice up here. Take it and post back with an update in a few weeks. Stop wasting time.

To the posters calling smokers losers. Get off your high horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 05:54 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliWife View Post
Do you two still live at your grandmothers house and live rent free? You had mentioned that in another post. All the two of you are responsible for is utilities, and a couple other minor bills. If so, I can't imagine it needing to take so long for him to save money to move out considering he as a job as well.

Second, in your other post you said this, "We used to get along. When we moved he really pushed me away, he was working all the time, I never saw him, he'd then go spend time with his friends, he was always going to hang out with people and our work schedules conflicted and he never seemed to care that I was sad that he and I never got to spend time together."

I thought he didn't have anyone there. Maybe I am confused. If so, why not send him to live with those friends?
Because he hasn't talked to any of them all winter. They were people he'd go play disc golf with. It got cold, people stopped playing. He hasn't been back to play or talked to any of them.

And yes we do and Idk why he can't save his money. I kinda don't care right this second.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:01 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
So when he got home he was like if I had hid your phone and you got home from work and couldn't have it before you cleaned you would pitch a fit. First off I clean, no need to hide my phone to motivate me. Second of all I take it to work like a normal person so how the hell would he have been able to get it? LOL

I told him either help me clean or GTFO, he packed up a small backpack of stuff and left.
Looks like I'll be finishing the house by myself tonight.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:04 PM

29 posts, read 29,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Because he hasn't talked to any of them all winter. They were people he'd go play disc golf with. It got cold, people stopped playing. He hasn't been back to play or talked to any of them.

And yes we do and Idk why he can't save his money. I kinda don't care right this second.

I do not know much else to say except quit being so nice, and kick him out. From the sounds of it, he has the PERFECT opportunity (from living rent free and you covering half of the utilities) to purchase a vehicle, and maybe build up a savings account, for emergency situations that may arise. (Such as his girlfriend wanting him to move out if he can't step up and be a man) Anyone smart person I know would take advantage of the opportunity and build themselves up.

In my opinion a slob will always be that, especially if they're already a grown man. I can already see his mentality is he goes to work, comes home and does nothing else. He believes a it's woman who can take care of the household cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc.

Have you asked yourself what YOU want? Do you want him to leave and be single (so you can have your space, alone time and some freedom) or are you still in love with him and want him to change?

You received excellent advice from a lot of people. I would kick him out and move on. You will live a much happier life! (I think you already know that too based on your other post)

Old 09-09-2014, 06:05 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
So when he got home he was like if I had hid your phone and you got home from work and couldn't have it before you cleaned you would pitch a fit. First off I clean, no need to hide my phone to motivate me. Second of all I take it to work like a normal person so how the hell would he have been able to get it? LOL

I told him either help me clean or GTFO, he packed up a small backpack of stuff and left.

Good for you, txtqueen!

Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,485 times
Good for you choosing to avoid the opiates and sticking to the harmless mj. About him, it sounds hopeless and the only thing that could help is some tough love, boot him out. He may change his ways if he had to sleep on the street, but I doubt it.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:07 PM

29 posts, read 29,008 times
Quote:

Perfect. He has some where to go so no need to stress about that anymore! He sounds like a child. Run out from his home because he can't have the playstation remote because he needs to clean first.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:10 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Let him go. If you want to "mother" someone, consider adopting a child as adults who are truly no more than a child and need mothering are not a good bet since they will never, ever grow up. Throw his stuff out the door and change the locks.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,036 times
Change the locks and be done with it already.

Quote:

Old 09-09-2014, 06:19 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,848,328 times
dont take him back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships