Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:56 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times

Advertisements

This can all be summed up with
"Becuase they can"

Old 09-16-2014, 10:27 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Now if he's saying that women will be happy with a competent lover who is considerate and knows how to communicate in bed (and she does herself), but not necessarily a guy who ranks in the top 99% of men as far as being good in bed, that would make sense.
Agreed. I think many people would be fine with that sort of situation. There are a good many variables in a long-term relationship. I think that sex is a big one, but not the ONLY one to consider.

I'd never go with top-notch sex and a guy who is a criminal or habitually unemployed (for example) for middle of the road sex with a guy who keeps it legal and keeps himself employed and productive.

All other things being relatively equal, of course.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:53 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Having sex twice a day just isn't realistic with a 40 year old woman like it is with a 25 year old woman. Guys are better in bed when they're younger too. I will freely admit that I was better in bed at 18 than I am at almost 40.
Oh, Lucky. You're doing it wrong. One of the best things an ex ever said to me was, "Good thing I jerked off this morning. A fourth orgasm tonight might have hurt." Had I been there in the morning, he wouldn't have had to do that, too.

And actually, if you were better at 18 than at 40, you must not have learned much about women's bodies in all this time. Not trying to rag on you, but I was being a weeeee bit facetious in joking around. Younger men have the advantage in that they get right back up. However, their big drawback is that a lot of them need to be taught female topography. They tend to be peen-centric and that just doesn't get most women off all by itself.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:55 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, Lucky. You're doing it wrong. One of the best things an ex ever said to me was, "Good thing I jerked off this morning. A fourth orgasm tonight might have hurt." Had I been there in the morning, he wouldn't have had to do that, too.

And actually, if you were better at 18 than at 40, you must not have learned much about women's bodies in all thistime. Not trying to rag on you, but I was being a weeeee bit facetious in joking around. Younger men have the advantage in that they get right back up. However, their big drawback is that a lot of them need to be taught female topography. They tend to be peen-centric and that just doesn't get most women off all by itself.

I'm finding that women are far more sexual at 40 than they ever were late teens through mid 20s. No comparison.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm finding that women are far more sexual at 40 than they ever were late teens through mid 20s. No comparison.
Estrogen drops before testosterone, leaving more unopposed testosterone. I've mentioned this before, but I often thought, "How do you men LIVE this way?"

Ah, sometimes I miss my ex when I think back to the beginning of that relationship, when he was 30 and I was 40. Good times.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:02 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Estrogen drops before testosterone, leaving more unopposed testosterone. I've mentioned this before, but I often thought, "How do you men LIVE this way?"

Ah, sometimes I miss my ex when I think back to the beginning of that relationship, when he was 30 and I was 40. Good times.

My understanding is that nerve ending are more connected/complete too at 40, but I'm not sure on that.

There is a great This American Life bit on testosterone that I recommend all my female friends listen to. It's rather telling.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:07 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I skimmed the article and there's really nothing new there. Matter of fact, a lot of the older women could say the same about dating a much younger man.

There's a certain merit to some of the comments, yes, some people do get a bit more jaded and have more emotional baggage from more yrs of heartache, but again that same situation applies to men too.

Bottom line for me is date who makes you happy.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:21 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I'm attracted to younger women because of their reproductive capabilities and their youthful perky bodies. For young women the world is truly their oyster.
I thought you were a girl?!

Old 09-16-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
My understanding is that nerve ending are more connected/complete too at 40, but I'm not sure on that.

There is a great This American Life bit on testosterone that I recommend all my female friends listen to. It's rather telling.
It's more that the vaginal walls thin out, so women who previously had difficulty finding their G-spots often find them in their late 30s/early 40s.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I skimmed the article and there's really nothing new there. Matter of fact, a lot of the older women could say the same about dating a much younger man.

There's a certain merit to some of the comments, yes, some people do get a bit more jaded and have more emotional baggage from more yrs of heartache, but again that same situation applies to men too.

Bottom line for me is date who makes you happy.
I'll say, Chow. Look at how many jaded men in their 20s are on this very forum!

People are people. I like to fire back at silly "articles" like the one the OP posted, but the bottom line is that generalizing is a great way to ruin your lovelife. It really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships