Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 03:41 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
LMAOOOOOOOO thank you for that--I needed a little comedy inbetween reading monotonous journal articles for grad school. You have everything to prove in the sex department. You must be incredibly delusional to think that women don't care about good sex when sex makes up a chunk of a relationship. In fact I have dropped dating older men FOR this very reason. Couldn't keep up, selfish, decreased stamina, decreased frequency, couldn't do more than a couple rounds. The type of women who will pass up good sex in exchange for a man with a grad degree (which btw is a dime a dozen), are women who can't fend for themselves and need to date men for survivalistic reasons and so are willing to forgo one of the greatest pleasures of life. But whatever feeds the ego and helps you sleep at night right?
This.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:25 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I am both one of those older guys that can attract younger women, and I used to be one of those young guys that could not get a date. I can only speak for myself, I am just literally far more attractive now then when I was in my 20s. There is both a simple and complex route to that. The simple route is that some men just grow into being better looking at 50 then at 20, my complex route is more detailed, but I am not willing to share those details.
Trade secrets

But you are right that there are some men who grow more handsome with age. I have a friend like this. He's a good looking guy with broad shoulders, nicely trimmed beard with a little bit of silver to it... he posted some pictures of himself in his 20s on Facebook and he looked kind of gangly and awkward. He definitely looks better now.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:28 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Trade secrets

But you are right that there are some men who grow more handsome with age. I have a friend like this. He's a good looking guy with broad shoulders, nicely trimmed beard with a little bit of silver to it... he posted some pictures of himself in his 20s on Facebook and he looked kind of gangly and awkward. He definitely looks better now.
But it's not entirely about looks, either. A friend used to joke that some guys in their 20s are like unhousebroken puppies, humping everyone's leg. They need to grow up and mellow out a bit.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But it's not entirely about looks, either. A friend used to joke that some guys in their 20s are like unhousebroken puppies, humping everyone's leg. They need to grow up and mellow out a bit.
LOL... that's a funny way of putting it. I was just address another poster who commented he was more attractive with age. But come to think of it, mellowing out and a more refined personality is more attractive too.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:46 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
when I think of older men dating younger women
I think of men in their 40's and 50's dating women in their 20's.
I think of 56yo men dating women under 46 as 'younger'

Old 09-16-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Maybe I'm getting old but I don't think that men in their mid-30's dating women in their 20's and 30's to be what I think of when I think of older men dating younger women. I think of men in their 40's and 50's dating women in their 20's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
I agree. One decade apart is usually OK from what I see, maybe even a couple years beyond that.

Start getting to a 15-yr+ gap and it gets dicey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
It's funny... maybe we aren't all talking about the same thing. I don't think 10 years is that much really either (like Dewdrop and SuperDave)... or even 12 or 15 depending on what stage of life people are at. 56 and 46, even less of a factor. Yes, technically they are younger and older, but it's not what I envision when I think of "older man" and "younger woman." I tend to think back to when I was a 16-year-old working as a lifeguard and men my dad's age were trying to hit on me... that was a whole "yuck" factor for me and what I think of as younger and older. That's why I said this article about men in their mid-30s dating women in their mid 20s wasn't really all that much of a shocker.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Perhaps - but most of the "older" men quoted in the article for dating younger women were between the ages of 33-40. Only one guy was older than that. I guess I think that men in their 30's dating women in their 20's isn't that hard to understand. Most of my friends got married in their 30's - and most were close in age to their spouses. I have a couple male friends that married women 7-10 younger than them and a couple female friends that married men 7-10 years younger than them. I feel like people dating and marrying others within 10 or so years of each other isn't that mysterious. And for that matter - I'd say that people in their 20's and 30's seem to date others in their 20's and 30's - not necessarily people definitely younger or older than themselves.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It's funny... maybe we aren't all talking about the same thing.
You must be new to the interwebs.

Quote:
I tend to think back to when I was a 16-year-old working as a lifeguard
and men my dad's age were trying to hit on me...
Wanna hear about my "paperboy and the divorcee" romance?

Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,315,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Men may want to date much younger women, but it doesn't mean they DO.
They also aren't likely to marry a much younger woman. The past hundred years shows the man is only 2 years older on average than the woman in a marriage. Women don't want older men. So whoever men may want to date is not necessarily who they're going to get. Of course that applies to anyone who is not realistic (women too).

I laughed when the article says a mid 40s man has more options with late 20s, early 30s women. Riiiiight dude. Keep telling yourself that. No way would I date someone 45 or older. Not even Brad Pitt was attractive at 45 (to a young woman).

What surprises me is how many guys age 18-25 want to date women in their 30s. Obviously they just want "experience" , but it's no different when a girl experiments with dating someone older. Once the novelty is gone, they prefer a peer for the long-term.
You don't speak for all women though. Some young women like older men, and some don't. Your opinions and beliefs are valid for you and your world view, but they don't represent all women walking the earth. How do you know Brad Pitt at 45 was not seen as being attractive to every young woman? How could you possibly know that?

Last edited by AnthonyJ34; 09-16-2014 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 09-16-2014, 06:47 PM

630 posts, read 1,048,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I'm attracted to younger women because of their reproductive capabilities and their youthful perky bodies. For young women the world is truly their oyster.
I can only hope to meet a man who wants me for my ovaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships