Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2014, 08:30 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45 GUY View Post
My Dad was 36 1/2 when I was born. I'm glad he didn't think logically. My grandpa was 33 when my Dad was born. I'm glad he didn't either.
And you are an only child, or were their older siblings and aunts and uncles to help raise you? Are you dedicating your life to keeping your parents out of a nursing home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 08:34 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
For what it's worth, I agree with you. He should'nt have to change his mind if he doesn't want to.
Thanks, yeah I saw your posts throughout and gave as many positive ratings as it would allow me.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:35 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Thanks, yeah I saw your posts throughout and gave as many positive ratings as it would allow me.
Awww thanks

Old 09-25-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
breaking up is a good idea. bek you are on a mission and its not the one he signed up for. his wishes and love for you are no longer your priority.
That's the first good reasoning behind breaking up Ive seen posted so far. Im against throwing away a long term relationship for anything - but, you have given me another perspective to view it from. Interesting.

Just seems easier to plan a lavish retirement, than to plan how to definately end a relationship, and end a retirement in one fell swoop. *shrugs*

Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
My Dad was 36 1/2 when I was born. The Op and her hubby are 38.
duh

im comparing the youngest to the youngest

and you do know it will take a couple of years at that age, if they start tonight she'll be lucky to give birth at 40, very lucky

Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
breaking up is a good idea. bek you are on a mission and its not the one he signed up for. his wishes and love for you are no longer your priority.
I think the OP wants another pregnancy because she's still traumatized by the loss of the last one. The solution isn't to have another one, which may end the same way anyway, and would just compound her problems. The solution is for her to get grief counseling and trauma treatment so she can process her emotions and finally put them behind her. When she does that, she probably won't feel the desperate need for another pregnancy. Win-win. In any case, she's not capable of thinking rationally about it now, because she's still in the throes of devastation, grief, and depression that was caused by the original event.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-25-2014 at 08:59 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
My Dad was 36 1/2 when I was born. The Op and her hubby are 38.

I have a twin sister. She lives 2.5 hours away. Guess who all the mess is on? I wouldn't have it any other way. They'll both die in my arms. I'm not sending them to some damn nursing home. My grandma spent the last 20 years of her life in one.
Thanks. So there was no one but Mom and Dad to raise you. Mom was 33 right? When you were 12 she was 45. There is a big difference between 45 and 50. You turn 18 and Mom is 52. You graduate college, and Mom is 55/56.

Mom is the important factor here. The man merely donates the sperm - which he can do into his 80s if he keeps his muscles healthy - but its Mom doing it all from there.

At 33, you werent a high risk pregnancy (under normal optimal conditions). Given this womans age and past history, she is a high risk automatically.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think the OP wants another pregnancy because she's still traumatized by the loss of the last one. The solution isn't to have another one, which may end the same way anyway, and would just compound her problems. The solution is for her to get grief counseling and trauma treatment so she can process her emotions and finally put them behind her. When she does that, she probably won't feel the desperate need for another pregnancy. Win-win. In any case, she's not capable of thinking rationally about it now, because she's still in the same state of devastation, grief, and depression that she was in immediately after the event.
all very true and correct however, she does not think she has an issue, as far as she is concerned he is the only issue.
she does not think she has a baby problem she thinks she has a hubby problem, this is very common regarding any marital issue.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:01 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
all very true and correct however, she does not think she has an issue, as far as she is concerned he is the only issue.
she does not think she has a baby problem she thinks she has a hubby problem, this is very common regarding any marital issue.
Well, we don't know what she thinks, or how she'll feel about it after she reads this thread. We don't know if she's reading the thread as it goes along, or if she'll bother to come back, or what's going on with her. I hope she reads the thread, takes the advice to get help, and finds some relief from the emotional onslaught she's been under for 3 years.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
OMG....40 is so old....

im 43 and too old to responsibly have children, i have been for years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships